• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's got nothing left to lose
    Rune snorted at the sky-man’s description of sand as a nuisance, nodding his head vigorously.  “It gets everywhere!” he agreed with dismay.  His attention was very quickly recaptured by Rowyn, though, as she told him more about flying with her pretty, shiny, soft-looking wings.  “Oh, I bet you’ll get way better at it even than you already are, once the rest of your feathers grow in!  Then you can swoooop and dive and dance in the clouds!”

His delight was quickly erased by confusion and disgust though, when she mentioned growing in her mom’s tummy.  “What?!  Ew, did she eat you?  Gross!”  He shot a wary look at Miss Rowyn’s-Mom, sidestepping behind his friend in case the bigger lady did eat foals, because he did not want to be next on the menu.  Oh wait, except she was okay.  He cocked his head at Rowyn, glanced between her and her mom with horrified fascination.  “My mom found me after the storm-man set me down, so I already had eyes.  And yeah, Mom’s from the Deserts, and I think she’s at home still, maybe?  It was too shocky and the sand was sticking to my most of me, and I sort of just…ended up here?  I think I could probably find back though, maybe.  I prob’ly left enough sand behind that I could just follow my trail back.”

Rune’s storm-grey eyes lit up when Rowyn said he could touch her wings, and all mention of sand and deserts and moms was immediately gone as he reached out his nose to touch the soft feathers that let her soar high up in the air.  “Ooooooh, they are soft!  I was right!  Oh, and I dunno, dry air and scratching makes the lightning build up on my skin ‘til it crackles and zaps stuff.  Well that and if I’m mad or excited or whatever, and it makes my hair all sticky-uppy too.  How d’you read minds—oh! Is that the tickly feeling in my head?”

A flick of his ears as the tickling feeling came back had him catching the bit Miss Rowyn’s-Mom was saying about needing a home, and he perked up.  “You could come live in the desert with me and my mom and my sister, Miss Darking, ma’am!  I mean, if you don’t mind sand.”  Then he could play with his Rowyn-friend all the time, and he bet Ellie would like her too!  “I bet you could come too if you wanted, Mister Sky-Man.  We could all play together!”

Messages In This Thread
    she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM