• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not until we are lost do we begin
    YOU NEVER SAW IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, THE CRAFT THAT I PERFECTED GOT REJECTED
    AND THROWN OUT THE WINDOW WITH NO PROPER EXIT.
    I WAS HUMBLE, NOW I'M NOT AS PLEASANT. I'M DROPPING WRECKAGE ON YOUR SHADY DYNASTY.
    BITCH I'M NOT TO MESS WITH.
    She's not sure why she is stepping hoof here, of all the places in Beqanna. But, on the other hand, it was literally the last place for Draconis to go to in search of her mother. The kingdoms were gone, including the Jungle that had been her home since early childhood, and her firebreathing ability had disappeared along with them. The young mare had made her way back down from the mysterious mountain where the apparently entire population had been driven, even more desperate now since a lengthy scouring of the masses had failed to turn up Rhy. The star-blanketed mare had overheard many frightened, conflicting stories about what had happened and how they had all found themselves huddled together on the top of the strange new summit, and is unsure of what to name as true and what to proclaim as falsehood. Whatever, she'll worry about it later, after she has found the ghost-shifting mare.....and wait, what was that up ahead on this tragedy-laden landscape? The scent of fresh blood stings the dark girl's nose, sharp and coppery, bringing even more unease to her brain.

She approaches the fallen form slowly, as if each hoof is being pulled forward by a power not her own, and she is trying but failing to resist it. When she is nearly upon the silent equine, her own heart nearly stops from shock and sadness, for Draconis can see now that her quest has come to an end, successful but, also, equally fruitless. The mare she had come to love and know as her mother would never move nor speak again. She would never hear Rhy's voice again or hear her laugh as she had when they had played together in the days of her foalhood. Tears beginning to flood her eyes, she walks the remaining distance, stretching her head and neck out and down to touch her mother's cheek. Already it is cool to the touch, and she is about to turn away and depart the Beach, when her gaze catches movement. The mare's eyes widen with astonishment when she spots the source: two tiny, newborn foals; her now-orphaned siblings, and she cannot leave them here alone. Draconis presses her muzzle carefully to each wobbly form, taking in their scents. She speaks to them, hoping that they will understand and respond. "Hello, little ones.....Mommy's.....Mommy's gone to sleep, but I'm here to take care of you. I'm your big sister, Draconis. Can you tell me what your names are? "

Messages In This Thread
    not until we are lost do we begin - by Rhy - 09-04-2016, 08:56 PM
    RE: not until we are lost do we begin - by Draconis - 09-10-2016, 09:30 AM
    RE: not until we are lost do we begin - by Naga - 09-17-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: not until we are lost do we begin - by Scorch - 12-31-2016, 04:45 AM