• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Was your Idea-{Sirana, Family Members}
    the words she knows the tune she hums

The ebony mare traveled from the Mountain to the Forest, Sirana was not far behind her. It was silent, more or less because Zara had so many thoughts rushing through her mind, she wanted to trust this new stallion but how could she? In fact she had been thinking about the father of Josie, her first foal, she wondered of his whereabouts. Maybe she would run into him now that there was no Kingdoms to offer protection to hide in. She exhaled a sigh and turned to look back at Sirana I heard Archam disappeared she snorted, he stole Besra and shortly after her return Besra vanished as well. But the rumor had it that he was in and out of Beqanna, not really around his family. Are you sure that your mother will be looking for you? surely the herd mare had plenty of other foals to gather.

On the outside her voice was stale, but inside she was frantically looking for Wallace, scanning every area of the ground. She hoped her daughter was okay, she needed to find her, but should she bring her back to Njenyi’s herd? 

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

@[Sirana]
    @[Wallace]

OOC: Toli, only if you plan on playing Wallace<3

She was a fearless sort, the type too confident in her invulnerablilites. Too proud to show weakness before others. So when the earth shuddered and the lands ripped apart, crumbling down into the gaping maw of an abyss, she did not scream. She did not toss about like a spineless ninny. She merely devised an exit strategy and executed the plan accordingly, ignoring the racing beat of her heart.  

Well, of course she was terrified. Who wouldn't be?

She was taller now, just about a yearling, she supposed. And her slender limbs were filling out with a fair bit of grace. The clumsy, awkward filly she had been was swiftly becoming something else. The growth came at an opportune time, as she pushed herself to her limits to race out of danger. All the kingdoms were falling, the earth torn out from beneath them. She heard screams as the frail and feeble fell too, those too weak to take on the challenge.

Onward she flew. Her chest heaved with unladylike gasps, far beyond exhausted but too frightened to slow. Not until she found her mother, she could not stop. The word in the panicked air was that everyone had appeared on a large mountain, their magics relinquished. She had no magic and concluded this must be why she was not also plucked to the safety of this grand mountain.

No matter. She didn't need anyone's help.

She knew no other strategy but to search for her mother. She scanned the meadow first, then the fields, believing Zara would remain in the open. Her worry grew at each failed attempt to find her, and her heart was aching. Surely, Zara had made it out of the quake too. She was a strong woman, a beautiful one. Wallace was proud to call her mother. The elder mare's big, soft heart was a minor flaw. Her only one, though. She supposed she really couldn't fault her on it, as she'd not be her daughter without it. Adopted daughter.

Wallace carried her slate grey body forward, her dark grulla legs moving with precise placement. Searching for the brilliant ebony woman, she moved into the forest, silently wishing she looked more like her mother, just as beautiful. But wishes got one nowhere.

"Mother!" she shouted hopefully. It seemed the only way to find someone in this army of trees. Wallace was doubting more and more that she'd ever find her, that she was even still alive. Her heart broke, and she dashed the cruel thought away. She would find her.

Wallace
    The trip down the mountain was rather quiet, at least, free of pleasant conversation. The only sounds that could be heard were the two horses as they called out for their loved ones, hoping to hear a response. However, every so often, Sirana would give Zaravich a sympathetic glance, knowing that the mare was most likely going through an incredible amount of worrying, much like Anahi might be if she was out looking for her foals.

Then, finally, Zaravich spoke up, mentioning Archam and the rumors of his disappearance. Sirana held in her anger towards her sire, for it was more of a sadness that took over, "I've... heard things, from other horses... I don't want to believe it, but..."

For some reason, in her heart, Sirana knew the worst must've happened to him. As it was, when she'd still been living in the Falls, Archam was hardly ever around the herd. Anahi did most of the looking after them, even while she was raising a foal herself. Sirana and Eiria, despite their young ages, had done their best to contribute when they weren't out training, giving their dam periodic breaks by either watching the herd so she could sleep, or taking care of Nerius and showing him their home land while Anahi took care of the herd.

