• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Castaway Guardian

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

“I suppose you could look at it that way,” Magnus replied, one corner of his scarred mouth rising in the corner. “Although I prefer to think of it as providing you with just one more option.” It had never been his style to push his home without taking into account what the other wanted—nay, needed. What good would it do to oversell the Gates and bring someone who was ill-suited or who would be unhappy?

No one would benefit from such an outcome.

Still, there were certain protocols that must be met, and Magnus was not against meeting them. So he waited for Josie to talk (ah, the Tundra—he had never spent much time in the barren land), nodding and smiling as she did. “The Tundra is indeed a noble kingdom.” He turned his head back toward the stallion in question, tangled, inky tail flicking behind him to slap against his lacerated hide.

“I’m from the Gates. We were previously known to be of the Light alignment, although such labels have long since faded. It is difficult to place people into neat boxes when the world is made of so much grey.” He paused for a moment, not wanting to rush his words and explanation of the Gates. There were few things that he enjoyed as much as talking about his, Joelle’s, home. “That being said, our kingdom is very much a sanctuary for those who need a home or simply shelter to rest their head. It is comprised of many kind, gentle souls.” Not all though. Certainly not Magnus. Perhaps this is where the proposition lies.

“Unfortunately, peace is not free. I am always on the lookout for strong soldiers who can help preserve it—who can fight for it.” Not everyone appreciated what the Gates had to offer as much as Magnus did. Not everyone viewed it as a bounty—there were some who would always be driven to destroy it. He took a second to size up the stallion, pleased with what he saw. Should have war drums in his heart, Akkadian would make a find soldier for whichever army he joined. “I would be happy to tell you more if you would like. You can also visit both kingdoms if you prefer to see them in person before a decision is made.”

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-06-2016, 07:39 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Josie - 08-06-2016, 07:55 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by magnus - 08-06-2016, 09:34 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-07-2016, 02:12 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Josie - 08-07-2016, 03:21 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by magnus - 08-07-2016, 06:21 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-07-2016, 08:43 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Josie - 08-07-2016, 09:47 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by magnus - 08-07-2016, 11:16 PM