• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the questions
    sooooo....

when breeding do we list the horses with their traits as we normally would and then the baby would have to earn back their expressed traits or is this to be done another way?

how does this work, in case..you know...Weira has babies to pawn on people
    [Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB
    Yup! You'll list traits as you normally would, and inheritance will still work in the same way. The foal will just have to earn the use of the expressed traits.
    @[Kyra] Would we include traits that haven't been earned back in breeding genetics still?
    Yep! trait genetics are the same regardless of what 'stage' the horse is at in regaining their trait(s).
    Thanks @[Cassi]! What if a character decides to not earn a trait back? I'm not planning on breeding Lauchlan for a long time, but I don't really think he's going to want his pooping-linked spider shifting back unless it's forced on him, lolol (which is a pity, because I want it back because angst, but there's no way he'd beg a fairy for that back hahaha).

Edit: Wow just realized how horribly worded that was. Basically, what I meant was, if a character has decided not to earn a trait back, is that still included in genetics?
    Two ways:
    1. They don't have to earn it back, or redeem their points, if they don't want to, you can just wait until the change ends

2. You can play your character as not 'knowing' how to get the trait restored, then simply petition OOC if you would like the trait back, and you can just play like "oh crap it's back." This is what I'm doing with several of mine, because contagion h a t e s his glass, lol
    ... I did not realize you could ooc petition for a trait back. This could be fun. *ribs hands together evilly* Big Grin
    From the version 18 FAQ:
    I have to write an IC post every time I petition the Beqanna Fairy for traits?
    In order to petition the Fairy for your traits you may: a.) Post IC, humbly asking the Beqanna Fairy to restore your trait(s) b.) Post OOC, with a note on which character is petitioning and for what or c.) Post IC, but your character is demanding traits rather than asking nicely. Please be aware that while this method will get you your traits back, the Beqanna Fairy may take offense and may *temporarily* alter your trait to become more painful, sporadic, or otherwise changed. All posts, IC or OOC, must include links to points and a summary of trait(s) needing to be restored.

so there's several ways depending on your character/what you want to do to your character
    I have no idea how I missed that, but that's great! I don't think I have any other characters who dislike their trait quite as much as Lauchlan, but I do have others that might like their temporary traits more, or who don't care enough to try and earn their traits back, so this helps to work around that. Thanks Cassi! Smile And sorry Call for taking over your thread, lol.