• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

winter - pot of cream (and others?)
    Custard nuzzled the stallion."I don't know what to say."she felt a bit like crying.A tear rolled down her face.She thought the foal was small,her belly was small.She would most likely struggle to look after the foal.This was her first foal,she didn't know what to expect.
    Cream felt a kick from the foal,again."How many more times?"she lifted her leg and stamped it on the floor,swishing her tail.She started to graze at what was left of the grass.She walked over to Custard and Njenyi.She k ew she would stay with him,he was the kindest stallion he has met.She and custard would try and stay away from the other mares.They always picked on them because they looked weird.One day she felt like laying down and crying with her sister.
    He returns Custards nuzzle, then rests his head across her withers with a contented sigh. He doesn't see the tear roll down her face, but he is not at all bothered by her admission that she has nothing to say. He rarely has anything to say himself

Njenyi has never seen any of the other mares pick on the two sisters. If he had, that is a disagreement that he would have stepped into. They were pregnant with his children, and he'll not stand to have his progeny endangered.

He suspects that the other mares will be of help in raising the children. Foals are always safer in herds after all. He finally notices the tears on the yellow mares' faces and pulls back with an espression of worry.

"Why crying?" he asks.
    "You don't want to know."she started crying even more."Your child."tears streamed down her face.She turned around and galloped off.She didn't want to see what the foal looked like.She didn't wnat anything to do with it."Why did I do this?"She didn't want to live.This foal would be born anytime soon."Why me?"she was puzzled.Speechless.Nothing came out of her mouth after that.
    "Wait!"she galloped off after her sister."What is it,you can tell me.I don't want you to keep it in."She started crying to."Whatever it Is we will get through it together."
    If he didn't want to know, he wouldn't have asked. Huffing his frustration, Njenyi watches as Custard gallops away.

Does she want him to follow her?

No, he decides, if she had wanted that then she wouldn't have run away. Cream gallops off to join her - an impressive feat on a lame leg and by a mare so heavily pregnant - and the stripped stallion paws irritably at the frozen ground. They are talking to each other but are too far away for him to overhear what they are discussing. He remains where he is, cold and not in the mood to run off after crying pregnant mares that would rather run away than answer his questions.
    They lay there while they cry."What should we do?"Cream had stopped crying.She was thinking about telling Njenyi what was wrong but,she didn't want to break her sisters relationship with her.She saw Njenyi near the pond area."I need a drink."she slowly walked,limping again.
    They don't come back, and Njenyi doesn't chase them.
    He's done what can be expected of him. He cannot read their minds and he will not force them to interact with him if they don't want to.

He goes back to grazing and waits for them to return.

ooc: not exactly sure how you want this thread to proceed? since the both keep running away and it's not in Njenyi's character to chase after them.
    OOC:She did go over to see him.

Cream walked over to him."She is a little upset about the foal.I must tell you quick before she wakes up."she whispered."Her foal is tiny.That is why her belly is so small."she tried not to cry."Jsta ct like you don't know,please.I don't wnat her to know that I told you."she walked back over to her sleeping sister,limping again.
    ooc: gotcha. it was totally clear in your post but I've got it now Smile

Cream returns to him while her sister dozes, and he looks up, his ears pricked curiously. She whispers to him, and her tone and words imply that the secret she tells him is vitally important.

He tilts his head curiously.

"All foals are small." he replies. Surely they know that? They come out very small and grow. Njenyi had once been no higher than his own belly, and he now towers over most of the residents of Beqanna (and certainly over the mares of his herd).