• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Dear Friend- [Raxa]

He quietly listened to the mare speak, his head cocking when she said she wouldn't make a good mother. She certainly was hard for many to get along but Jedi doesn't doubt that she would be a good mother, she would take the time to ensure her foal was cared for. He than listened to her share her own childhood story, that she was left before she was a yearling. He felt bad for the mare, having a similar childhood although he was two and it was probably for different reasons.

ahh, I think you would be a wonderful mother! he extended his neck to gently nudge her shoulder, sorta like reassurance. She still looked worried after there conversation and he felt bad for her, but was unsure how to assure her everything was fine. He did know that her talking about being on her own since a foal was the first of the ice berg that she was willing to share. I'm sorry to hear about your past, my herd was murdered when I was two so I know the feeling of being alone. he muttered before looking to the sky that was bright and blue, but soon it would be clouded and grey dropping snow on the ground.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Raxa smiled a little at her friend, her blue eyes softening as he nudged her shoulder, "Thanks..."

When Jedi told the mare that his herd had all but been destroyed when he was two years old, the mare's eyes widened, a bit taken aback by that statement. She'd had no idea that had happened to him... and here she was only feeling pain for her foal hood situation.

"I'm... sorry to hear that Jedi," Raxa said, her gaze turning sympathetic - quite a first for her - for him, "I wish I'd have known... I wouldn't have been such an ass to you when I'd gotten to know you..."

Was that a smile the painted stallion saw? It was contagious enough to create one on his face, she muttered a thanks but he knew it meant much more to her. He looked off in the horizon and when he returned the mares eyes were wide, from his statement of his herd. She apologized and even managed to sneak comical humor into the conversation. He gave a gentle laugh before looking at her oh well thanks, that makes me feel better! he said grinning ear to ear. Life moves on though, and I was lucky enough to have stumbled in the Falls his tone grew more serious but he was more than happy to be with the kingdom now.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: meh idk short

@[Raxa]
    Seriously? That made him feel better? Either he was faking it with incredible convincing, or it actually did help. Whatever, something like that wouldn't have helped her. It was false sympathy anyways, so why should she care?

Raxa hesitated on her next question a moment before she grew brave enough to ask, "Jedi, why do you keep asking me if I've ever thought about having foals? I've given you reasons why I wouldn't, but you persist. Why?"

OOC: These are conversation posts man. They're supposed to be short.

She questioned the reasoning behind his words, he looked around before settling back on her I...uh I guess i just think you would make a great mother Maybe it was being lonely for so many years, it brought him to desire the attention of Raxa and Sunfall. what was he getting himself into? He solely wanted one lifetime partner, but he found himself attracted to both, he couldn't help himself. He stpped closer to her, he knew he shouldn't he already claimed Sunfall for the season.

Maybe I should say, I think you would be a great mother to my foal he instantly regretted his choice of words. He sounds so stupid, but he did think she would raise a fine foal, it would grow up to be respectable and nurturing just like Raxa was, maybe a little more friendly though.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Raxa]
    Raxa bit her tongue, resisting the urge to call the stallion out on the bulls*** spilling from his mouth. It was obvious that there was a deeper reason to it, he just wasn't giving it away.

Or, at least, not until the next words tumbled from him. Raxa started, a bit taken aback. Wait, what did he just say? He did not just say that, did he? But the movement of the stallion, getting closer to the brindled mare, told her otherwise. He really had said what she thought he said? That he wanted her... to mother his foal?

Raxa's electric blue eyes bulged from their socks, her sclera clearly visible, as was somewhat typical with her white face. This time though, it was much more than normal. She turned to face the stallion, searching his face for any sign that he was joking. She'd learn to recognize such signs from Jedi, but now, looking at him...

"You're... not joking, are you?" It was more of a genuine question rather than a sarcastic one, but it tumbled out that way all the same. It was explainable, given that the brindled mare, who never thought she'd become a mother, was being told the opposite by a stallion who had actually managed to worm his way into her heart and be called a friend.