• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll tell you all about it when I see you again (Any)

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I notice Zilpah first, her red wings familiar as she coasts to the ground. It is my intention to stop for a brief hello and then go my own way, but before I can reach my kingdom-mate she has landed and is in conversation with a stranger.

Something looks off about the unfamiliar mare, and my mind follows the same path as Zilpah’s, and I am concerned. Picking up my pace, I trot towards the pair, the thud of my heavy hooves rather loud in the quiet meadow. I am on the opposite side of the creek that flows from the waterfall so I stop at its banks, my dark eyes concerned as I look at the two females.

“You okay?” I ask, echoing Zilpah’s concern. I tilt my head, feeling the weight of my curling horns pull to the left, and then flick my gaze toward Zilpah. “Hi Zilpah,” I say with a brief flash of a smile. It is not that I am not pleased to see her – she is a staple in our kingdom, a cheerful and competent diplomat – but rather that I am concerned for this stranger. She does not look well, and I would rather mend that if I can.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll tell you all about it when I see you again (Any) - by Kreios - 05-02-2015, 07:27 AM