• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Jord

She bolted to her feet, standing defiant as she'd always done to him as a child. He sighed and shook his head, already seeing the losing battle before him. He was a warrior, he knew when it was wisest to retreat, but it was not something she would allow him to do. He'd have to weather her storm.

She mocked her royal blood, gave voice to the painful truth; that their family was all dead. His face hardened, but he held silent. She had no idea how much pain she threw at him, she didn't know it was all his fault they were dead. Guilt and self-hate fortified him, tensed his muscles then released them in fluid grace. His natural reaction to any kind of threat, even emotional. Ready for battle. Ready for attack.

Then she reiterated that she was not from their king and queen, not truly family to him. He watched her warily, unsure where she was going with it. Her next words surprised him, that she would not allow him to die alone. That she'd be by his side. Her gaze returned to him with a warmth he was not accustomed to. If he'd have her, she said.

She'd called him lover earlier, or something similar to it. Something far stronger than that, truthfully. But he still felt she didn't understand the true meaning behind it. She was too young and untried to know the real depth to it. Now what? Was she offering herself to him? Was she requesting to belong to him, at his side, as a... mate? No, she couldn't be meaning that. Her words must mean something else, he just wasn't understanding her correctly.

Family, she must mean family, of course.

His gaze softened just a little. Of course, Jord. We are family, we will always be connected. It may not be by blood, but it is still strong. Still unbreakable.
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord lifted her ebon skull to the sky, shaking her banner in the breeze. The sun reflected brightly off her scarred black pelt. She chuckled.."You don't get it do you silly Akka." She said before looking back at him again.. "We are NOT family." She said, almost as if scolding a child.. having to repeat herself like that. Jord may be younger than Akkadian.. yet her body size was almost matched to his,.. yet more muscular due to her breed. She lifted her head to look down upon him. "You will never be able to read or understand emotion...You're too hardened.." Her smooth, almost sultry vocals spoke.. "You can't see the truth I try to speak to you.." She shook her head, chuckling to herself. "I'm gonna have to spell out you arn't I?" She spoke.  Her heavy pistons started to let her pace in a large circle around him, never breaking her soft, genuine eye contact. Her carmel orbs scanning over his form. "All these years you've protected me, even though you barely raised me. I raised myself pretty much. We both end up here.. separated.. in this bizarre land. You find me but cant believe it.. You run.. I'm alone again. We meet again in the Tundra.. you won't speak to me.. still scared.  This world changes.. You come running to me finally, ... but you see I'm injured and leave me to die." Jord said.. pain in her voice.. yet love also joins it. "You always cared for me.. even when you wern't the brightest. I've always admired that.. even as a filly. You were strong, protective,.. almost lovingly."  Jord said.. lowering her head.. "I've known for a while we wern't family.. and since then i've had...." She paused, her pistons stopped moving and she looked away. "I've had stronger feelings for you Akkadian.." she spoke slowly. "I've loved you more than a sister loves a brother... as a lover, you know me better than anyone. And I know YOU better than you know yourself." Jord said, her vocals pure and crisp.She spoke the truth.. and she knew he knew. Her hazel orbs looked back up at him lovingly, lowering her skull to the ground.. a sign of upmost respect from their homeland.. "But if you do not feel the same.. please let me know. I thought i found love once.. I was at least showed what pure emotion is supposed to be.." Jord spoke.. thinking back to the loving Baymax.. her heart ached a bit.. wondering if he was okay.. and what Akkadian would say.. "I just thought you would have seen it by now.. after how long i've chased after you and wanted to be by your side for so many years. And to be left by you in my darkest hour.. to be hurt so hard.. I hope you can understand my anger during that time.. " The mare paused once more.. "But i will be silent now... and let you speak." Her strong skull still lowered.. waiting for his words.. showing him every ounce of respect she had for him.

All the sharp words. Had she always talked so much? Getting ripped from their homeland had changed them both in different ways. He grew harder, colder. He was no longer the mischievous little brother always trying to drag the so-serious prince into pranks and boy's games, loosen him up and practically force him into having fun. And she had become long-winded and emotional. Unstable.

She went on and on, retelling their recent past and noting that he'd always cared for her even when he hadn't been the brightest. His nostrils flared and his ears pulled back in annoyance. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Just because his most important duties had been to protect their brother didn't mean he was not also educated as a prince. She was still just a child misusing her words.

And then she was professing her love to him. All he could do was close his eyes and shake his head. He could feel walls closing in on him, squeezing him and smothering him. She wanted to lock him down, tame the unobtainable. She said she knew him more than he knew himself, so she should know he was not ready for that life. He was a warrior, a bodyguard, the worthless son with no other purpose. Not a mate, not a lover. Not even a friend.

No, Jord. No. I can't. He was direct, probably too harsh, but all he could hear was the deafening silence of this box she wanted him to fit in. He still shook his head, his eyes angry and bitter. They'd done this to him, created him and shaped him into this. He would not become something he was not. He would not waste the life they had given him.

He didn't want to hurt her. Gods, he didn't want to hurt her. And he was terrified she'd run yet again, and this time never come back. But he could also not pretend to be someone else, and that is what would happen if he were to conform to her wishes. She deserved better than a lie for a mate.

There was no letting her down easy. He would have to make her think it could never happen, would never happen. He'd not condemn her to wait-for-me promises of fools. For all he knew, he'd be dead tomorrow. A guardian's life was never promised.

Let this go. We will never be together. I am the guardian, and I will die the guardian. There is no room for love. His voice softened and he ducked his head in guilt and shame. He'd lose her forever now. There was no fixing it this time.

Just let it go. Let me go.
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord slowly lifted her skull from the earth.. Her hazel orbs scanned the area around them but never once met Akkadians eyes.. or even his person. She thought for a moment.. before speaking. "I will respect your wishes Akkadian." Her orbs still didnt meet him.. as her ebon, strong pistons carried her toward him.. "This will be out last moment.." Her voice seamed numb but truthful... she ment her words. "You will never see me again. As if we never found each other to begin with.. the way it should have been." At this point it was almost as if the femme was looking through the stallion. "I will go on with my life... and I hope you will with yours as well.." Her pistons stopped when she was in front of him.. "Goodbye Akkadian." She said softly.. almost wispering in his aud before gently lowlying her lips to the wound she had caused him and swiftly gave it a gentle kiss.. as if to say i'm sorry.. goodbye.. sorry it has to be this way.  Her body quickly changed directions and walked away from him.. at no certain pace. She never wanted to face him again. First he kept her past from her from so long.. then left her alone in her time of need.. then broke her heart. Part of her hope he died with some sort of guilt in his heart. She hated him. The world he was brought into had made him this way. She kept walking away as she thought. She wish she would have been home in her familys kingdom of Ranga. Her life could have been different, she could have found someone worth to marry and rule the Ranga kingdom with. Instead of falling for this ... dead stallion. Jord never looked back at him after leaving.. She had no feelings for him anymore.. just regret of feeling the way she did. Jord had a new mission, find someone who will love her, someone worth.. someone to one day sire her children. She hated being alone.. she had been alone all her life.. but hopefully not for much longer.