• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the babe with the power {open}

{you remind me of the babe}
    {{X}}Voudou was rather confused by the stag's response.  True, her actions hadn't been typical, but he seemed almost truly disgusted by them, whereas most stallions would be working pretty hard on controlling themselves about now.  What a peculiar beast Jason was.  She did long to just understand him though, clearly he could not be bent out of shape as easily as most.  She swiftly turned her head once again to listen when he spoke, eyes full of curiosity and bewilderment, in the way a small child might stare into the twisting, curling flames of a small fire.  He kept his composure, and acted as if nothing had even happened.

{{X}}And then he proceeded to ask her a question, one that was painfully simple yet something Voudou was completely unwilling to answer.  Frankly, she would give him an answer if she had one, but it was something she had pondered for long hours in the night with no success.  A small frown crawled forth upon her muzzle, and she looked away, focusing intensely on the grass blades in front of her.  What did she want?  Voudou knew what she didn't want.  She didn't want love, she didn't want to be chained down and trapped anywhere or with anyone.  She didn't want to be smothered by the souls who, though their intentions were good, felt everyone always needed company.  But at the same time, deep down she knew that she also didn't want to be alone.  Even just in the last year being alone had gotten very lonely.  It was a different loneliness than what most considered lonely.  It was the type of isolation where you felt as if the whole world was dull and meaningless, as if just being alone was enough stress to make you burst inside.  

{{X}}Before it became uncomfortably silent, she shifted her weight and turned, sliding her head under his powerful neck as she did.  Turning to bump his nose with hers, she asked, "So where was it you said you lived? Or have we not even talked about it yet? The other mare threw me off a bit."  Voudou knew that nothing had thrown her off except his question, but she hoped he would gracefully accept her change of subject and drop it.  Too many creatures were nosy and kept prodding even when the air became tense and uncomfortable.  Frankly, though, Voudou knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if he did prod at her.  He seemed like the type who was caring, not curious and gossipy.  Besides, a part of her liked the attention she got from being different, and, to an extent, broken.  
    tags jason, 441 words.
    notes, _______.

Jason watched the dark mare closely after he requested intimate knowledge of her desires. He could tell that she had fallen into thought, and he looked on with gentle eyes. His facial features had softened, and he allowed Voudou to take as much time as needed. When she frowned and looked away his heart sank for a moment. Although he himself had weighed down the playful tone of their conversation, he had no intentions of hurting or offending the mare. Jason shifted his position to better catch her eyes. He wanted her to focus on him- to focus on his genuine concern for her and what she wanted. Jason had no intention of granting wishes that were never made. He desired to be a sounding board of support especially when he had grown so quickly comfortable with Voudou.

Eventually the silence came to end, but not before the black mare touched him again. This time the shivers wakened him from his deep focus on what she was thinking about. The soft bump on his nose warmed his spirit, placing another soft smile on his lips. He had figured that Voudou wouldn’t answer his question after the long pause in fact she even took the chance to change the topic. Jason would oblige her for now, but he would get his answer one day.

”Well that’s a bit more complicated.” He sighed at the thought of his “home”. Jason always found his home in the arms of his lovers- Heaven’s Gates had been the physical representation of such and that is why he loved it so dearly. Now, though, the Gates felt foreign. ”Recently I’ve been residing in Heaven’s Gates. It would be the kingdom opposite of the aforementioned Chamber. The Gates is known for being good. My beliefs definitely align with theirs.” He paused. Jason definitely believed in protecting all that is good in the world. He believed that it took greater bravery to protect the light than to succumb to the darkness. He believed it took more strength both in character and body to do what was right. ”I’m just not so sure about the current queen. She is very absent. I’ve thought about just branching off on my own and starting a herd. Not so sure…any input from such a clever mare such as yourself would be greatly appreciated.” He replaced his smile with a wayward grin before bumping his nose lightly against Voudou’s neck when he referenced her.
    jason

{{X}}A cool wave of relief washed over Voudou, calming the flurry of butterflies that had come to life in her stomach while waiting for a response.  Voudou didn't like to talk about herself, and though she felt as if Jason was a bit disappointed in her subject changing, she respected him for respecting her privacy.  The sigh following his words told the charcoal mare all she needed to know even before he had finished speaking.  It was one of those heavy sighs that had a tendency to lead into deep thoughts or a flood of memories and confusion.  It was a physical representation of inner confusion, that's what it was.  

