• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With hope and light (neutral, herds)
    A bay overo mare came walking, dragging her right hind leg into the field, happy to think she finially caught up with her brother. She looked around, eyes darting to find that chestnut Stallion she so dearly loves. Not seeing him, she raised her head, hoping to catch a wiff of his scent on the icey winter wind. Dissapointed at not finding it, she looks downtrodden. 

The snow flurries swirl about her, adding to the small pile on her back. She dosen't notice the cold cutting through her fur. She hadn't grown much of a winter coat, her body not sensing the weather change. She has one last hope of finding him here, then she must move down each path. She isn't sure what they hold, but she needs to follow her heart. She lets out a worried, loud call. Waiting, she hears no response from him.

"Chezter!" she calls out into the crowd. Then, a sobering thought came to her. Maybe he had fully lost it. Maybe Chezter had forgotten his beloved younger sister. She calls again. 
    "Chezter? It's me, Keifer!" her voice is twinged with sadness. Had she missed him? Did he no longer come here? Why hadn't he heard her cry? Heart vexed, she listened. She waited for sombody, anybody, to answer.
    Willoway Free Spirit saw her and went towards her,he didn't like to see worried mares."Are you ok?"He had just rolled in the snow,so he had snow on his back.
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool:

We're all drawn toward what's beautiful & broken
    Autumn was Maus' favorite season. The warm air of summer would start to turn crisp and chill. The leaves would begin to change, breaking out in a brilliant, fiery display of oranges, reds and yellows. It was a magnificent metamorphosis for the land, one that the mousey grey minx loved to watch unfold. Unfortunately, shortly after this transformation, another took place. The once beautiful colors of Fall would being to fade, the leaves would start to curl and turn a brittle brown before falling from the trees to the forest floor below. The cool air, once the perfect temperature, would start to turn colder and the sky, once painted in soft pastel shades of blue turned bleak and dreary. As beautiful as Autumn was, it paved the way from the darker side of old Mother Nature. Winter had Beqanna and Maus hated it with a burning passion. 

Snow blanketed the land, covering up the once rolling green hills of The Field. The grulla mare allowed her ears to settle deeper within the warmth of her tangled black forelock. Her dark amber eyes bounced over the stark white landscape, her eyelids narrowing to show her distaste. While some referred to it was a winter wonderland, Maus imagined that it was what people were talking about when they said hell had frozen over. Winter was a cruel season and as much as she loathed its existence, deep down (though she would never openly admit it) the mouse colored mare knew it was necessary. The harshness of the season was ultimately a way to thin things out. Population control if you will. Those beings not strong enough to survive Old Man Winters icy tortures opened up space for new generations to thrive.

To make matters worse this season, Maus was pregnant. Her swollen barrel gave her condition away and caused a slight waddle to deform her normally fluid gait. That's what the grulla minx was doing on this cold day, waddling her way to The Field. She had recently joined The Jungle and wanting to earn her keep, she decided trying to recruit members would help earn some good graces. Sighing heavily Maus continues her trudge, her deep amber eyes washing over the barren, white landscape, the bodies of the other horses sticking out against the blank snowy canvas. A frigid gust of cold air hits the mare in the head on. It takes her breath away from a moment and in effort to shield herself, the grulla minx ducks her head down and to the left, tucking her chin in close to her chest. It's at this moment that she notices a gauge in the snow beside her. 

Pausing a moment Maus examines the mark. It was inside the tracks made from another horse, slightly dirty from where an object had dug through the snow, hitting the earth beneath it. Curiosity was Maus' downfall and she found herself allowing her head to dip downward to get a closer look. What could have caused such odd tracks? The mouse colored mare doesn't get much time to ponder her thought, a sudden shout catches her attention, causing her head fly upward, her ears pivoting quickly towards its source. Not too far from her was bay overo mare calling out for someone. It doesn't take Maus long to notice that that the strange set of tracks she had been looking at led straight to her. Slightly worried, but mostly curious, the grulla mare continues forward, towards the distressed minx, reaching just moments after someone else. 

Maus stops a respectable distance away, dipping her skull in greeting to the both of them before speaking "Have you lost someone?" she ask, her russian accented voice coming out in a wispy cloud of steam. "My name is Maus. Maybe I can help you?" she adds, her deep amber eyes casually flicking from the bay overo to the horse who stood beside her.

Keifer was caught of guard by the stallions question. "I-I guess." she says, then she hears a mare. The minx says her name is Maus. Keifer nods, then breathes out to try to get herself together. "My name is Keifer." The poor damsel relaxes as the other mare offers to help. "I guess." she nods to the mares barrel, "Shouldn't you be at your home? Keifer shivers, her fur getting cold. "But then again, what do I know?" she lets it off with a small chuckle.
    She looks from the stud to the mare. "Have you heard of a dappeled chestnut pearl stallion named Chezter? He-he lost it. Most say he's fuzz brained." she says, her breath comming in sharply. She shivered again, remembering her home. It was warmer, more full of food.

Her curiosity peaked as she realized they were from two different places. "Where are you from? If i may ask. she looked from them both to the stallion. "And what's your name, I don't believe you told me." she said sweetly, brittish acent starting to come on heavy.

