• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any)
    The young mare inhaled deeply, the sweet air of the meadow filling her lungs. She loved flowers, loved the smell of the earth. She leaned down to examine a blue flower, her warm breath causing it to sway slightly before the wind caught it. She shook her head before moving to another flower. They were all so new! There was nothing like this where she was from! Her heart fluttered suddenly at the thought. Everything here would be new. Dull pain, loneliness, settled in where the excitement had been. She missed her family dearly but she was here. She knew this day would come and here she was. Silver Heart lifted her head, drawing in the sights. Yes, loneliness was painful but pain was a reminder of life.

The wind caught her wings, ruffling her feathers and snapping her out of her thoughts. She stretched her wings wide, letting the wind catch her, lifting her up for a moment before dropping her again. She threw her head back with a laugh before jumping up, letting the wind take her higher. She dropped down again, the sudden change in pressure causing her wings to get a bit sore. She had never used them much, there had never been the room. But here, she could see herself flying all the time. Speaking of flying, the shadow of a bird caught her eye. She looked up, watching what looked like a hawk to fly over. Her father had always said hawks were good luck. The mare whinnied, pawing at the earth as the hawk circled for a moment before flying away. It probably had a mate to go to, or maybe even a nest. Soon, she hoped, she'd have a place to call home.
    breaking waves of change
    Thank the universe that winter was beginning to break it's strong hold over the land. Naga was sick of the snow, and sick of the cold, bitter wind. Leaving the Forest was hard, having found it being much warmer than anywhere else in the common lands this season. Bit, as she walked out of the wooded outskirts of the meadow and into the clearing, she was pleasantly surprised to see winter blooming flowers peeking up and blooming through the now crispy wet snow. Colors were starting to peak out slightly, making her feel better that Spring was finally right around the corner.

She continues on, flared nostrils drawing in the fresh scents of the meadow, it had been so long since she had come here. It was comfortingly the same, though as she walked groups of horses chatting amongst themselves, one mare in particular caught her wandering green eyes. Our dark woman watches in intrigue, as a winged grulla mare bounds and lets a call out to a hawk circling overhead. She seemed quite interesting, she reminded her of herself when she was younger. Naga let out a deep welcoming whinny, she had never seen this mare before, but she wanted to get to know her a bit. Her deep velvet voice strung through the air in steamy tendrils.

"Good morning, that hawk is quite regal isn't he? My name is Naga, nice to meet you."

With a soft smile, and her green eyes sparkling, she then waits for the bubbly winged girl to speak. She bows her head in respectful greeting, unlike her mother, she had manners. Shadowmere would have given her a swift bite and would have told her she need not give respect to anyone who was "common", but of course she never heeded her mothers words. Thank goodness she got away from her all those years ago. She was glad the sisters of the jungle had taught her to be respectful and her own woman, because now, she was to be queen of the Amazon sisters. She wondered if this mare had a home, she looked like she would be a fine sister.
    Naga
    I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Her trilling laughter, young, vibrant - so full of delectable life. It beckons me, ears twitching, heart thrumming with dark patience. I cannot help myself.

No, that is a lie; and while usually I enjoy spinning tales, there is no call to deceive myself. I can help myself. I just don't want to.

I steal through the forest that edges the western meadow - stalking, creeping ... hunting. Not for flesh, nor blood, no, I am not that sort of demon. Raw meat was never my cup of tea. I am not hurried; she will not go far and if she does, there will always be another. I lick my lips, savoring the copper taste my cracked and bloodied lips offer. Ignoring the rent in my side - it's scabbed and caked with dirt, now; I had been in the wrong place when the world had shifted and that was when I realized She'd sucked the magic from the world - I stalk her. My eyes burn with the need to blink, sides thudding with the thrum of my heartbeat. Or is that hers?

I hum that little diddy, the one that once called death and sinew to my side, my pace steady and sedate, my body yet hidden from view. Adrenaline trembles in the pit of my stomach as I charge.