{{X}}And there it was; the uncertainty behind his sigh.  He had a home, but to Voudou it sounded as if his home no longer felt like home, especially when he nudged her while referencing starting a new herd and asking her opinion.  

{{X}}"Well I could certainly never live in a place focused on good.  In case you didn't notice, I was too sassy for the Chamber mare."  Her words came off differently than she had intended... it sounded as if she was blowing him off or looking down on his beliefs.  A tiny pause before she continued, "I suppose if you wanted to stick with me you would have to start your own herd, though before you take my advice I must warn you that you would be taking advice from a 3 year old trouble maker who enjoys watching those around me break down and give in to their problems, descending into mental anguish and lifelong pain."  The truth behind those words was painful, but she couldn't deny it.  Every chance she got Voudou was focused on destroying the naive happiness that most carried with them.  She always felt a sick sense of pride when the spark finally left her opponents eyes, and that dullness took over their personalities.  Even now, she knew that as much as she liked Jason so far, the instant she knew him well enough she would likely use any weakness he had against him and then kick him while he was down.  It was just in her nature, perhaps more of a defense mechanism than anything else.  If everyone was broken around her, nobody would notice how empty she had become inside.  

{{X}}Voodoo shook her entire body in an attempt to free herself of the light hairs that had slowly clung to her ebony coat throughout the conversation.  She took pride in her looks and didn't exactly appreciate the contrast of colors that made her look like she was graying with old age already.  Anxiously, she awaited his reaction to her blunt honesty that had been wrapped in sarcasm.  If he truly felt as if they wouldn't get along in the long run, he was probably right and she understood that.  Hell she'd probably end up wandering over to the Chamber and living amongst like-minded equines if he chose to leave right now.  
    tags jason, 499 words.
    notes, _______.

Once Jason had stopped speaking he affectionately examined Voudou. She did look silly with the light blue specks of Jason speckled throughout her dark frame, but it oddly felt appropriate. Voudou was already sticking to him, and he was enjoying the contrast. To the outside world the two horses may have appeared to be complete opposites, but Jason would contest such an accusation. To him Voudou was both beautiful and brilliant in her own way. From the bite she gave to the other mare to the gentle touch she gave Jason Voudou was a complex creature.

Voudou’s words, which broke the pause, couldn’t have been more wrong. Jason’s eyes narrowed as he shook his head portraying his disapproval of her answer. He wasn’t disapproving of her, but rather her belief that she couldn’t live in a place of “good”. Jason knew that his list of sins were definitely longer than hers. She had been “sassy” (her words) to the other mare, but in Jason’s opinion that had been somewhat warranted. He hadn’t liked the tense argumentative behavior between the two, but it’s what happens sometimes. No one was perfect including the blue stallion himself.

The black mare went onto give a basic description of herself. She used words such a troublemaker, problems, pain, and mental anguish all if which upset Jason to some degree. He continued to shake his head slightly as she spoke. ”That is not you.” He murmured quietly. Jason would not believe such a thing. ”Those may be things that you have done…but what you do does not define you.” He went on, his expression softening with every word. ”Being good is more of a goal for me. I’ve done things, things I’m not proud of.” His teeth clenched when he recalled his own betrayal. He had betrayed his great love- his love for Parvati, Heaven’s Gates, and his son, Julian- all at once. That’s what drew him away in the first place.

