• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's got nothing left to lose

good gone girl,
    she’s got nothing left to lose

She can’t help but be amused, watching the two children interact. There are few children in the outerlands, and so far Rowyn has had no opportunities to meet anyone her own age. It’s bringing out parts of her daughter’s personality that she hasn’t seen before. Like vanity. She’ll have to keep an eye on that one.

As little Rune compliments her wings, Rowyn stretches them out even farther, pulling them out to their full length. They’re still small yet of course, because of her age, but compared to her spindly foal’s body they do look impressive. “Yup, I got them from Mom.” She flicks her head back towards Darking, whose wings are tucked tightly into her sides. “It’s awesome!” Her wings droop momentarily, and she tucks them back into her sides. “But I’m not very good at it yet. Some of my flight feathers still need to grow in.” She adds in a slightly lower tone, clearly not really wanting to admit to it. Rune shifts gears however and Rowyn latches on to the change in subject. How does your mom come along after you already have your eyes? I got my eyes when I was growing in Mom’s tummy.”

Darking takes the mention of his mother as an opportunity to step in. “Where is your mother Rune? She might be worried if you’re out here all by yourself.” The boy continues rambling, and Darking’s ears perk at the mention of sand. “Are you from the Desert? Do you need help getting back?” It’s been a long, long time since she last visited that sandy kingdom, but she’s never forgotten the way.

Rowyn on the other hand, is far more interesting in his ‘zap things’ comment. “What do you mean, ‘zap things?’ How do you do that?” Rune’s attention has returned to her wings however, and the black filly welcomes the attention. “They are soft! You can touch them if you like.” She stretches them out so that Rune can get a closer look. “And they’re not the only thing I’ve got. I can read minds too!”

Darking cringes as she senses her daughter sending out another mental probe towards the boy. “Rowyn! That’s enough!” Sighing, she turns back to the blue-grey stallion, who suddenly seems a little unsure of what he’s doing. “Well, I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for at this point. But a nice place to raise my daughter is what I need.” She smiles. “I’m Darking, and if you haven’t guessed it already, this is my daughter Rowyn.”

DARKING

Messages In This Thread
    she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM