• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Ruan
    Ruan smiled down at her as she captured his attention. She asked about being special, and he knew this was how Reagan had introduced her to their magic.

"Are you also special?"
    His eyes darken at her innocent question, but his smile remained. When he could reach for his magic, his eyes had not been so deep blue, and instead were bright as if lit from within by the icey power. Without that link, they had dulled naturally.

"Yes," he says a little reluctantly. "As you have power over fire, I have the magic of ice. And when it returns, these wings will be removed."

When he'd been planted upon the mountain by the great Mother Fairy, he'd denied any temporary appeasement by way of horn or wings, swearing he would not return for his ice until every last soul had redeemed the magic she relinquished from them. Perhaps in some sort of mocking joke of hers, he'd left there with wings regardless of his wishes. She'd thrust them upon him with a tinkling laugh and a promise that he would need them.

He wouldn't deny they'd been of great assistance in finding Reagan after that moment, and in finding his.. in finding Kilter. They were swift and somehow beautiful, yet large and unwieldy. He almost thought he might miss them when they were gone, which he'd never admit to the Fairy.

He sighed quietly and pulled himself out of his dark thoughts. "We can stay here for the night if you like. Reagan can always sense where we are when she chooses to." He nuzzled the dark filly with more gentle affection. "Perhaps after sunrise I could take you out for the day. Maybe the common forest? Or the meadow? If you like.."

If he were to break that vow to the Fairy, and redeem his magic sooner than he had planned, it would be solely to protect his little filly. When thinking of her finding any kind of danger, he felt naked knowing he would not be able to use his ice to keep her safe. He wasn't one to break promises, of any kind, but for her Ruan felt he may do so.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Ruan - 09-14-2016, 07:49 AM