• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got scars that can't be seen. || cress

look up here now; i'm in heaven. i've got scars that can't be seen.

The inescapable frigidity of winter was beginning to descend, many deciduous trees now barren, their spindly, winding branches exposed and naked to the eye - an unmistakable sign of the coming season. Autumn had been a dry one, with nary a single drop of rain having fallen since it had begun. The air was often thick with humidity, moist and suffocating, and now seemingly overnight it was now fraught with ice. His mouth felt dry and his lungs felt as if they themselves were coated in a sheen of frost, though he knew it was a gross over-exaggeration of reality. He was never one for the cold and undoubtedly would have functioned better in a desert setting, but something about the allure of the thick pines and surrounding, enveloping mountainsides kept him. 

He kept his wings close to his sides, allowing each one to shield his flank with their thick but nonetheless fragile chitlin, the very protein in which built up and made for his method of flight. It kept the icy morning breeze from up-drafting along his hips and rib cage, providing solace to the unusual creature that now lurked in the shadows. Morning was beginning to stir and awaken the land, bringing it to life once more with its pale sunlight and overcast skies. He steps out for a moment, his four forelegs and two hind legs each shifting slightly as he submits himself to the sunlight. Though he is a creature of the night, the warmth of the sun feels glorious against his champagne pelt and he takes a long moment to soak it in.

The moment is short lived, however, when his sensitive hearing catches a lofty figure stalking through the foliage, their weight crushing small twigs and dried, dead leaves along the way. He steps back into the shadows for a moment, allowing his unusual compound eyes to focus on the figure, piecing together her limbs, bodice - and inevitably, her deep brown eyes and copper-painted skin. His voices rises, rough and gravelly from disuse, a glint of amusement in his complex, unusual eyes. "Good morning, Cress." He muses, remembering her familiar form from many years ago, before she had vanished wordlessly into the shadows for reasons unknown. "It has been some time, though I daresay we had little time to get to know one another. Elysium, in case you do not recall."

elysium

this way or no way, i'll be free.

Since Elysium was beneath Cress in rank but present during her Valley stint prior to your away time, I just played it as if he knew of her and had maybe met her previously (since they were going to travel for diplomacy matters together under Demian's rule). Let me know if you want anything changed. @[Cress] :D