• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somebody that i used to know
    He scans the group one last time. A few things coming to mind that the other stallion should be aware of. Sirana there is required to be active in the Dale as well as the herd. You have an alliance with Cobblestone Creek through her if she fulfills her duties. He looks to Vakarian as she approaches a wavering in his resolve when the pained look in her eye reaches him. What is there to say? I’m not around enough to protect you, or the others. I wasn’t even around for most of their childhood. Its more dependable of me to give you a home where not only will you be safe, but also allow you all to stay together. At least this way you won’t be losing all your family. He will be much more devoted and focused on your needs then I could ever be. If you object and want to choose a different path for your life, then this would be your opportunity to leave the herd. He gestures towards the other mares insinuating the family that he was referring to.

It only takes him a moment to notice few mares that he had never seen before, this too made his head hang heavy, he didn’t even know a few of the members in the herd. How much more than that would it take for them to see that the only thing he couldn’t fail at is disappointment? Just remember, if I hear a single complaint of treatment, I will kick your ass. He didn’t think the other stallion would mistreat them, but still the mares had become a sort of family to him and reminding the other to take care of them wouldn’t harm anyone. Even if he couldn’t fall in love with any of them, he still felt the close bond of friendship, and fatherly care, that drove him to protect them in the best way he knew how. Kicking this guy’s butt wouldn’t be that difficult. He looks for Besra, but he doesn’t see her anywhere. Maybe in another life he could have loved her, one where kingdoms, and duties didn’t consume his soul. One where peace seemed obtainable to him. Yet here he was, once again sacrificing comfort and love for kingdom and duty.

Clarisse’s words hit him in full force pulling him away from those thoughts. He turns to look her in the eyes, You’re an adult now my daughter, you can forge your own path. You don’t need me anymore. He wouldn’t make her stay with this stallion, she was still his daughter. He expected as much from all of them, if they hadn’t fought the decision, then it would have shown him how little he actually knew them. He took comfort in the fact that they made their minds known, and found himself smiling tenderly at this thought. It wasn’t like he had picked the most laid back mares, nor had he picked weaklings that couldn’t take care of themselves. The whole lot of them would be fine, they would find their strength, and life in each other. They had taken care of themselves for the most part in his herd land, they didn’t need him in the past, they wouldn’t need him in the future. Its only then that he turns to go, walking into the trees towards his kingdom, and the work that he had to accomplish there.
    OOC: Blehhh, sorry for the crappiness of the post.

Wolfish

He pushes his way through the tight group looking for his sister. Something is happening, and as much as he wants to find out, taking care of his twin is the first thing to cross his mind. He hears his mother’s cry, and immediately pivots his head to search for her. It takes him a few moments to break through the crowd of sweaty bodies, but when he does he rushes into a canter. Catching up with them he touches Steris’ shoulder reminding her that he is there for her.

Just as he worked through the group he listens to the conversations learning what it is that is happening. Growing up here had not been the most pleasant experience for himself. Respect for his father had run thin a long time ago, and with this action Wolfish couldn’t decide if it had completely disappeared, or if it had established a thin strand of respect for the other’s wisdom in the matter. It mattered little to him what these two did, he was going to be leaving soon anyways. The bay yearling didn’t want to drag his twin around with him to fairies know where, where he wasn’t sure that she would be entirely safe. Yet here he stood, with a decision to make… no there was no decision, there was only one path for him. Steris, come with me. He begs her with his eyes, We can travel, and see the world together.

She had to come, mother wouldn’t take care of her forever. Father would put her in more danger, at the least, or abandon her completely. She needed him, as much as he needed her. He begins to nudge at her before beginning his own trek to the field. Maybe there, they could learn of a place to live together. Away from their father, away from the so called love and faithfulness that didn’t seem to exist in this world. For a moment he glares at the other stallion, such a weakling, such a failure, a horse that didn’t deserve the pining women that chased after him. Well he wouldn’t be sorry to see him go, after all it had been himself, and Besra that had kept the herd safe, far safer than Phaedrus ever could have.

They had very little freedom, but the had a protector.

Helping the other mares get together so they'd be safe from the stallion, as they could all fight back against him if they didn't want to leave. Sirana glimpsed a black mare from the herd running off, and watched her go, hoping that she'd find somewhere safe if she truly didn't want to stay.

If anything, the only reason Sirana was staying with the herd was because these mares had been kind to her, and she wanted to help protect them. Surprisingly enough, the stallion didn't go after the black mare; instead, he did the next thing that must've been on his mind.

The stallion urged for Sirana to return to the herd so that he could return them all to wherever his home was. He continued to herd Sirana, something the champagne filly didn't like. She kicked out with her hind hooves again, but she wasn't aiming to hit the stallion this time. She just wanted to maintain her space, not let him near her.

The filly's gaze went to Phaedrus again, watching the stallion as he left. An angry look blazed in her eyes, realizing what was going on. He just didn't care anymore... he didn't want the responsibility of watching over a herd. Anger flared up; how dare he. Sirana thought of her parents, her siblings, back in the Falls. How would she let them know where she was going?

Maybe her dam would seek out Phaedrus? And hopefully kick his ass for abandoning the mares of his herd?

Whatever the case, Sirana was mad. She returned to the herd in preparation for the trek to the stallion's home, watching over the other mares that still had yet to leave or decide to stick around. While looking them over, she noticed a yearling colt; Wolfish, Steris' twin, if she recalled correctly. She overheard the colt talking about leaving with his sister, to go find a home of their own and escape from the stallion.

Sirana edged her way over, using her larger body to mask the younger ones. Her bright colored coat would stand out; the stallion might spot her, but he'd be focused on her coat, not the darker ones of the colt and filly.

"If you two want to get out of here, get out now, before he sees you..." she whispered, looking at the two younger horses.
    Her sister watched as she disappeared,she was alone in the Dale now.She didn't like the mares of the herd.They would always bully them,about their height and their looks.She trotted in circles,tail up."My sister is gone!"she started crying.What will she do?She laid down under a tree,sliding on to her side.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

The ebony mare was about to wander out of the herd lands as she usually did, but her attention was caught by the busy sounds of others. Her ears perked forward as she leered closer, she was able to detect Phaedrus' scent! Her ears perked forward with joy, she hasn't seen Phaedrus in well over a year, she moved closer but her body was quickly overwhelmed with the scent of another stallion. Why in the world would another stallion be here? The last time a stallion came to the lands he came to collect Besra whom he stole.

As they came in view, most of the herd was already gathered, Phaedrus and another stallion with odd striping along his body. The new stallion was similar in height to Phaedrus, but much thinner than him. She moved closer to hear the others speak, but all she caught was Phaedrus tell the new stallion to take the mares in his herd. Her eyes bursted open with disbelief, she... loved Phaedrus, she stayed around and stood by his side for as long as she could remember. She could not believe that he was just handing over the mares in his herd, to a stallion who he didn't know. 

In that moment her love for Phaedrus quickly grew into hatred, a feeling she didn't know....

She remained silent and listened as the other mares protested, some were quick to find there way out and others looked about frantically. The new stallion did not give a name he just gathered the herd and corralled them to his lands. She gave a snort in protest, her ears were pinned back and she turned to look at Phaedrus one last time I hope this is what you wanted her voice was gentle. She looked to the striped stallion before moving, her ears remained pinned and she followed with her fellow sisters, refusing to abandon them. 

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

OOC: I was planning on abandoning her but maybeeeee ill keep her around for a bit