• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hear my Voice, See my Tears.. [Any]
    {@[Kreios] @[Ygritte]}

Hear my Voice,

The mare had not seen the family in any other Kingdoms, and decided she may as well visit. Meeting family and possibly the rulers would improve her talking skills and self confidence enough that she will be a better equine in the long run. Maybe she will see that her family has some better qualities than that man who sired Echtzeit. 

She started out early in the dawn, a slight coating of frost on her thick coat - designed for the cold, ice, and snow - and nuzzled her younger brother and mother lovingly as they slept soundly. Her brother was awake, and started to jog over when she shook her head slightly and came towards him instead. "Real, I want you to tell them when they wake that I love them, wish them well while I am gone, and that I will return. I'm going to meet the rulers of the Falls, and if possible my relatives that reside there as well." She says quietly, the words almost a low hissing whisper, and he nods once before embracing her for a moment. She leans into it, trusting him to help protect the runes and their family while she is gone.

The two siblings let go of each other, the deep grey dun mare blinking her murky grey-green eyes slowly as she steps away, towards the entrance. "One more thing, brother. Tell Offspring I have not abandoned the Tundra." She calls quietly, looking back towards him, her soul leaving a piece behind within the Tundra to help guide her brother in choices. She was his rhyme and reason most of the time, and often was lost when forced to make an individual choice.

She exits the icy Tundra and it starts to break the ice and snow to let dead grasses and sturdier plants able to stand the cold through, the ground becoming softer, harder to make noise on, softening her hoofbeats. Her heartbeat quickens as she leaves the hold of the Tundra's edge, her ears swiveling to take in the noise of summer outside the cold. Her journey has begun.

She starts to trot, her breath coming in a slight gasp as heat comes in waves over her body. She makes a good distance before midday, having seen the edges of the gates. She can see a spray-formed rainbow, signaling the bottom of the Fall's waterfall marking the entrance. She admires the greens and yellows and oranges and reds, blues and gentle, warm breezes that she is not yet used to. She did not realize the Gates and Falls were so close together, and it was sundown as she stepped inside the edges of the Falls. "Hello? I am Rael Fire, and am from the Tundra. I wish to meet the rulers in peace." She sends out quietly, not wanting go cause too much noise.

See my Tears..
    Rael Fire
    Raelnyx * G'ren

OOC - She's here to meet mingdom rulers, and keep alliance/enemy stuff off the table as she is a warrior, not a diplomat. Just here in peace.
    Raxa was not one to take trespassing with a friendly nip to the withers, no matter what motive the horse had. In this case, despite the peaceful demeanor the mare was giving off, that didn't change the fact she had come to the kingdom without permission. Tensing as she realized there was an intruder, Raxa reared before taking off at a gallop, heading for the border of the kingdom where she sensed the intruder was.

The warrior mare skidded to a halt in front of the intruder, rearing a couple inches into the air and throwing her head back, coming down with a large stomp of her hooves. Her eyes narrowed, the mare's ears went against her skull as she faced this new mare, her tail flicking back and forth, showing her displeasure.

"You say you are here for peace, yet you trespass the kingdom borders without permission. What state of mind are you in that gives you the right to do so?" Raxa asked angrily, stomping her front hoof again.
    The grullo mare rose as this reddish mare does, snorting loudly, coming down after she does. She does not flinch backwards, and does not speak immediately. "What. State. Of. Mind!? Do I look like I'm here to kill the Falls? No!" She snaps at the mare, her ears back, eyes showing anger, as she feels the waves or displeasure coming off this new mare. "I have family here, too. Do I look like somebody who would kill anyone her family trusts?" She says, blunt honesty and a bland tone of offense in her voice now.
    @[Raxa]

Jedi was stalking the territory, his mind had him confused. There was so much to think about, he has made so many new friendships this year and yet Ashara still lurked in the distance. His head snapped to the left as he heard the chatter of others, but this wasn't normal. No, in fact he heard Raxa being snarky and a gentle smile grew on his face at the thought of her saas.

