• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus)

I want to walk with you on a cloudy day
    In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
    If only it could be that easy. If they could simply decide to step back in time to race among the jungle vines and chase the setting sun. If only...

But the realist in her barked - what then?

Would she sacrifice the good memories that she had only to be free of the bad? If given the choice could she erase dozens of years and go back to those simple days? Oh her heart ached to say yes while at the same time knew it was a foolish notion.

There was too much good scattered within the bad. Too many moments and names and sights and smells. Too many things that she would miss, even if it meant she could run forever young and free and naive.

The sparrow sighed, tucked her wings, and dove back to the cold, hard earth.

"I know too well those cold hands," and she shivered instinctively even as she looked up to him, "I am sorry that you knew them as well." Hybris would have taken on a thousand pains and sorrows if she could only ease his. She knew little of the world, remembered little of her time before Sage, and clung desperately to what stuck out.

Life, yes, it was different. A thousand miles from where she had thought it would go, where she had hoped it would go. In the dusty corners of her mind a tv flickered to life and on it played the life she had once imagined when things were simple and easy. A life with him.

Again her gaze sought his, briefly, before it fluttered away, fickle. In silence her head lowered and her forehead sought to push against his chest, a solid touch, a warm touch. Her words were spoken clearly despite the position and she knew that he would hear them. "There are many things I wish I could change, but that is a fool's wish, isn't it? What more can we do but push on, survive, make the best of where we are now. Of who we have become."

But who was that?

Who had he become?

Who had she?

Come away with me, in the night
    Come away and I will write you a song

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus) - by Hybris - 11-15-2016, 02:46 AM