• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're going to hear me roar; maus

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

She watches and waits as the mare pauses, clearly considering her options. She can nearly see the cogs turning in the mouse grey mare’s head. For a moment she thinks she sees the grey mare’s opinion leaning towards the Valley … but then Maus speaks up, and chooses the Amazons. 

A smile crosses the appaloosa’s face, and she bobs her head in acknowledgement. “I’m glad to hear that.” She turns away to the south, facing the far distant Jungle. They have a long journey ahead of them, and they might as well get started. “Follow me.”

Hours later, when the sun is finally sliding down past the horizon, they finally reach the kingdom’s borders. She pauses at the very edge, letting the mare have a chance to take in the enormity of the place, before diving right into the undergrowth. She refrains from using her abilities to cut through the brush for the moment - she’d picked up on Maus’ uncertainty with the Valley mare’s telepathy. She won’t hide her powers from her newest sister, but she will at least introduce them slowly, when she can figure out how.

It takes longer than usual to reach the centre of kingdom, being that she is working without their abilities, but after sometime fighting through the thick underbrush, they finally make it. They burst out into the central kingdom, and Lexa steps back to let Maus have a full view of the place. She wonders, for a brief moment, what it must be like to look at this place with fresh eyes. She’d been born here, this place is so natural to her - it’s home. But to others … it must be a wild and strange place indeed. She cocks her head to the side, staring at the mouse grey with a faint smile on her face. “Well, here we are. What do you think?”

lexa

@[Maus]
    Sorry for the wait!