• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Ruan
    Her little eyes sparkled like polished garnet as they looked up to him, and when she touched her muzzle to his lightly, he returned the affection, gently brushing away her tears. "Always?" she questioned, and he slowly nodded in confirmation. He'd been glad to hear she didn't want to leave Taiga, and their new family, and he selfishly hoped it would stay that way.

His change in topics seemed to pull her away from her troubles, and he smiled warmly. He watched shy excitement play on her sweet face and enjoyed every moment they were spending together. Some day, he would take her to the meadow to run about and play, maybe meet a friend. The playground was a safe place for such things, but he didn't want to leave her side. So the meadow it would be, where he could always be in sight if she needed him, could be there to protect her and enjoy her happiness.

He chuckled at her description of Reagan's fire fairies. He could already imagine Jinju wishing to learn how to do that first and foremost. "I'm just afraid to disappoint her," she admitted. He tightened his wing around her briefly again and tapped her nose comfortingly.

"That could never happen," he assured her confidently. "Reagan and I are already so proud of you. And you're only going to grow stronger and stronger."

Reagan would teach her magic, and he'd teach her all he'd learned from his time with the wolves, running with the pack. One day, maybe he'd teach her to defend herself without magic, should she ever be unable to wield it or come across someone immune to her fire. He hoped that never happened; like any protective father  -uncle -, he just wanted her to be safe and happy.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Ruan - 09-12-2016, 09:04 PM