Sirana thought back on both of her parents. It was obvious they had both cared for each other deeply; it showed in the fact that Archam had made Anahi the lead mare of his herd. The champagne mare and the roan stallion had made a good couple, but even Sirana could tell that her sire had been distancing himself. It didn't seem to bother Anahi much; she might have been used to it.

But if the mare were to find out that Archam had disappeared, during this time, without her children around to support her...

Sirana shook her head; she didn't want to think about that.

Then, Zaravich brought up the champagne mare, asking Sirana if she was sure that her dam was out looking for her. Sirana snorted, glaring at the black mare, "I don't know if she is out looking for me. For all I know, she could be lying down in a ditch somewhere, hurt from all the chaos that happened. Or she could be out looking for me and my siblings. Mother trusts that I can take care of myself, and that same trust is with my little sister. Nerius will probably find his way back on his own. If she's out looking for us right now, she'll want to find her youngest colt first. But to me, all that matters is that I am out looking for her to make sure she is okay."

Sirana turned away and continued calling out for her siblings, "Eiria! Nerius! Aten!" But, like every time before, there had been no response. The mare sighed, depressed that she still had yet to find her family. But then, something happened.

A voice cut through the trees, reaching Sirana's sensitive ears. Someone was calling out, but not for her. The voice had clearly said...

"Mother..." Sirana's eyes lit up; the voice had sounded female, but it wasn't Eiria. The filly always called Anahi by the name 'Mom', or, at times, by her actual name. She never used the word 'Mother', like Sirana did. It wasn't Nerius or Aten, since the voice was clearly that of a filly.

And for some reason, Sirana thought she vaguely recognized it. The filly turned to look at Zaravich, "Listen Zaravich. Do you hear that? Someone's calling out... calling for 'Mother'..."
    He never thought he'd be so relieved to hear a voice. However, it was one that he did not recognize. It did sound vaguely like his dam's, but different enough that he knew it wasn't her. So then, who was it?

The yearling, like many other horses, had woken up after Beqanna's lands had changed. Finding himself atop a mountain, he'd been a little under the weather at first. He was confused as to what exactly had happened, but pushed that thought from his mind when he realized his dam or his siblings weren't nearby.

So he'd started looking for them, resorting to going down the mountain because he thought he glimpsed something down there that looked familiar. When he got to the bottom, he headed for the forest, where he'd seen the glimpse of a light colored coat.

After a while of looking around, he heard a voice; someone was calling for their mother. Aten hurried to investigate, but became disappointed when he saw it wasn't a horse he recognized. Then, he heard another voice, this one he didn't recognize either, but he heard it say his name.

Very clearly... 'Aten...'

The colt raced forward, glimpsing a light colored coat through the trees. He emerged, and for some reason, he felt he recognized the horse. He'd seen his older sister, Eiria, but this mare's coat was lighter in color, and her mane had some red shading.

Which meant that it had to be his other sister... the one his dam had told him about, but who he had yet to meet...

"Sirana?" he asked, his eyes searching for a sign of hope.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Perhaps the words she chose were too harsh, Sirana seemed to care a lot for her family which was more than she could say for her own two blood children. Both off on their own life, careless to the whereabouts of their blood family. But Zara was proud of her children, both were dedicated to the kingdoms they chose to reside in. She briefly glanced at Sirana as she spoke about Archam, she didn’t want to believe the rumors, Zara could understand. She wouldn’t believe rumors if she heard one of her children disappeared.

The pair continue to weave in and around trees getting deeper into the forest, all she could think about was a scared Wallace thinking Zara abandoned her. It wasn’t long until Sirana snapped about her mother, it was then that she knew she was too harsh about her parents. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m sure your mother is looking for you which is more than Zara could say. The voice of another speaking mother ran through her ears, It sounded like a familiar voice but she excused it. It wasn’t until Sirana spoke up that her attention flicked back to the voice, could it be Wallace? That would be way to easy, luck must be on her side. Wallace! she yelled out. She bolted past Sirana looking for the grullo filly, as she ran off she noted a colt who looked similar to Sirana, heading in her direction. A small smile appeared, perhaps it was one of her family members.

