• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A new blur in the field..
    Aku
    this is not a quote
    Aku steped into the field. Feeling the warm spring terra under his toes he almost wanted to dance. His blue roan physique and his ebony skull and rope were a nice contrast to the green field. Out of nowhere he jumped into a full gallop, his heavy feet ripping up the ground beneath him as his banner flapped in the wind. The sound of his hooves hitting the earth like a rhythm that lived inside him, he loved the feeling of strength and power beneath him.  "What a beautiful day.." He said to himself as he ran. After a small run he stoped and reared, snorting.. clearing all the spring pollen out of his velveteen nares. He wondered who would run into him first. Where would he call home next?

look up here now; i'm in heaven. i've got scars that can't be seen.
      The sun was glaring down, radiating a heat that hinted at the oncoming approach of summer. It festered at the surface of his skin, which was covered in a soft beige layer of flaky scales, as sweat seeped between the multiple layers. His eyes glittered gently in the light; they were large, compound and though they could see the many colors and intriguing shapes of the world, it was often a blur until it was brought into focus. He pushed forward from the shadows, his six legs (four forelegs, two hindlegs) shifting in perfect harmony as he stalked gracefully onto the field.

Gentle tendrils of wheat lapped softly at his hocks, teasing the sensitive skin as he began to bathe his many limbs in their caresses. A warm breeze drifted through the lull of the valley, carrying the heady scent of another male suggesting that perhaps the land was not as desolate and lonely as he had previous come to think. He lifted his wings towards the sky, outstretching their moth-like shape and flexing the muscles. They were heavily patterned, formed for camouflage though it mostly it had served him as decoration alone. The fluttered lightly at the pressure of the oncoming gust of wind, and again he tucked them along his spine.

He knew he looked unusual; he did not need to draw more attention to himself than he already naturally would.

Elysium pressed forward, overcoming a small slope and it is then that he sees him, his compound eyes piecing together his bright eyes and steel gray pelt. Her stance is one of enthrallment, which causes his own mouth to tug up at the corners in a faint smirk. He moves closer, yet maintains distance - he does not want to startle him, disgust him or cause him alarm.

"Good afternoon," his soft tenor rises, echoing in the otherwise empty space. "My name is Elysium, and I come from the Valley - a kingdom southeast of here. What brings you here?"

elysium

this way or no way, i'll be free.

He's literally a horse-moth hybrid. Pictures are on his profile for reference. Smile
    Occ:oh no i lost my html.. i'll find it later!
    also sorry its so short.. trying to find my muse(this is only my second post with him)

Aku's ears perked as he herd someone in the distance. His orbs scanned the land before falling on a....a horse? a monster? an alien? He wasn't quite sure what to make of the creature as his skull involuntarily tilted to the side trying to figure it out. He quickly snapped his skull up not wanting to seam rude, yet he couldn't stop staring. "uh..." he said almost dumfounded as the creature walked up to him. "Good afternoon to you.. sir?" Aku said putting a higher intonation on 'sir', as Aku was so confused at what he was looking at. "It's nice to meet you Elysium." Aku said bowing his skull yet his orbs stayed up looking at Elysium. "Oh the Valley? I've never been there." He said lifting his skull again. "Its a long story how I got here, and you probably wouldnt believe it anyways... " he said lowering his gaze for a moment... He looked over the ..thing.. in front of him.. "Or maybe you would" Aku said before shaking his head.

"Anyways.. I'm looking for a new home.. I didn't feel.. accepted in my former home." Aku said with a softer, more sad tone to his voice. "Tell me about this 'Valley' and its inhabitants." He said kindly, a kind smile forming across his maw, no longer bug-eyed staring at Elysium,... no pun intended.

look up here now; i'm in heaven. i've got scars that can't be seen.
      A low, rumbling chuckle reverberates from deep within his esophagus as his dark eyes observe the other, piecing together the complexity of his perplexed and uncertain expression. He is a sight to behold, he knows, and an unsettling one at that. With a gentle roll of his shoulders (four of them; a sight that would make anyone grimace with discomfort) and a lolling, casual smile, he tilts his cheek slightly to the left as his antennae drape over his features, shading his sensitive eyes from the blinding sunlight peering down upon them.

Slightly unnerved by his presence, with tense stature and inquisitive eyes, the other does not recoil - as many have before him - though if he had, there would be little reaction on his own behalf. With an unsettling number of limbs, dark, callous eyes and a wandering proboscis, he had grown used to scrutiny and rather channeled any insecurity of his own into humor. He knew he was something monstrous; something usual and revolting - but there was also an allure within his translucent, transfixing wings, his gleaming eyes and his svelte voice. While many turned away from him, just as many were drawn to him.

The simpering smile remains at the corner of his whiskered lips as his wings flex and shift behind him, catching the sunlight across their shimmering panes of flaking dust. Once more, his heavy and gravelly voice raises. "A pleasure; what is your name?" He tilts his cheek again, now to the right, a gleam in his glittering eyes. "I assure you, there are few things in this world that I would find to be unbelievable. Do not feel ashamed for staring; I know that I am stranger than most."

The tone changes, and something tugs gently at his heartstrings. He knew all too well the plague of loneliness that often accompanies desolation, and having somewhere to belong meant everything to him - more than the air he breathed, or the sweet nectar he often savored.

"I can understand feeling a lack of acceptance; I have been there myself - shocking, I know," He says mirthfully, a chortle rising. "and you would feel at ease within the Valley walls. Thick with pines, colder weather in the hot summer months, a swiftly moving river and inhabitants of many personality types - it has always been my home; my everything. In the very least, if you seek refuge, there is nowhere like it. If you seek community, we desire those within both our diplomacy and war castes, to represent and defend. We could use a strong soul in either area, or perhaps, simply company, if you so wish to only reside with us. The choice would be yours."

elysium

this way or no way, i'll be free.