• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're always in my head; dom

and death shall have no
    DOMINION
    So this was his life now, huh?  Dom lowered herself to the ground nearby, laying her cheek against the grass and rubbing it the same way he was.  Yep.  “Well, seems like a pretty shitty life to me.  If you want, I can probably find something to come over and finish you off if you’d rather.  A wolf or something.  You know, get it over with.”  She launched herself to her feet and shook herself to dislodge the dust and the dirt and the bits of grass clinging to her spotted coat, then looked around.  Not that she was likely to find any hungry predators in the area.  They were inexplicably rare despite such an easy meal.

“Or I guess you could wallow until one comes along on its own.  It might take a while, though.  I haven’t exactly seen many of them around.  You’re more likely to be killed by rockfall than eaten around these parts,” she added, old pain that had long since been left in the past reaching forward to color her tone.  She wondered if that counted as joking about the horror that had befallen her family – all too literally – and if joking counted as progress.  

With a mental shrug of fuck it she continued.  “Guess you could always just starve to death.  But that’s long and slow and extremely unpleasant.”  And took months to recover from if he decided to change his mind.  It had taken her three or four months at the lake with Tarnished for company before she was feeling fighting fit after the sea had spit her back up on Beqanna’s shores.  But then, she’d had fight in her.  This one seemed to be all fought out.

No more may gulls cry at their ears
    Or waves break loud on the seashores;
    Where blew a flower may a flower no more
    Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
    DOMINION BY SAMSHINE | HTML BY MAAT

Messages In This Thread
    you're always in my head; dom - by Barret - 05-03-2015, 04:54 PM
    RE: you're always in my head; dom - by Dominion - 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM
    RE: you're always in my head; dom - by Barret - 05-03-2015, 05:43 PM
    RE: you're always in my head; dom - by Dominion - 05-03-2015, 06:02 PM
    RE: you're always in my head; dom - by Barret - 05-03-2015, 06:26 PM
    RE: you're always in my head; dom - by Dominion - 05-03-2015, 08:23 PM