”But if somehow I am wrong about you. It doesn’t matter.” He continued ”I wish for you to come with me. I want you in my life- I want to know more.” He place his nose to her cheek and exhaled his warm breath into her dark hair, pressing more blue hairs back onto her face that she had just cleaned. ”So where do you want to go? I can get us a herd..or we can travel to the neutral kingdom, or perhaps the light mythicals. The Gates are still open, and due to the absence of everyone we can make it what we want.” Jason’s ties were just as free as hers, and he knew they would make a home wherever they went.

jason

{{X}}Jason was visibly upset by her words.  His eyes had narrowed slightly and a concerned look filled his expression.  Well now that she f*cked that up she immediately made plans in her head to leave, and even got so far as shifting her weight and beginning to turn away when he spoke. Voudou didn't look at him as he continued, instead opting simply to gaze blankly at the horizon while she took in his words between deep, controlled breaths.  She listened, she listened very carefully.  When he reached out and touched her cheek a small shiver ran down her body, but still the young mare refused to look at him.  For his sake, Voudou hoped he wouldn't trust her too much.  Deep down she knew she wasn't like him.  Not a single part of her, no matter how small, longed to be "good".  She wasn't helpful, or humble, and her actions were always selfish, putting her own wishes in front of anything else, even the very life of another equine.  

{{X}}The instant Voudou was sure he was done speaking she turned her head to face him again, "Well you know the area much better than I do, and my vote is to head wherever the least amount of others lurk.  I don't need more than one friend at a time, and I certainly don't need to run into any more mares today."  She did not understand him, and she was not entirely sure she even liked him.  After all, Voudou didn't trust a man that went with his emotions before his physical desires, it wasn't natural and she didn't like that he was not easily swayed.  Her eyes scanned his body once more, as if she had yet to even look at him.  His eyes were captivating and caring, his muscular frame looked as if it were carved out of smooth, tinted marble.  

{{X}}A small grin planted itself in her expression as she leaned towards his ear, once again taking on the seductive tone she had possessed just a few minutes ago.  "We could always take a detour over to the meadow and blow off some steam."  Though it was much clearer this time that she was joking, her words much less vulgar and trashy than before, Voudou still sort of hoped it would make him even the teeniest tiniest bit uncomfortable.  
    tags jason, 393 words.
    notes, _______.

Jason didn’t like that Voudou wouldn’t look directly at him. Her eyes steadily watched the blank space between them. It took everything in Jason to not place his nose beneath her chin and lift her gaze. He wished to convey his belief that she could be whatever she wished to be. She could even become what Jason hoped for. He didn’t desire to change her and place her on a pedestal. He didn’t want a mare to blindly follow orders or bare children. Jason simply believed that the mare could become much more than she ever though. She could still be the mischievous one, the one who brought excitement to the land. She could be that alongside being a good friend, lover, and enchantress.

Finally Voudou turned and faced Jason, and he met her eyes with his own tender ones. She offered the choice of where to go to Jason with one simple caveat, which was that they were to go somewhere quiet. It was after this stipulation that Voudou referred to Jason as her one friend (or so he hoped she was talking about him). Jason’s eyes brightened at the notion for he certainly considered her to be more than just an acquaintance.

Jason did not miss the once over. He watched her as she examined him once more and as she did so he straightened up and lifted his head to better show off his features. Jason was strong, well toned, but hidden beneath was an unyielding spirit. Soon Voudou edged closer to him and he stayed still as her gentle breath blew into his ears. The warmth of her voice wove through his mane and she whispered once more about the meadow. Jason lightly laughed to himself and drew his head away from her before swaying it back to press his lips to her forehead. Once against her he inhaled her scent and then stepped back. ”Don’t tempt me, I may just take you up on that offer.” He joked- though with the full knowledge that one day he may want to actually fulfill her request. Of course that was only if their friendship developed significantly more.

”Well I think the Gates may actually be a good fit. They need someone to pull the sticks out of their ass and add a bit of excitement.” He grinned ”And I would happily like to join you in such a quest. Plus it’s quiet there….and if it doesn’t fit we can leave.” Jason knew that there was no requirement to be “good” to live within the Gates. He also knew that Voudou could easily handle her own if the current members were too rattled by her. Either way she had him and his loyalty and there wasn’t much she could do to change that.
    jason

{{X}}Voudou like this guy, but not in any sort of romantic way. Really, Voudou had never felt anything for any boy ever, not even silly childhood crush. The fact that she didn't hate him though made their interaction pretty unique. It had been a long time since she had met anyone she didn't hate right off the bat.