(ooc: Hope this works!)
    "Oh my name is Willoway Free Spirit,but call me Willow."he turned to look at the snow and started messing around in it like a foal,forgetting he was with two mares.He stopped once he remembered,he didn't really want to set a bad example."I haven't seen no stallions around here that look that,sorry sweetheart.I can help you look,that is if you would like.I can ask my sisters to help as well if you would prefer mares to help you."His new forest accent moving in to his tone.He loved winter,simply because in the New Forest region it snowed all the time,he grew up there but he got captured with his sisters and was brought here by humans.
    Ethaethe smiled when she heard a mare's frantic calling for a stallion. Chezter. She grinned. She knew where he was...dead. He was better off that way. She watched, eyes glaring as the stallion and Maus offered to help her find him. She was contimplating on leaving when she noticed the bay overo's right hind leg. It was lame.

Ehtaethe let a small chuckle. So many way's to torture her. Should she let her go with the others, then haunt her by following her? Or should she go up there and blurt out her secret? She decided on a third, and made her way over there.

"Excuse me, who or what are you looking for?" she asked. "I couldn't help but over hear. She looked at the stallion, Willow. Bad idea. She felt her heart skip a beat, then her face flood with color. She gulpped and turned her face away. "I'd be happy to help, I know my way around here fairly well." she let a evil smile flash briefly on her face before turning it into a look of concern.
    "Sorry,we are talking about her brother.Chezter."he let out a noise for a stallion to communicate to.No reply.He thought it but,it couldn't be...Dead?He wanted to tell her but kept it in.His ears pinned back,he looked sad but was actually thinking.He was thinking about how he would tell her.His ideas turned to nightmares.He day dreamed about it."Ahh!I am so sorry."
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool:

We're all drawn toward what's beautiful & broken
    After her voice grows quiet, Maus takes a moment to examine her two companions as she waits for one of them to reply. The bay overo looked younger than her, though not by much. If she had to guess, she would say that she was probably around four or five years old. Maus herself had just turned seven. As this thought crosses her mind, she allows her deep amber eyes to study the stallions face. His features seemed older, even more so than Maus. The grulla minx watched as the older horse played in the snow. Now, if Maus had eyebrows, one surely would have been raised in a questioning sort of way. She found his antics odd, but did her best not judge him as she turned her gaze back to the painted minx. She offers her name, Keifer, and then gestures towards the mousey mares swollen belly. As if she already didn't know, Maus allows her neck to bend slightly to the left as she studies how round and planet-like her body had become. "Don't you worry about me." she says kindly, offering the bay overo a warm smile. She knew venturing away from the safety of The Jungle could be bad, but she also knew that her unborn child wasn't ready to greet the world just yet which made the risk not all that risky.

Next, the bay overo is asking about a stallion named Chezter. Maus takes a moment to search her memory to see if it sounded family. "No, I'm sorry." she says, her breath spewing forth in swirling cloud. The bay stallion that stood to her right says he hasn't either and then offers to help. Maus allows her dark amber eyes to bounce back to the painted mare as she begins speaking again. I'm from The Jungle." she begins, her thick Russian accent cutting through the frigid winter air.  She doesn't get to continue though, as a new mare joins them. Maus studies the newest arrival with keen eyes. She was tall, much taller than Maus, though her young age showed clearly on her features. The obsidian mare speaks and the grulla minx listens as she too offers to help the painted mare. As her words end, Maus allows her eyes to narrow slightly as her ears sink a little tighter against her poll. As briefly as it was, she saw that evil smile and her look of concern was not fooling the mousey grey girl. This was not her first time around the block.

As Willow speaks, Maus doesn't bother allowing her amber eyes to look away from the black mare, though she respectfully turns her nearest ear towards him. "Perhaps, Keifer," she begins, finally tearing her gaze away from the black minx. "you could come back to The Jungle with me. There are many others there and Lexa, our Queen, may know of a way to help you." she adds, swiveling her other ear towards Ethaethe. Maus didn't trust the onyx mare as far as she could throw her.

OOC: I'm sorry this is crappy >.< I just got off work and I haven't slept
    (ooc: It's fine. Thankies!)
    Keifer smiled thanks as Ethaethe offered to help, but it soon faultered when she saw the devilish grin that followed. Maus offers her to come with her, to the jungle. Keifer keeps an eye on the onyx mare. She flicks an ear in the direction of the gray one.
    "Thank you. I would love to go to the jungle. It sounds warmer than here." she shivers, not so much to the cold as to the ebony mares false look of concern. She was wary of her, though she had no clue other than her name who she was.
    Ethaethe glared at the paint. "Well, looking for your brother will be useless." She wasn't going to tell her why, No! It wouldn't be as much fun. But when the girl found out, thats when Ethaethe would slam it down on her. As she turned to walk away, she looked over her shoulder. "Oh, Willow? If you need another mare for your herd, let me know." She swayed her hips as she pranced off, smirking. Tormenting a mare, falling in love with a stallion, wanting to join a herd. Man, this was the life.

This was going to be her last one, so she had to make the best of it. She had a few more...visits to make yet. The sun was high, her heart with it. Unbeknownst to her, her frozen heart had melted a drop. Slowly, she was getting nicer. Now, it was time to hunt down Rebelious Child.