• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus)

I want to walk with you on a cloudy day
    In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high

It was good to hear him laugh, to see him smile, however fleetingly and empty it may seem. It was hard to remember emotions of joy when so much sorrow had existed in its wake.

Hybris chuckled, too. "Well I think if we could show respect to OUR elders back then, surely we wouldn't be too hard on ourselves. At least, I'd like to hope." They weren't really that much of a mess, were they?

The ivory sparrow tilted her head and studied him as if she might be able to see him through eyes that were decades younger. "I still would have been your friend." These words spoken after a moment with a smile and a nod, earthy eyes crinkling with the kind of mirth that had once been the only thing to exist between them.

"Twinge was incredible," she breathed and her voice held reverence even now, decades later. Strong and brave, the mare had been the type that Hybris had once aspired to be. A much quieter life she sought, now, but she remembered..

They walked and he spoke of a new home, a new beginning. Hybris picked up on the touch of fondness and wondered what it would be like to live beside him again. It would not be the jungles they had grown up it - it never could be that - but it could be something. "I cannot help but feel a pull back to my sisters," she spoke honestly, frankly, but nosed his shoulder and kept pace, "but I will visit. Now that I've found you again I will not be so easy to shake." Teasing words as her nose turned to teeth and she bestowed a playful nip upon that shoulder. In a flash she broke in to a trot and urged him along with a snort as she sought to recapture some of the playfulness and innocence of their youth.

Come away with me, in the night
    Come away and I will write you a song

@[magnus] @[Laura]
    PLEASE forgive my long absence <3 <3 It's been a heck of a month!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus) - by Hybris - 01-02-2017, 11:20 PM