• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so the darkness I became; gunsynd

I was in the darkness; so the darkness I became.

While the weight of the children had left her body, the weight of the Valley had not. It consumed her every waking thought, filtered its way into the corners of her dreams. She would rebuild them or die trying; she owed the kingdom that. They had all thought her weak and unworthy, but the Valley was her heart and soul. There was something about the shadows that spoke to her, something in the mist that echoed the song in her heart. The Gates were lovely, to be sure, but they were so stereotypical. Sunshine and greenery, all things good and light. She was neither good nor light, but fell on the spectrum somewhere in between. She toed the line between what was good and what was bad, but more often than not she slipped over to the other side.

There was more darkness within her heart than her parents could have ever predicted.

As the sun rose over the horizon, so too did her children. One by one they staggered up on too-long legs, demanding their breakfast in a way only children could do. Topsail scowled at them but quickly relented, allowing them each a turn to nurse as she gazed off into the distance. They would have to eat quickly; she had other business to attend to. A new face had made an appearance just at the beginnings of her labor, and she had been forced to excuse herself from the meeting without having her say. With the children out of her womb, she was in a much better temper and thus, more prepared to answer his questions. They were legitimate in nature, and Topsail couldn’t blame him for wanting answers; it was just his misfortune that he found her in a very disagreeable state. So when the children finished their breakfast, she gave them a nudge of her muzzle. “Stay put” she murmured, knowing full well they wouldn’t listen but making an effort at parenting all the same.

Opening her mind, she found him easily enough. Sliding up beside him, she offered him a small smile. “Fancy meeting you here.” she said, an attempt at innocence. In truth, others current whereabouts were often on their minds, leaving traces to be picked through. “You’ll have to forgive our first meeting. I was in a bit of an…urgent, situation.” Though she did not elaborate, the bulk gone from her middle should be explanation enough. She was now back to her former sleek self, though perhaps a little more tired than usual. “So please, any questions you may have…feel free. But know this; the Valley and her inhabitants are my first and foremost concern.” she said, a steely glint to her eyes. More than once she had been viewed in an unfavorable light, and always she had risen far up and above it. This time, this stallion, would be no different.

Topsail

Queen of the Valley
    Gunsynd
    I wanna chain you up       I wanna tie you down

He had not been surprised when the heavily pregnant queen had silently left their little meeting. How anything could get that ungodly pregnant is beyond him. But then again, he is certain that the magician is the father of her brood, so anything is possible. If anything, he appreciates her silent exit. Too many females throw themselves into hysterics over childbirth, even of just a single foal. This disgusts him - he had birthed his own monstrosity once upon a time and he had survived. There was nothing special about childbirth, just another part of life that the females liked to pretend was magical. 

And so he was unsurprised when, days afterward, he feels her tendrils of magic reaching for him, digging him out of his hiding. He had felt the guardian’s magic surge earlier in the week and assumed that their offspring had arrived so it was only fitting that now that she was recovered she would seek him out to finish their discussion. Anything less would be unthinkable. At least to him.

He grazes while he feels her approach, unfazed. While he cannot protect his mind fully from the telepath’s reach, he has learned elements of self-defense in his time. He is able to reroute their access, divert their course from the more delectable tidbits they might find within. But knowing that this is her main means of communication, he leaves himself (mostly) unguarded to allow her words to slither in. Perhaps it does not occur to the telepaths how vile it feels to have another’s thoughts desecrate the hallow space of one’s own inner sanctuary. It is, after all, typically their natural way to communicate. But for those who speak with their vocal chords and hear with their ears - the violation of one’s mind is akin to a molestation. 

Regardless of the violation, he remains collected. His features show no change in humor at her greeting and he continues to chew casually. A small nod moves his heavy head slightly, acknowledging her prior indisposition. He appreciates that she does not elaborate. He turns to regard her, sees the steel of her gaze and smiles halfheartedly. Time would tell. “My questions have been answered by your guardian, for the most part.” He says quietly, knowing that his voice is unnecessary. “You have a strong guardian.” The words flow from his lips like water, more of a musing than a part of their conversation. “But one horse can only do so much, however strong.”

He pauses, the silence of the valley encroaching upon them. “Make me your general. I will ensure that the valley grows in strength. Let me create her legions.” While the words are not particularly loud or strong, there is an underlying challenge. What has she to lose?

I M   J U S T   A   S U C K E R   F O R   P A I N
    Gunsynd is currently pretending to be someone else! He is now 15hh, hybrid, flea-bitten grey with clear blue eyes and goes by the name of Ginkgo. He will not have use of his traits while he is in this form. Please play as if he is simply the other persona unless your character has some sort of mind-reading. Thanks! <3

I was in the darkness; so the darkness I became.