I'd chosen my positioning carefully, so much so that it is only a handful of strides before I am in their midst. Ignoring the black mare, jaw drawn serpent's wide, aiming for the delicate bones of the younger mare's wings. My strike is quick, in and out, not lingering to assess damage done.  Thrusting my forelegs forward to catch my momentum, I shove it back with a jolt, intent on warding off the second mare, the one who will no doubt play the hero. Blood trickles from one nostril as I withdraw just as quickly as I'd engaged, brown eyes flipped intently from one to another, a wonderful, mirth-filled smile twisting and tugging at my mouth.
    Niklas
    Hybrid, Black, Set x Anaxarete, Demon
    The young mare's head snapped around, startled a bit at someone speaking to her but it dissolved quickly. This new mare seemed friendly enough and what more could you ask for? She hummed softly, turning back to the hawk for a moment before returning the black mare's gaze.

"He is." She nodded, "And hello Naga, my name is Silver Heart." She bowed herself in turn, her wings spreading out behind her like a woman doing a curtsy. After all, for all Silver Heart knew, the black mare might be the lead of this meadow..She quickly straightened herself up at the thought, "Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I'm not intruding on your meadow." Sure there were other horses here but what if they belonged to this herd! She dipped her head again, about to comment further when a shadow passed next to her.

Before she could really react, she felt a sharp pain in her wing. She jerked it back, rearing up and kicking, her voice high and shrill. Her hooves struck out at her attacker, although it was with very little aim. With a final scream, she slammed herself down to the ground, turning quickly to tend her wounded wing. Several feathers were missing and a bit of her flesh hung loose.
    breaking waves of change
    Our new queen is content, her chosen company, a sweet grey dove of a mare, introduced herself as Silver Heart. Such a fitting name for such a silvery bird. She was glad she happened upon her, maybe it was fate. Maybe she would come out of this exchange with a friend. Our dark woman basks in her sweet tones and lets out a small chuckle as the mare apologizes for intruding in her meadow. Naga dips her head and bumps her muzzle on Silver Heart's shoulder playfully. Her green eyes bright and her voice as velvety as usual.

Well it's a pleasure to meet you Silver Heart! No worries dear, this meadow is shared by all. Everyone is welcome here.

She chuckled again, this mare was sweet, and definitely new around here. Our dark woman liked Silver Heart, the dove woman. Though before the dove could speak again, Naga smells something...off...and before she can even assess the situation, a beastly thing skittered out of the edge of the forest outlining the meadow, and took a hunk of feathers out of Silver Heart's beautiful wing. It happened so quickly, and she could not do anything to stop it. Panic set in when her newly found friend went down...assessing the damage to her mangled wing.

Naga's blood boiled as the dark creature turned on its haunches and made an attempt to scare her away, smiling maliciously with blood trickling from it's maw. But, this thing did not know who he was dealing with...if only she could shift...but no matter. She was strong and fearless, a true Amazon woman. Our panther queen bares her teeth and lets out the most blood curdling war cry, raising up on her haunches a bit, only to slam her hooves down onto the still frozen ground making a loud crack. Her voice changes now, from silky smooth, to deep and fierce. The one thing she could not stand was bully men, though this one was worse than a bully. Bloody scum.

"CREATURE. Who the hell do you think you are!! Take one step closer to her and I will not hesitate to rip your god forsaken throat out you low life scum!! If you are smart, you will hightail it out of here NOW."

She hadn't lost her touch...she was fierce when situation called for it. Not even fierce..terrifying. She almost emulated her murderous, insane mother, which scared her a bit. She may be loyal and loving, but the blood of her demon spawn of a mother ran through her veins. Oh ho ho, though this creature is lucky he hadn't met Naga in her younger days. Back when she was wild and had no reservations. She would have already broken his neck by now. She does not take her blazing green eyes off the creature, as she slowly placed herself between Silver and her attacker. Who the hell attacks an innocent meadow goer at a time like this....it was uncalled for, and unfair. Her body was pulsing with adrenaline, she bobbed her head in short sharp motions, chomping down at invisible demons. Her body was strong, compact, yet quick. Our panther woman had survived the magicians war, and survived her bloodthirsty mother. If she can do that, this thing would be no different.

Yes...she was going to play the hero...and this thing would find it messed with the wrong woman...

Oh creature, this will not be your lucky day.
    Naga