• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  A Petition for Your Mercy

The hike to the mountain seemed to take forever. It reeked of terrible memories. It was on the mountain that horses had been thrown from their homes and separated from their families. The mountain also was the home of the faeries, and it was them who Sahm and Newton sought an audience with. The lower lands of Beqanna were no long saturated with magic. Sahm and Newton believed that they were both good stewards of their gifts. They had never mishandled them nor did they take them for granted. Sahm cherished the magic he had. It was the essence of his father who he missed so dearly. Newton cherished his trait. It was the ice within him that confirmed his patronage. Both stallions came, huddled together to petition for the faeries mercy.

”Please great Faeries. We have come to ask for our magic back. We will use it wisely. We have learned that no great gift comes without responsibility. We have spoken to many of your inhabitants, and we have a great love for each of them and their suffering. Although you rightfully took what was yours we humbly ask that we could be stewards of your gifts. We wish to spread the message of your grace and mercy to all of Beqanna." Sahm was the first to speak.

"Your gifts have meant so much to me. The ice that I can turn into shows the connection that I have to my parents. It shows how you and your magic has intertwined itself it my very being. How my family exists because of your generosity." Newton said.

"And the magic my family once had flowed through my father and then in me. It is a bond I share with him. We are all Beqanna. You have blessed us, and we humbly ask for that blessing once more."

Sahm & Newton:
    Mountain: Waking Up = 2 points
    Mountain: Tiphon, Offspring = 3 points
    Meadow: Epithet, Gunsynd = 3 points, Recruited Epithet = 5 points for Sahm
    Meadow: Ellyse = 1 point
    Forest: Wrynn = 1 point
    Meadow: Offspring, etc = 2 points, joined Offspring’s team = 3 points
    Forest: Aranea = 3 points
    Meadow: Magnus, Longear, etc = 2 points
    Meadow: Oricle = 1 point
    Forest: Strangelet = 1 point
    Playground: Any = 1 point
    Field: Any = 1 point
    Meadow: Victra = 1 point

Sprite Pixels = 10 points to be added to Sahm, 7 to Newton

Total Sahm: 40
    Total Newton: 32 (FYI 10 of these points are going toward Team Offspring land)

Sahm would like his magic (4 space trait)
    Newton would like his ice mimicry (2 space trait)

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

They learn quickly, if nothing else, when everything is taken away from them. But will they remember the lesson? That is the part she cannot be sure about, the part she wonders about as they rush and race to regain what they believe is theirs.

These two, at least, calls themselves stewards. They remember not to take her gift for granted. "No, I am Beqanna. You are my children, and I love you all as such, but you are not Beqanna herself. It would do you well to remember that."

It is a warning, but not a declination of their petition. Their magic and ice flows back into their veins, and so hopes, this time, they will remember this respect.

Granted
    New Point Total:
    Total Sahm: 0
    Total Newton: 2 (10 reserved for use on Offspring's team)