It wasn’t long until she ran into her child WALLACE! she screamed out with joy, she nuzzled the filly pulling her in closer to her. Are you okay?! she asked looking the filly over, she wasn’t small anymore, in fact she was almost as tall as Zara. She still worried for her health, I’m sorry I left you, Phaedrus gave our herd away to another stallion. It was hard to be away from Wallace, but she did not want to force her into a life with Njenyi if she did not want that life.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

@[Sirana]
    @[Wallace]

Voices! She could hear them now. She turned toward the sound and heard crashing through the forest. And then her beautiful mother was there, silky black and perfect. And happy to see her, too, as she yelled Wallace's name and barreled into her with glee. Tender touches passed between them, as Zara tucked her in closer. Her heart danced at being reunited with her mother after all that had happened to the world.

Zara asked if she was alright, and apologized for leaving. The black mares eyes scanned her with a mother's precision, taking note of each and every scrape on her weary limbs. Wallace had run so far and long she thought she might collapse at any moment, her legs shaking and sides heaving. She sucked in deep steadying breaths, slowly composing herself.

As soon as her breathing was more stabilized, she noted the other figures with Zara. Cold eyes observed the little colt, dismissing him as harmless. The other, however. Wallace narrowed her eyes and studied her suspiciously. Her ears flicked back in irritation, then returned to their proper place. A pang of envy trickled through her at the girl's shimmering rose colors, like a precious jewel. Her own appearance was quite lacking, with a dull gray and dead blacks. Not to mention her roughened state after all that exertion trying to find Zara. This little pink pixie was picture perfect. What was she after?

Wallace lifted her head higher and though she was still small she seemed to look down on them. Edging closer to her mother possessively, she glared at them.

"Who are these, mom?" And what were they doing with her mother? Zara had Wallace now, she didn't need any other children.

Wallace
    'Sirana'... that was what that voice had said. So, naturally, Sirana had turned around, wanting to see who had called out her name. She was astonished to find it was a young colt with bay coloring, though she could see some patches where it was starting to lighten, signifying he'd have a much lighter coat when he was fully grown.

For some reason, the coloring he was getting reminded Sirana of how Eiria was when she was a filly; how she started out with a bay coat, then it lightened as she grew. Anahi had told Sirana her coat was the same way, and same thing with Nerius-

No, it couldn't be. Sirana gave the colt a long, hard look, analyzing his form. Her eyes met his, and in an instant, she knew. She couldn't mistake those eyes for anyone else; she knew who they belonged to. She may not have met him before she left to go with Phaedrus' former herd, but her dam had made sure to tell her the name choices she had for her newborn beforehoof...

And looking at him now, there was only one possible choice.

"Aten..." she whispered, walking up towards the bay yearling. She hesitated a moment, almost as if unsure; what if he didn't know who she was? But then, why would he have said her name? Ignoring the negative thoughts sweeping in her head, the filly wrapped her neck around her little brother's, a feeling of elation lighting up her darkened heart. She was so glad to see that he was okay; she had no words to express the joy she felt.

When she was done hugging Aten, she stepped back to get a better look at him. She smirked, "You look so much like Nerius right now... I'm glad to see that you're okay..."

She almost felt like she should mention Anahi, but since Aten was here alone, Sirana deduced that he must have not found her yet. She needed to keep him safe until then, so she motioned with her head for him to follow, "Come on. Zaravich and I are out looking for members of our herd. We need to stick together so we do not get lost," she explained. The mare trotted in the direction she'd seen Zaravich go; the same direction she heard the other voice. Glancing back to make sure Aten would follow, Sirana followed the black mare.

The duo arrived in time to hear the last vestiges of the conversation between Zaravich and this other horse in front of her, a young one Sirana vaguely recognized but not so much. When the filly questioned who Zaravich's companions were, Sirana stepped up, getting in front of her little brother, snorting in displeasure.

"I'm Sirana; your dam and I are members of the same herd. We are out looking for the others that got lost during Beqanna's change. This yearling is my little brother; he's out looking for our dam since they got separated," she explained, resisting the urge to give her brother a sorrowful look, since she knew she'd probably hit the nail on the head.