• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I call your name, but you're not around - No herds
    Jinju
    When Raxa’s muzzle brushes her shoulder, her heart flutters. She looks up at the brindled mare, a hopeful glitter in her eyes, and a smile already pulling on the corners of her lips. But then she notices the look and then she says that she isn’t her mother. That’s all she hears her say, the other part of the sentence just gets lost. Jinju staggers back, tears re-appearing in her eyes. Jinju cannot help it but to put a slight blame on the mare, as she was once again broken. So instead her eyes move towards the black spotted mare, but she says just the same. ”No momma..” she mumbles, head dropping towards the ground.

Jinju only looks up when the black appaloosa mare reaches out in her direction, muzzle gently touching hers. Red eyes meet brown ones, concerned ones, but it’s different from the reddish one. Slowly, almost carefully like she’s afraid to get too excited, her ears start turning forward. She blinks a few times, her red orbs still shiny due to the tears, and head tilting a bit to the side. ”Home?” she repeats, the sounds unfamiliar to her ears. Her gaze moves from the dark one to the roan one, hesitant and confused with all what is going on. On top of that emotionally exhausted.

”I.. I like warm and safe..” Her gaze moves to Lexa. Although she isn’t really aware of the dangers out there, safe sounded good. Warmth too, just as the promise of more horses there. On top of that, she felt somewhat comforted, almost at home. They might have said they weren’t her mother, but they were the ones acting like it. Jinju would soon forget any memory of her real mother, replacing het by a foster mother instead. Hesitantly she takes a step closer to Lexa, this time her own muzzle reaching out towards the black and white mare.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I call your name, but you're not around - No herds - by Jinju - 08-27-2016, 11:21 AM