• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Try me. [arrya]

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    The only thing that’s gone right in this gods-forsaken new world is I found my Rhory Lionheart. Still no sign of my daughters, sure as fuck no sign of their father - not that I want to talk to him, but it would be a relief to know he survived is all, okay? And I miss my girls, dammit. They need to come home. Not that we have a home for them to come back to. Hell.

Anyhow.

Somehow having Rhory back makes it feel okay to go tromping around the Meadow. Like it isn’t me giving up and saying yep, still a meadow rat after all these years. I’m just having a wander, seeing if maybe one of the girls wound up setting up camp there. Not backsliding or going back to my shitty, shitty roots. But regardless of the reason or the feelings involved in this little trek, there’s no sign of either of them.

So when I stumble across tall, dark, and pissy here I’m in about as good a mood as he is. I glare right back, our two sets of brown eyes clashing as they meet. Even if mine are from significantly closer to the ground. He’s a good bit taller than me, sleek and angry, all hot-blooded grace and a fuck-off look in his eyes. I’m more tough and rugged with a hint of scruff and a whole lot more attitude than has ever been smart. Sleek and elegant are not words anyone’s been dumb enough to apply to me, I’m pretty damn sure, and my mouth tends to get me in a good bit of trouble.

Which is why I’m not surprised when it opens and the words “You got something to say, princess?” come traipsing out to smack the stranger across the face. Might as well roll with it though. I snort and give him a dismissive once-over, then meet his glare again. “Or are you just gonna keep standing in my way looking like someone lit a fire under your tail and you’re trying to figure out who to kill for it?”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Arrya - 10-02-2016, 10:32 AM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Akkadian - 10-02-2016, 10:12 PM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Arrya - 10-03-2016, 03:20 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-04-2016, 04:37 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-14-2016, 11:55 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-28-2016, 08:18 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-28-2016, 10:06 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-29-2016, 08:39 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-29-2016, 10:34 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM