• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when you speak dreams and reality collide
    PHAEDRUS
    He couldn’t say that he missed his ability, couldn’t really say that he was glad it was gone either. His wings, the most important thing to him, were there, and that is really all that matters to him at the moment ability wise. With all the magicless horses running around Phaedrus was content in depending on his experience alone. Ea had given him a position, a charge so to speak. To say he is nervous about it is like saying the sun is bright. He is more than nervous, and more than grateful for the honor she gives him. With his constant brooding, this gives him plenty to fret about. Would he fail them? Did he earn their respect? How would Zaravich feel if she came back to the Dale and saw that he was now a leader? Would she understand then why he had to turn his back on the herd? Could she comprehend why the burden of kingdom and home had become to much for him? He isn’t old, old, but he is old enough to understand that slowing down would be a good idea, before he broke and could do nothing for anyone.

The best thing he could do is bring them back to the Dale, if they were a part of the Dale, if they allowed themselves to become a part of his family there, then he could be what they wanted. But why had he not thought of this before?! Why does he always need to be such an ass as to not think up the simplest of solutions. His ears perk up puzzling for a moment. Another voice joins the first and he frowns shifting uneasily, wondering if approaching is such a good idea. Heck why not? Maybe it was one of his, he was looking for them all anyways. Hello, I’m Phaedrus He takes a step closer. His new cobalt blue wings flutter at his sides. Nodding to Cammie, was it? He hopes it’s enough to assure them both that he meant no harm. If you are cold I have these wings that might help solve that problem. Stepping on toes is not his thing, and he doesn’t plan to start now, What is your name? She looked nothing like him, didn’t have his scent, but still his soul longed to know that his own was safe. Maybe she too had someone looking for her, hoping, like him, that someone was watching over her to make sure that she survived the terror of the shifting world.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when you speak dreams and reality collide - by Phaedrus - 09-13-2016, 05:49 PM