• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Design the faeries contest! (EXTENDED!)
    It had become too much for Beqanna Fairy to manage on her own. There had been other fairies once, but she’d given them a vacation. Well deserved, after so many years of tireless work. But the Beqanna Fairy herself was growing tired, and it was time for her friends and her helpers to return.

But it is a new world, and they need new faces.

Design the fairies contest! We miss the fairies, and we bet you do too. This time though, you get to design them!

The winning design for each fairy will be picked by the owner/officer that will be using that fairy. This is entirely subjective to what we like, which could range from wanting pretty things to amusing things. It’s like to Apples to Apples, you gotta know your judge.

Winners will earn 5 points for each design that’s chosen. You can enter as many times as you want, with designs for one fairy, multiple designs for one fairy, designs for multiple fairies, all the fairies, etc. etc. Basically, there are no limits on your entries. If you win, you just need to let us know what horse to assign the points to.  Entries are worth 1 point each for each officer you create a fairy for, with a maximum of 6 points earned for entries. e.g. if you make a design for all 6 owners/officers, you can earn up to 6 points. If you make 6 designs for just one owner/officer, you can earn 1 point.

Colored references do not need to be anything fancy (aka if all you have is paint, that’s totally fine). You can use the lineart found here http://www.deviantart.com/art/39-Free-Pe...-553298967 or find your own lineart (though please make sure the rules allow for us to use the lines on Beqanna and you MUST give proper credit, including a link). If you want to draw your own, that's totally cool too.

You have until September 14th to post your designs. We won’t look at this until September 15th, so just make sure you post before it’s September 15th on the east coast of the USA (Eastern Standard Time).

Kahzie
    1. Name the fairy
    2. Color a reference, and it must somehow include the chevron pattern

Leah
    1. Name: Freaking Awesome Fairy. Or, you may come up with your own name because Leah was 11 when she made the Freaking Awesome Fairy
    2. Color a reference. The Freaking Awesome Fairy is bright light blue.

Kyra
    1. Name the Fairy
    2. Color a reference, and make it awesome (aka Kyra has absolutely no idea what she wants)

Dianna
    1. Name: The Silver Fairy
    2. Color a reference. Possibly it should have some silver

Cassi
    1. Name: The Krav Fairy
    2. Color a reference. It should be badass.

Kortnee
    1. Name the Fairy
    2. Color a reference, and make it worthy.

SEPTEMBER 13TH UPDATE

The deadline for entries is being extended until September 21st, so you have another week to make pretty designs.

In addition, if you'd like to draw a reference of the BQ Fairy, you can do that one as well. It should be based on the current photo of her, but also have fun with it.

Lastly, we will add an HTML making quest as a follow-up to this, once the fairies design's have been chosen.
    I present to you, THE FREAKING AWESOME FAIRY....or Auzura xD
    I shall enter more soon xD Leah, I hope you like her sassiness!!!

Bright light blue base, cream yellow markings, and a bit of sunset pink ombre on the markings and insides of wings!! A crown, jewelry, and lots of glitter top it all off~!!!!
    Although I am not sure If I'll be joining this or not I do volunteer to make pixels of all the faeries with the winning design color scheme!

Anneliese - Pothos
    Names -

Kyra - The Cupcake Fairy

That's all I got. Art is not my thing.
    Lagertha & Wessex
    [Image: HU9mk4v.png]
    The Silver Fairy
    (click her to go to DA page and see her full size/credits for pose... because I'm way too nooby to not have to draw from a referecnce)

- she has glimmery/glittery hooves, as well as a glimmey/glittery stripe on both sides down near her belly
    - she's got a wicked tailbun
    - stripes AND polkadots
    - bird wings
    @[Cassi] - You wanted Badass....I believe she is pretty damned badass....

The Krav Fairy || There are those who give...and those who take away. She is one of those who takes away. Behold...the one who aids in causing natural disasters and other assorted destructive actions. Though she aids in the birth of the children of Beqanna and loves them all, she cares deeply for them. But there are times when those beloved children of Beqanna must be reminded that they have been blessed with privileges, and when they take them for granted...well...you do the math.

A deep red base coat, shiny and sleek. Black stripes adorn her body and legs as well as a thick black ruff of mane around her neck. She also has tufts of black hair along the back of each leg. Her hooves are cloven and her two horns are sharp. She also has a long whip-like tail with some black stripes in the middle.  Her eyes are a slit pupiled,bright toxic green that crackle and glow constantly, a reminder of how powerful she is and how destructive she can become. Her hooves also emit this crackling green glow. Her wings are those of a dragons, strong and papery....the inner wing is green (along with her insides...see nostrils) and the outsides are the same deep red as her body, with some striping as well. She wears gold rings on her horns and a circlet upon her brow with a green gemstone in the middle.
    For Kyra:

The Mysteria Wisteria Fairy. Or just the Wisteria Fairy. Or whatever sounds good because I suck at naming, lol

She has a wisteria flower mane and tail with lovely glittery swirling markings decorating her legs and neck and glittery purple hooves.

For Kahzie:

The Mischievous Fairy: steel blue with the palest of blue whorls and darker blue-gray points, navy blue chevron primal markings on her legs and wings, and a glossy white mane and tail.

so.. its rough but i'm so sick of staring at it Tongue
    @[Dianna]'s or pass it on to any of these other fine ladies if you dont want it Smile
    [Image: 14CrfYO.png]
    tentatively named The Hero(ic) Fairy for Kortnee!!

- she had red eyes
    - wears golden head armour, intricately designed with symbols similar to viking/celtic knotting
    - she has a snake tattoo winding up her right front leg (...see what I did there Kortnee.... because... you know... medicalness)
    - she had cream/blond hair
    - took me literally hours, most of which was spent on her colour design, and I may still redo lol
    - she has slightly tatterd dragon with with moo-cow markings
    - she is, as you can see, a fit, warrior bad ass