• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Your arms around me come undone; Akhil
    i swore that i'd never let you back in
    In the very distance, or so what seems to give the impression, the birds are singing their sweet morning melody. The presence of dawn is arising. Sunlight is just beginning to light up the horizon. It is a slow pace, making its way above the treeline of the forest that borders one side of the meadow, but so far it looks to be a warm and promising day.

She yawns absentmindedly, watching the rise of the sun with hazelnut eyes. It feels like she has been asleep for a thousand years, and in truth, it likely has been that. She does not recall the last time she has been in Beqanna, but it had been enough for her to feel the memories of her birthplace slipping away. However, that was one of the defects of being an immortal soul. She is not an old soul though, at least compared to those that have been gifted (or cursed, it depended on who you spoke to) with immortality.

But something had changed her.

When she came back to Beqanna, the world had pulled at her body—it felt like she was being torn apart, like her limbs were not hers to move anymore. Her life slowly began to be pulled away from her, uncoiling the energy from her body and all things that had made her still feel so young. And along with that went with her beautifully, sharpen horn. All she had left was a pair of wings (thankfully, she had thought once her transition had occurred).

While the transition had been unexpected, and rather painful, she is left uncertain of what to think of it. Beqanna had indeed change, but to what extent she has no idea. It is only here, in the meadow, this morning that she tries to figure it out, awaiting patiently for someone (anyone) to inform her of what has happened here. It is with an open mind, and deep wishing, that she hopes to find it has not changed much.

Then again, anything was possible in Beqanna. 
    html © shelbi | character info: here

@[Leah]
    AKHIL
    It’s a frightening feeling: aging.
    He hadn’t noticed it at first. After the Reckoning, he had felt normal. He still had his wings, still moved quickly and with a sharp awareness. Nothing changed except the land -- he had seen in change before, and though his heart burned for the Deserts, he knew it would change again. Beqanna existed in cycles, after all.
    And then one morning, he was stiff waking up. His knees popped as he stretched and it took him almost an hour of walking around aimlessly before he felt back to normal. It only worsened by the day -- he grew tired and slow, more reliant on his wings for transportation if he could even muster up the energy to go anywhere. In all of his nearly hundred and fifty years being alive, he had never felt this way. He tried not to think of it, as overbearing and uncomfortable as the pain was.

The meadow is the easiest place for Akhil to stay. There are always others around, and though they generally leave him alone, their presence at least makes him feel like he’s being social. Occasionally, on a good day, he retreats back to Epithet and Leona, but eventually he is pulled back to the Meadow. It is one of the few places that is familiar, that is the same as Before.
    He sees her, then.
    She is striking -- a mix of white and pale gold spots and brown stripes. He is attracted to her -- not in the physical way but in a way that he could sense, even with the loss of his mind reading, that they were similar. He felt as though they had both seen so much, experienced more of life than any one should and were now being punished for it in some way.
    It’s going to be alright, he wanted to say as he approached her, to reassure her or maybe to reassure himself, but instead he says only: “Hello. I’m Akhil.”
    sit back and watch the world go by.
    image @ vee swan wallhd4.com

please kill me I don't even know what this is