• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ; in restless dreams I walked alone (gunsynd, any)
    Once upon a time, the Valley had been new to the magician king. Once upon a time, her claws did not sink into him and grab ahold. Once upon a time, the Chamber had been his home - his reign of time where he was none too sane and none too pleasant. Once upon a time, he had known very intimately a woman who wove webs like a spider.

There is little that the magician misses in the Valley - if anything at all. She is tied to him, running through her blood and bones - his magic steeping into her pores. What she feels, he feels. I suppose it is both a blessing and curse of being a guardian. You cannot feel just what you would like - you feel it all, or you feel nothing.

The air rifles with disturbance, and Eight looks up towards the horizon. There was no doubt that this meant there was someone new. This was interesting, though. It was not a pulse of magic of a Valley member returning, and yet - this was not someone entirely new. Closing his eyes, the fog cleared from his mind and the familiar shape of Gunsynd appeared, along with someone not so new. A smirk briefly played on the old magician’s face - a remembrance of time past, when he was so much younger, when things were so much more different.

Quickly, he dissipates his atoms and bones and blood - leaving the soft cavernous forest and reappearing at the edge of the Valley before you.
    “Gunsynd, I see you have brought someone home.” His eyes flash to yours, Aranea, and he wonders if perhaps you knew just what history lay riddled here.

meeerrrr. Sorry its a bit all over.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ; in restless dreams I walked alone (gunsynd, any) - by Eight - 08-22-2016, 04:55 PM