• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fame and Fortune.. (Offy, any)
    The mare had searched out the stallion to ask some questions she had withheld until now. She could have asked them at any time, but they were of little importance until the current circumstances arose. She slipped on the frosted grass as the sun rose slowly, washing the land in a golden light during the dawn.

"Offspring?" She calls to the tall stallion, glancing at her scarless leg. Shortly after she had gotten used to the vine's existence, she had lost it as kingdom magic disappeared into the land. She felt bare, open, like a void had opened in place of the scar. This involved one of her questions. Why had this happened? I do not understand why all lost that which only some deserved. She pondered as she approached the king, dipping her head for a moment in respect before looking at the stallion, interest evident in her eyes, questions metaphorically dripping from her well-muscled form.

"I was wondering some things, and hoped you might be able to answer them," she said, an ear flicking backwards as a breeze stirs the dying bushes that still stand as winter nears, "Why did all the kingdoms, all the members, lose the kingdom magic - such as our scars - when not everyone was in that raid? Why would all lose something only some deserve?" She asks, emotion gliding about her voice, an importance placed upon this question as she shifts her weight halfway through. She looks around, an eye still on the stallion, as she stands waiting for his reply. She hopes he will have the wisdom to answer, and is certain he will. She wonders how her brother feels when he lost his scar, looking at his back only to see a plain greyness, unlittered by the zig-zag white line.
    @[Offspring]  - That might have ended up longer than I meant for it to be.. /shrugs/ Well, that's out and I feel tired. I think that's all you'll get for tonight from me!

Love is friendship set on fire ...
    Uncle Offspring, that was how she referred to the black king. He wasn’t really her uncle by blood, they weren’t related in the slightest way, but he was her father’s close friend and they both had been a part of the Tundra’s brotherhood before the ranks had been opened. Even now she had grown towards a young adult Igni hadn’t changed her way of addressing the red eyed king. If he objected it he probably would’ve said something about it by now and unless he did, she would keep calling him uncle Offspring.

The blue roan girl, she still wasn’t really a woman, had sought him out. She always liked it to spend time near him, to watch him and learn from him. Igni admired him in some way, which was not to compared to the worshipping of a king, she did not. Yes, she respected him, and yes he was her king, but he was no god. Nonetheless she loved to learn from him. She wanted to learn from him. Her father had wanted to teach her stuff, but honestly, Igni hadn’t paid much attention to the Tundra’s lord and governor. It was different with Offspring though, especially as he stood where she wanted to be.

”Uncle Offspring!” she calls out eagerly as she notices his silhouette against the horizon. He wasn’t hard to miss. Thus far Igni had met little stallions that could match the black king’s height. On top of that he was broad and muscular too. She’s nothing compared to their king, but like her parents instead. Both small, but where her father was still bulky and muscular, her mother was slim. Her young age didn’t do her any good either, but at least she tried her best in the war caste. A fight didn’t always revolve around strength, right? She would be faster and more agile than the big bulky ones.

But although she’s supposed to be faster than, someone beats her to reaching the king first. She doesn’t know the grullo mare that is speaking to Offspring, asking questions she cannot hear because she’s too far away. However, Igni knows that this is one of her fellow war caste sisters, a rival maybe? After all, the blue roan girl was all set on success and making her name known. She nickers to both of them before approaching. ”Goodday uncle Offspring, how are you?” she asks, genuinely interested in his wellbeing. Probably more in a good story though. Igni offers him a smile, before turning to look at the grullo mare. ”We haven’t been introduced yet, I’m Igni” she introduces herself, head tilting a little to the side before turning to look at he red eyed king again.
    ... and fire is the burning passion within.

OOC: I hope it's okay that I'm butting in? ^^