• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll tell you all about it when I see you again (Any)
    Kirei sighed softly as she laid down on the ticklish green grass of the big field. So this is where mares come together to find a place to live, hmm. Kirei had decided that she had lived on her own for long enough now, and finally worked up enough courage to come here. She's never been, and probably never will be, the social type. She took a little bite of the juicy grass, and closed her eyes for a little while.

"Nana! Nanaaa! Where are you!?" The 3 years old buckskin mare sounded terrified. Nana had been the one who had raised her, and she was always there, through good and bad. It couldn't be that she lost her now! After looking for three long, scaring hours, it became dark. Kirei sighed, and layed down. The tears streamed down her face as she wondered whether this is where they go two different paths. She laid lonely, in the dark, dangerous woods. Kirei lived on her own for three other lonely years. The thing about her past which Nana had held secret for her, was the sacrifice Nana made just to take care of her. When Nana found Kirei, all alone, Kirei's mother was Nana's sister. She broke up all contact between her and her sister, and took care of the abandond foal. Never seeing her sister broke her at first, but her thoughts helped her. 'A mare who abandons her foal isn't my sister anyway.' The reason Nana held this a secret to Kirei, was that if Kirei knew Nana's name and that her original mother was Nana's sister, she'd know exactly who it is. And she may never know, because the her mothers stallion won't go exactly easy on her.. This is why Nana had to walk away from her, broken-hearted.

Kirei woke up, all shaky and sweaty. She sighed, another nightmare about Nana. She really has to find out why and who. Shaking it off for now, she stood up and went to get a little drink from the beautiful waterfall.

Sometimes Zilpah wishes she could lay down in the soft grass and take a nap - but that’s mostly because the Desert has very little grass, and what it does have isn’t very soft. The sand isn’t too bad, it just gets everywhere - though after awhile, you just get used to it. Zilpah would know. She’s lived in the Desert her whole life (except for those summers in the Tundra, but they hardly count).

What Zilpah really wants to do is impress the new Queens. When her Ima was on the throne, she worked hard, but sometimes she wondered if her ascension in the ranks was partially because she was a Princess. Now she didn’t have to wonder. Not that she ever doubted her Ima for a moment! It was just… well… Yael was awfully nice. And she liked to reward effort AND results. Anyway, enough of that. There are recruits to be had!

The bay mare coasts into the surprisingly active field on her red-tailed hawk wings, the cream and umber underside a lovely contrast to her auburn coat. She is smiling, as per usual, but that smile fades away when she spots a mare who appears to be shaking in her sleep. Uh-oh. Zilpah remembers the last time she saw someone shaking, it the girl was absolutely terrified of something! (She doesn’t realize it was her the filly was scared of…) Was there danger around? Zilpah isn’t very big and she hasn’t an ounce of warrior spirit in her, but she would try her darnedest to help someone if they were in trouble. She scampers (yes, the full-grown, very adult mare scampers) over to the buckskin mare as she rises and heads towards the water, falling in step as if they were old friends.

“Are you ok? You don’t seem ok. I saw you shaking a bit earlier and was just wondering if you needed any help?”

Leave it to Zilpah to potentially overwhelm the newcomer with kindness. It simply never occurs to her to give anyone a bit of distance.

Zilpah

a song of sand and snow

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I notice Zilpah first, her red wings familiar as she coasts to the ground. It is my intention to stop for a brief hello and then go my own way, but before I can reach my kingdom-mate she has landed and is in conversation with a stranger.

Something looks off about the unfamiliar mare, and my mind follows the same path as Zilpah’s, and I am concerned. Picking up my pace, I trot towards the pair, the thud of my heavy hooves rather loud in the quiet meadow. I am on the opposite side of the creek that flows from the waterfall so I stop at its banks, my dark eyes concerned as I look at the two females.

“You okay?” I ask, echoing Zilpah’s concern. I tilt my head, feeling the weight of my curling horns pull to the left, and then flick my gaze toward Zilpah. “Hi Zilpah,” I say with a brief flash of a smile. It is not that I am not pleased to see her – she is a staple in our kingdom, a cheerful and competent diplomat – but rather that I am concerned for this stranger. She does not look well, and I would rather mend that if I can.

Isarosa/player of Kirei: you need to join before posting.

the join board link is here: http://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=60

thanks and welcome to Beqanna!
    Smile