The Valley had an affinity for keeping strange pets. Whether they were put on display, or kept carefully hidden behind iron bars, they were there. Lurking in the trees and the forest, blending with the shadows and melting into the surrounding darkness. Many came and went, allowed a brief reprieve from their mistress; but they were never far. Never too far to hear Her call, never too far as to not feel her fist around the thumping of their heart.

Even without delving into the pits of his mind, Topsail recognized Gunsynd as one such pet. Sent away and called back with a mere twitch of the leash and tightening of the collar. And like others before him, he had clearly heeded the call lest he be strangled by the choke chain.

It leaked from him like some noxious gas, that Valley stench. It was as much a part of his skin as his own DNA, seamlessly melding with the cells and atoms that made up his equine form. It did not offend her, but it certainly intrigued her. He seemed to be a throw back of the Valleys darker days, when a Dark God ruled the land with the whims only a dark magician could have. Not to say that the current inhabitants of the Valley didn’t indulge their darker sides occasionally, but their fearsome reputation as blood thirsty monsters was, for now, simply a note in the history books. For now.

She took note of his demeanor, the carefully cloaked slyness that slithered about his black frame. It was clear he had used the powers of intimidation in the past; they would not work with her. Despite the lack of her kingdom trait, she was still confident in her own skin, unfazed by bad boys looking to bully the girls. And so she merely gazed at him, her pretty face a porcelain mask to hide her own emotions. The tension in the air around them was palpable but she ignored it, focusing her energies on Gunsynd and him alone. But when he spoke, she couldn’t honestly say she wasn’t taken aback. He was quite brash, and though his tone demanded nothing, she took the challenge head on. Raising her head she regarded him carefully, a brow raised over one eye. “And what of those who have been here, hm? Should I simply cast them to the side and thrust you to the top?” she asked, swishing her tail nonchalantly around her slender back legs. “If you’ve got the Valleys best interests in mind, then surely you’ll have no trouble working for, and thus earning, that Generals position. Besides that, it gives you nothing other than a proverbial badge to wear upon your lapel. It comes with no special benefits, nothing. You can do the same thing climbing the ranks as you can at the top of them, no? So no, for now, I won‘t make you my General…for now. Prove yourself on the battle field, work your way up. However, I am going to promote you to Major.” She knew most he would bristle, and throw harsh words back towards her, but she didn’t give a damn. He wasn’t the first to try and use her as a doormat, and he wouldn’t be the last. The only difference was she had hardened her resolve immensely since the first time.

Topsail

Queen of the Valley
    Gunsynd
    I wanna chain you up       I wanna tie you down

Your talk of leashes and collars excites him. This is something he has not considered as dominant as he is; but perhaps the thing that excites him most is that constant tightening around his putrified heart that only his lover can hold. It is nothing new that she holds his reins, but yes, for now let’s consider her his mistress. 

Like any good mistress, she leaves him guessing, wanting more. Such is the case with her current chosen ruler - he is unsure but he must go along with his mistress’s wishes. She had control, she would play the game at her own pace. It was Gunsynd’s role to simply ensure the game would continue. It is this role that pushes him to make his request. 

He listens to her words (or rather feels them, deep in the recesses of his grey matter). His demeanor does not change as he considers her. Gunsynd lacks the innate ability to understand the opinions of others without careful thought. He leans back and reaches overhead to nip at a leaf hanging low from the tree to his side. He chews slowly and thinks over what she has said; how to play his hand?

Finally he regards her, notes the steel armor she has surrounded herself with and the china mask that he has disheveled. This amuses him and he considers what has happened to this woman to bring her here to this point. But ultimately this is none of his concern, he just needs to ensure that his lover can keep her tight grip on his leash. “I have not seen a single soldier. None protecting the borders other than you and your king.” His voice rumbles through his chest causing the air of the valley to vibrate around him. “But if you believe that such a move would cause discord, I am more than happy to challenge them for the position.”

He pauses, watching her with interest. She could not argue that challenging for a position was not a “proper” method of acquiring rank. “As for your insinuation that the position is meaningless, I disagree. If such were the case, what would be the point in you calling yourself the queen? Why not become a foot soldier - if what you suggest is true, then you could garner the same results either way.” His dark eyes continue to watch her intently. There is no emotion evident on his features other than his obvious occupation with their dialogue. If she had pegged him for a mindless warhorse she had misjudged. He needed his game too much to just let the issue drop.

I M   J U S T   A   S U C K E R   F O R   P A I N
    Gunsynd is currently pretending to be someone else! He is now 15hh, hybrid, flea-bitten grey with clear blue eyes and goes by the name of Ginkgo. He will not have use of his traits while he is in this form. Please play as if he is simply the other persona unless your character has some sort of mind-reading. Thanks! <3