{{X}}She couldn't help but chuckle at his response to her whispers, though inside the mare was frustrated that she couldn't find a single button to push on this guy. Nobody was perfect, or invincible, he must have a weakness somewhere. The trouble was finding it. Clearly sex wasn't his weakness like most stallions, maybe a distant, dark memory? Or perhaps he was just a bit too trusting, he was, after all, hanging out with Voudou of his own volition. Whatever it was, Voudou wanted to find it, the dark creature that lived inside her screamed out of lust and hunger, eager to take down the seemingly innocent soul. And this hunger, well it screamed much louder than the soft voice telling her that he was a good guy, and didn't deserve any of what she was planning.

{{X}}He finished his thoughts, suggesting they both head to the Gates. Ah the hell with it, did she have anything to lose? Before she spoke, the vixen stretched, cat-like, towards the ground, with her front legs pushed far in front of her. A small groan escaped her throat as she pulled herself back up. "I'm good at excitement, and I do enjoy the quiet. Gives me time to think, ya know? Most of the time my thoughts are all I have, I figure its best to stay on good terms with them lest they turn on me." Her eyes met his again, but they weren't as bright and mischievous as they were earlier, for whatever reason. "Now, I would start walking but I honestly have no fucking clue where we are headed. I'm a wanderer with a poor sense of direction, how does that even happen?"

{{X}}Voudou hopped up a little bit into a brief half-rear. They had been standing around for far too long, she almost felt like going for a run.
    tags jason, 368 words.
    notes, _______.

After making his suggestion Jason watched with head cocked at Voudou’s stretching techniques. The bending and twisting of her back looked more painful than pleasurable. The blue stallion was not nearly as flexible- he thought to himself that if he had done the same move he might have needed to be carried out of the field. Thankfully Voudou seemed perfectly fine when she rose; in fact she looked as ready as ever to make her way from their small conversation patch.

Jason bobbed his head as she spoke, he agreed with her assessment. He too liked the quiet, but at times his thoughts felt too consuming and thus it was best for him to have friends to go to. For the last several years Jason had way too much time inside his head. He may have managed to sort through the boxes and rearrange the furniture, but it was clear to anyone inside his brain that he was a fervent hoarder. Jason was glad to hear that Voudou didn’t have an interest in drawing quarrels with the other Gates members. He was sure that might change especially since he had developed some significant issues with the royal family. Their desertion of his home was going without reprimand. Jason had once betrayed the Gates for the sake of its survival, and he promised he wouldn’t ever do it again. Though now he was beginning to feel the same desire as before bubbling inside him.

”Well you wouldn’t be much of a wanderer if you had a good sense of direction.” He joked, nudging his nose against her side. ”Follow me, my dear Voudou.” He stepped forward so that he was just a hair in front and then he broke out in a brisk run. It felt wonderful to stretch out his legs as they galloped across the flat terrain of the field. Every few feet he glanced back at Voudou (though he suspected she would be by his side most of the journey).

Once the two had reached the outskirts of the Gates Jason skidded to a stop. His breaths had turned heavy with exasperation. Beads of sweat rolled down the side of his forehead. ”Damn….” He said breathlessly. ”I am ooouutaa shape.” He took a deep breath in and exhaled quickly. ”So this is it.” He motioned toward the wooded forest before them. The Gates was a kingdom filled with towering trees, babbling brooks, and cool shaded spots. In the center sat the mother tree, the essence of the kingdom, it rose out of the ground and brought life to the light kingdom- nothing could destroy its aged legacy.

”So Voudou….you said you were too evil for this place, think lightening’s gonna strike your behind as soon as you cross its borders?” He grinned.

OOC: Also posted this in the Gates for replies Smile
    jason