• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Swing Low
    Lanika

The young blue eyed cremello mare trotted into the field making her way along avoiding the larger groups of mares grazing. She wasn't a loner she just didn't feel like mingling with other mares at this moment in time. To much on her mind and on her heart since she was new to the area no family no friends no herd.

Lanika was a pure beauty of quarter horse breeding her parents was the top of their herd in another land far from this land. As she grew up she was sought after by many of the other band stallions and some of the bachelor stallions who all tried to steal her from her herd. One day she up and left the herd in hopes it would keep her father and mother as well as the whole herd safer with her out of the way.  Enough on her past.

Reaching a spot in the field she stops and looks around making sure she wasn't pushing in close to a group of horses, seeing she was safe from that she lowers her frame to the ground and rolls relieving an itch, once she was satisfied with her roll she climbed back on her long legs she was tall for her age of 4 at standing 16.2 but she was happy with herself and who she was. She was a quiet mare and did stand up for herself and not taking crap off of other horses when they hated the way the stallions and colts swarmed around her or after her. So she sets off to graze not thinking about her past or really thinking at all she was just going to graze until she was accepted into a herd. 

(blah)
    Lanika
    Sweet Home
    Willow was interested.This could be his first mare,he had to take the chance.He whinnied out to her.

Didn't know what to write.

Manhattan does not believe in the strict society of herds. He was one who was born believed of kings, and one who, though having found his daughter and his mate, was definitely out for meeting more creatures like him. Vagabonds, travelers—nomads. He had only barely stayed in the fields long enough to cross into the meadow, but a time of boredom drew him back here, watching the unclaimed mares and randy stallions displaying their strength. Yellow-eared children he thought. And yet as he pulled into the field, rather than turning away, he wondered just how much difference there was between them, since he now found himself in the same place as he.

He had recently moved North, to where winter almost always abounded. Hidden between the stoney crags of the mountains, tundra and highland plain rested to create a well-protected kingdom that, for once in the entire history as he knew it, allowed both male and female to join in the ranks of the Tunda.

Tilting his head, he spotted a cremello mare who looked to be off by herself, almost timid—wary. Not timid… but she kept her strong side to the fore, a trait he noticed and could definitely respect.

Never let them see you cry…

Manhattan made no secret of approaching her, giving the unknown female plenty of chance to react to his oncoming presence. Keeping his head down and his spine soft, he looked at her with his amber-lit eyes, and spoke confidently but softly, both of which were uncharacteristic of him.

“Hello. I’m Manhattan.”

MANHATTAN
    Baby, I'm from New York,
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of;
    there's nothing you can't do.
    Lanika

Lifting her head from the winter grazing she gave a snort lifted herself upon her hind legs and pushed herself off the ground, the winter's crisp air lifted her spirits and made her feel like a foal again at times and this one was one of them times. Landing back on all fours she snorts at the ground as she gives it a paw before bucking, she didn't care what the other horses thought bout her actions she was happy.

Stopping in her tracks she spots two horses moving towards her, flicking her ears towards the sound of the first whinny she let out a return to the stallion that called out.  Watching the liver colored stud she tilted her head to watch him more as he made his way past the other horses. Seeing he was no threat to her she let out the breath she was holding when he spoke to her. "Hello, I am called Lanika or Lani for short."

Lanika
    Sweet Home
    His ears shot back.He bit the other stallions neck and reared up,this action meant.Back off she is mine.

Manhattan’s ears flicked as he watched the antics of the young mare—pleased to see that she was happy with her surroundings. For of all the places he’s been, these lands had never seemed like home to him before now. Having found the anchor that would hold him together, he now wished to pass along his good fortunes to another, and this young woman seemed just the right kind to be brought into the fold. She was young, and full of life and energy, and seemed legitimately happy despite the earlier source of tension she was giving off earlier.

He waited for her to acknowledge his presence as he approached slowly, aware that there was another male nearby. Unfortunately for him, Manhattan had no patience for time-wasters. He noticed that the lady dropped her shoulder and faced him, making herself more open to the approach of another. When she introduced herself as Lanika, Manhattan straightened up to his full height, his sleek pelt curling around his muscles showing that he was not someone that should be easily messed with.

The other male’s approach from behind went in the direction of Manhattan’s jugular vein—such an obvious maneuver that a child could have guessed it. Manny ducked to avoid the unprovoked attack, and skirted his body away to avoid a second counter. Why Willoway thought he would have had enough room to rear after being so close as to attempt a bite on Manhattan’s throat however, was something that simply caused the liver-colored stallion to raise a proverbial brow at—for there simply would not have been enough room to attempt such a maneuver without knocking them both flat on their feet.

Strangely enough, this rude stallion says nothing but pins back his ears with a delightfully sour appearance to his emotional countenance… leaving Manhattan both in awe and a bit bemused that an adult would attempt such a childish act. He shakes his head, his mane exposing his neck again, as if begging the other stallion n to try again.

In the meantime, he turns his full attention to Lanika, his every presence aware of what was going on around him. “Well then, Lanika, I hope to one day be able to call you a friend, so that I may be able to call you Lani. Have you no home as yet? I cannot offer a herd, but what I can give you is the safety and protection of the Kingdom of the North. The Hidden Tundra has lasted for hundreds of years, and is definitely worth the visit if you have not yet explored outside these lands.”

MANHATTAN
    Baby, I'm from New York,
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of;
    there's nothing you can't do.
    Lanika

Seeing the other stallion's actions towards the liver chestnut stallion she flicked her ears backwards seeming a little annoyed at how he reacted towards the other one seeing as he didn't show any aggression to the one that show it to him why can't studs get a long she wondered to herself.

Turning an ear back to Manhattan she listened to him as he spoke to her , when he spoke to her about a home she dropped her head slightly. "I have no home, no herd, no mate, nothing in this world. But one day I hope I shall have all those things." She lifted her head high as she spoke that she shall have those things, she wasn't a quieter and was determined to get it all and to have it all.

"This place you speak of called the Hidden Tundra what is it like?" She was full of questions now and tried not to slam all the questions at him like she wanted to ask all at once. She shifted her attention to the other stallion there for a few seconds before looking back at Manhattan. "My manners have left me it seems as well. It is a pleasure to meet you too Manhattan and one day we shall be friends where you can call me Lani or even make up your own nickname for me what ever fits." It was the truth she didn't mind being given other nicknames long as the one that gave it to her wasn't doing it out of dislike of her.

(lol getting longer sometimes she is also a flirt haha)   
    Lanika
    Sweet Home