• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ygritte
    Ooc: does this have the same first few paragraphs as my other post? Yes. But I was writing that one to be an “any” post and then I felt it turning into a “find ygritte post” so basically I did it both ways and I’m not sorry :|

Though the wounds from his battle with Killdare have long since scarred over, Kreios still festers with the loss of his family. Perhaps that is what had driven him (at least momentarily) from Ygritte. He had needed to be alone for a few days, but those days turned into weeks, and by the time he had been willing to return she has grown cold herself. He will wait for her, of course; he will always wait for Ygritte.

As the stallion stands beside the non-magical falls, the sweat drips from his neck and into the lather on his chest and legs. He has been pushing himself for months now, building up his stamina, his endurance – and it shows. Always a tall and impressive figure, the draft horse is in better physical condition than he has ever been before.

He is ready, but there is nothing to be ready for.

Beqanna has accepted the loss of the Desert, and the kingdoms that he had once considered allies – or at least not enemies – seem filled with traitors and danger. Their untrained diplomats had been only part of that; the majority of the blame lies with himself. He refuses to pin it on Ygritte as well, because for all her cleverness and dedication, she is still a mare, and the stallion is ultimately responsible for all of the wrongs that might occur within a kingdom.

He wants to find the bay mare; he is tired of this rift between them.

So he does, locating her in a copse of trees where they are shielded from even the mild winter Fall winds. Their youngest son is a weanling now, off to play, and Kreios wastes no time as he approaches.

His touch is somewhat rough and rather possessive as he comes up beside her. The way he breathes so heavily beside her, the way he rests his thick neck across her delicate one as he nibbles at her ear, it is clear that were the season right he’d have her beneath him instead of beside him. They have always had more than sex between them, but Kreios finds that it is her physical nearness that he has missed most. He has never felt distant from her emotionally, even when they barely talked, but her warmth beside him in the cool nights has been absent for long enough.

“I miss you,” he says with a quiet exhalation, “Come back.”

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The quiet of the forest was like a comforting embrace to her. Despite the loss of her own abilities, there was a residual love for all flora alike. The salmon and sienna mare searches for a fragment of peace that her mind deems to shatter over and over again. In the recent times, Kreios has been gone...she is only left to tend to their family as he sought whatever it is that completed him (or so she thinks). Their youngest is growing stronger by the day, adventurous and spirited.

Ygritte had been humming softly to herself as she stands within a skeletal grove of trunks, her own form leaner with her worry she carries for the whereabouts of the king and their youngest child as well. Dark eyes look off to where the boy had last gone to paw around in the frosted tips of vegetation.

His scent reaches her long before his physical form does. Lobes catch him with the edge of her eye as he approaches but as she is working to wall herself up against his words but...

But when he presses himself into her space...his lips against her skin and the caress of the twitching lobe, she is melting against him. The words she had prepared were her armor, the formal introduction, the casual conversation, scroll like a marquee but in that very instant is when Ygritte closes her eyes to bury against the downy fur and feel the strength of his body against her.  The words simply dissolve in the flood of emotions as they sweep over her.

The collected structure she had held since his time away melted like new fallen spring snow. Ygritte wants to be angry, to lets the tears fall but it all dissipates as his scent frightens away the fears and suspecting questions that had welled in her mind and breast. She fells him against her, he is chilled by the sweat upon his skin and the mare pulls away far enough with concern that darken the amber eyes. All she can, and wants, to do is gently touch her lips to his cheek and trace from his jowl and down the length of his neck to rest her own smaller skull on the muscular withers.

Had the stallion not been so forceful...so possessive...Ygritte would had suspected the worst but in this moment she can feel her body crave him. It was certainly not about sex but just to be close to him, around him...to have his scent tangle in her own hair. "I have missed you too, my love." She had not called him so in the past but the words move easily from her lips, the vibrations of her throat against his spine. They had been lovers, rulers, a family but the word 'love' was an elusive term they had both avoided but now-

Now the word flutters from her lips. Lids fall over the dark eyes as they begin to threaten to spill tears in the rush of emotions that ripple within her, vibrations from the after shock of an earthquake. "Please don't go again." The words are soft as they are whispered to him. The walls that Ygritte had built came tumbling down so quickly it frightened her yet she now knows that he is the one, no matter how far he traveled or how long he was gone, she would always wait for him.

Always.

Ygritte.

(your words are perfect <3 annnd i may have to have more kregritte babies in the near future)
    He can feel the stiffness in her body, the momentary resistance to his touch. She melts so quickly that he can pretend he had imagined it, can tell himself that she’d been waiting for him to come to her just as he’d been waiting for her. She returns his affection and he sighs in contentment, pressing his broad shoulder to hers and lowering his head so that she can better reach.

“Good,” he replies to her admission, and despite the shortness of the phrase itself, there is a rumble of laughter in his tone, laughter that is as much relief as it is humor.

She calls him her love, and he does not flinch away from it. Of course she loves him – he loves her too. How could he not? She is the mother of his children and the queen of his kingdom; he would be a fool to not love her. They have never discussed their feelings, and while Kreios does not know why Ygritte might have been reluctant, it has simply never occurred to him that they might need to. He would fight for her, would die for Ygritte and their children and their kingdom. Of course he would.

Will he stray? Most likely, but that is his way.

Will he return? Always.

“I won’t.” responds the red and white king. And then, because he cannot help but be honest with the pink and brown mare, tells her why.

“The raiders killed my family. Their greed destroyed Beqanna’s magic and my father, and my brothers.” This is what he believes, and what else could have caused such a powerful explosion? What else could have destroyed the magic of the waterfall that has existed for generations?