• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here i am, this is me; any

Circinae

The little girl looks at me about the same way everyone does. I’ve grown so accustomed to it that it no longer bothers me. “Wear it like a suit of armor... “ My parents used to tell me, “... and it’ll become your shield.” I can still see the pride of my own father’s eyes every time he saw my green shape wiggle out from some rock ledge or another. It only reminds me of the worry in my mother’s eyes. Two sides of the same coin. “Oh.” I counter, feeling the tension rise between us. Am I supposed to feel any differently? I’ve heard about the gaze some mares experience the first time they see their babes, but this isn’t my get and she seems to be well aware of that also.

“Well …” I begin, glancing around us while the terrible emptiness of this place really comes crashing down around me. I’m seconds away from telling her no - the word is right there on the tip of my tongue, but it just doesn’t seem right. I sigh, turning back to look at her with a more focused stare. She’s certainly a gangly thing, all edges and no curves. The star on her forehead draws attention to her broad eyes, and I take them in as they plead with me. “What are you thinking, Circy?” I ask myself, and then I begin to think about what kind of monster would turn her away.

“Well to be honest with you I have no idea where we’d be headed, or even where we’d end up, but I think that traveling alone is more work than it’s cut out to be.” I consent, making it clear that my mind was settled. “I could use a lookout. What do you say? Will you help?” I ask, eyes intent on her smaller, much more worried face. I don’t want her thinking she’s a burden, and I certainly don’t want her moping all the time, so for now this is the best I can offer.

The Wolf of Water

Messages In This Thread
    here i am, this is me; any - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 01:11 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-22-2016, 02:41 PM
    here i am, this is me; - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-22-2016, 05:02 PM
    here i am, this is me; - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 09:39 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-23-2016, 11:45 PM