• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take these broken wings and learn to fly [any]
    The mare actually talked to him! What great progress; Aten had been getting an anti-social vibe from this mare, but she had offered a response to his question. More than he could ask for really. He smiled up at the much taller horse, "I'm Aten. My mom lives up by the Cobblestone Creek with my dad and his herd. My sister and brother live with us too, but they're off doing their own jobs today, so I'm playing by myself. My mom's over nearby, says I'm not allowed to wander too far off. But I saw a pretty bird and I chased after it cause I wanted to make friends. And now I've made two new friends today!"

The foal bounded around some more before remembering he had another question or two, "You live down south? Did you come here all the way from the Jungle where the Amazons live? Or from the Deserts? My mom says that no one lives there anymore, and I think that's sad. The Deserts were beautiful from what I heard.

"Oh, my mom is probably still nearby. Do you want to meet her? Maybe she can be your friend too," Aten said, his ears going forward as he anxious awaited what the mare would say.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take these broken wings and learn to fly [any] - by Aten - 08-22-2016, 07:35 PM