He picked up a trot and moved towards the conversation, and when he peered through it as in fact Raxa as well as a stranger. He cocked his head staring at the Grullo mare, she carried the scent of the Tundra and he grew curious to why the mare was here. It was a known fact that the kingdoms were scrambling to build up there army's due to the magical changes in Beqanna. Raxa was clearly upset, and he caught the tail end of the mare who brought up having family in the Falls.

He stepped beside Raxa, he gently trailed his muzzle along her pelt before looking for the gaze of the stranger. Hello, I am Jedi he gently dipped his head Who here is your family? she did not resemble somebody that he could name quickly so he was certainly curious to the dam or sire of this young mare. You come here to see our kingdom but I'm sure does not come to a surprise to you that the kingdoms are changing. It is not as welcomed to prance into a kingdom that you have no ties to He snorted, his tone was much more gentle than Raxa but still stern that strangers were not welcome.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    "I don't know. Looks can be deceiving," Raxa noted, snorting at the unknown mare.

A sudden touch to her multi-colored pelt startled the mare. She sidestepped, glaring at who it was that had touched her. Seeing it was Jedi, she calmed down quickly, knowing he probably hadn't meant to surprise her. Raxa was slowly growing accustomed to having others within her personal space. They were horses she knew, horses she called comrades. Even if she didn't want them physically touching her, if they did it by accident, she didn't get mad at them like she would've when she first got here.

The mare remained silent as Jedi questioned the mare about her family before explaining why the rude greeting had happened. Raxa narrowed her electric blue eyes, looking to the stranger mare, "The kingdoms have been changing. For all I know, you could be a spy from another. Tell us who your family is, and we'll see if you're telling the truth."
    "I am related to Blazed. My grandsire is Raelnyx, who, if I remember correctly, is her sire. Or you can ask one of her daughters, named Blazing Sunfall, if she can remember two grullo foals from the Tundra who asked her about good habits for a Warrior to keep, named Real and Rael Fire." The grey mare says, defiantly eyeing the painted stallion and the reddish mare. She knew perfectly well the kingdoms had changed, and that was why she wanted to visit her family before war broke, as she'd rather not have to see them as opponents in battle.

She flicks her ears forwards again, stills her legs, still swishing her tail. She wondered about what all they knew about with the war possibility due to Beqanna taking some of the magic back. "Blazed has several scars, from her father, and her right eye is blind." She says after a moment, deciding a detail or two of her would help them see she is related and knows her.
    @[Jedi] @[Raxa]

Jedi flicked to Raxa who spoke, re-iterating what he said, but of course in a more fierce tone. His gaze than turned to the young mare, and his eyes grew wide as she announced her relation to Blazed but he quickly relaxed them. ahh Blazed you say? he scanned over the mare who did appear to have a resemblance. She than spoke of Sunfall as if the mare knew of there relations, like he would be more likely to bring her into the kingdom if he mentioned Sunfall.

He cocked his eye and looked around before allowing a piercing whinny to echo around the kingdom. He hoped for Blazed or Sunfall to make there way over, responding to the call. I called for them, you can speak to them at the border a smile smile parted his lips I'm sure you understand the lack of desire to show you the kingdom today, but of course in the future perhaps you could come past the border the other kingdoms were not looking to give free tours and neither was Jedi. Tundra was one of the strongest kingdoms, as rumor has it, and he was not willing to let a spy in. Regardless of there relations to the kingdom.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Listening to the stallion's words, she nods understandingly. "I can understand, Sir." She says calmly, knowing recent events plus rumours about her kingdom cause fear in most equine's heart - and even some in her own, something she hates to admit.

When he sends out the piercing call, she waits a few moments before seeing a mare - two mares? - and a fiery foal following one of the mares started to approach. They appeared from a small distance, going at a gentle trot. One seemed slightly excited and embarrassed, the other a tad angered and annoyed. They neared, blanking their faces and watching Rael Fire with interest. One seems angry yet, but the other recognizes her and embraces her, asking questions. "Sunfall! Yes, I'm a warrior now. My brother is as well, and he's still just as shy with girls. I'm doing well!" She answers happily, dipping her head to the painted stallion respectfully before returning the embrace, leaning her neck over Sunfall's.

- - - - -

Sunfall had been playing with Memento and Blazed had been coming back from resting when a call rang out. "Jedi." Sunfall says immediately, recognizing the voice. The three head off at a gentle trot, and Sunfall decides to spill about the relationship growing between her and Jedi to her mother. "Mom? I.. I should tell you something.." - she pauses, Blazed slows and looks at her daughter curiously, wondering what she wants to say - "Yes, Sunfall?" - Blazed is nearly walking, Sunfall stops for a moment before slowly jogging - "Jedi.. Jedi and I.. We're.. Umm... Well, we're going to... Going to have a.. Going-to-have-a-foal.." She stutters out, stalling as her uncertainty and nerves rise, her ears flop backwards as she looks away, expecting the obvious harsh response from her mother.

Blazed stops in her tracks at her daughter's words, her ears back and eyes wide. "You.. WHAT?!" She she shouts, stamping a foreleg in anger as she shakes her head. "Well. Let's go see what your boyfriend wants." She says rather snarkily, snaking her head like a chasing stallion to shoo her daughter ahead of her. She starts murmuring gentle words to Memento, and promises herself she won't let something like this happen with her youngest daughter or Mandalocks. She'll attack any stallion either grows fond of, and will twist her daughter's minds to prevent their love.

They reach the two, Blazed glaring at Jedi but not saying anything, and Sunfall shrinks towards Jedi nervously before recognizing the mare in front of them. "Rael! I remember you. How are you doing? Are you a Warrior like you wanted to be?" She asks happily, completely forgetting about her mother's angry form in the reunion, her ears perking forward again as she happily embraces her younger relation.

@[Raxa] @[Jedi]
    OOC - That was long.. And momma is angry...
    Raxa's ears turned back in Jedi's direction as he let out a call, obviously for the ones this mare spoke of. So, now, Raxa didn't see the point in doing anything besides waiting. The brindled mare stood there patiently until a couple of horses showed up, all of whom she recognized but had never properly socialized with since she liked being alone so much.

Raxa noticed how one of them - Sunfall, maybe, if she remembered the name of the mare Jedi described - moved a bit closer to him, almost nervous-like. Since when did she start behaving like that around him? Raxa didn't know why, but she felt a bit angry about - wait, angry? Was she feeling... jealous? There is no way she was feeling that.

Whatever the case, Raxa ignored it. The mare watched as the stranger interacted with the horses that had just arrived. So she did know them...

Raxa stepped back, deciding to leave the matter alone, and watch from a distance, knowing that she wasn't needed in this interaction.

The stallion eyed the young mare who was quick to use manners, a few moments of silence passed and his call was answered. The whole family came strolling along, Blazed, Sunfall, Mandalocks and what appears to be Blazed's newest foal.

The Tundra mare was quick to scream Sunfalls which caused him to look between the two as they conversed like they grew up together. Jedi's eyes shifted to Raxa as she backed up, she wasn't keen on this large of interaction and it was clearly shown. His eyes than shifted to Blazed who did not give a greeting, he was about to but he noticed the glare she was giving him. His eyes grew large as he connected the dots, Sunfall must have said something to Blazed and she did not have the reaction he thought she would. He looked around awkwardly before dipping his head Well I uh...Have duties to tend to he snorted before locking eyes with the mare Sunfall called Rael you are welcome to converse with them, but you are not welcome to wonder the Falls lands his voice was gentle but stern. He gaze one last look to Sunfall with a gentle smile before moving closer to Raxa and nodding forward, signaling for there departure.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk