• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not a soul to hear; Tioga / any
    The Meadow was quiet.

Pleasantly quiet, with nothing but the whistle of birds in her ears and the gentle hum of insects going about their insectoid business, far from the worries of the land of the horses. It must be nice, being a fly, with glass-pane wings and shiny eyes. Once, she had caught a fly and accidentally breathed it up her nose... But that seemed a lifetime ago. She was older now, more mature. She would never do that by accident now.

She stretches her long, fuzzy white legs and shakes out her frizzy, curly mane. She was a year old now, or somewhere thereabouts (she did not know her birthday). Certainly old enough to have experienced the Old Lands, although try as she might, all she can remember is drifting ash and a lot of black, and silence (not quiet, but silence - true silence, deafening silence).

The sunshine of this World was, of course, a welcome change to the little born-from-ash angel, and so is the pleasant tittering of the birds, and of course, the little insects.

ooc: this sucks im sorry
    @[Tioga]

You were automatic, as hollow as the 'o' in God.

The Meadow is quiet yes but so is my world- profoundly so.

I watch the birds flit across the sky, flocks of black dotting the clear blue. I see bugs too but I wouldn’t wonder what it is like to be one. Personally I take a fondness in swatting flies with my bleach white tail, terrible pests. Of course one swirls around my hips at the thought, as if it knew I was thinking nasty thoughts about it. Quickly I smack at it with a flick of yellowy-white and I don’t bother to see where it falls- I don’t much care.

It’s time to eat, to grab a drink before returning to the emptiness of my so called home. Home, what did that even mean anymore? Home felt lost to me, along with my Mother, she took it with her when she passed.

A bunch of clover sprouts just to the left of me, bright and green and already I think of how sweet it must taste. Before I make my way to it I notice a girl, yellow and white and alone. She isn’t very old, or I would guess she isn’t and already my copper eyes are searching for her parents. Was it safe to play in the common lands anymore? I offer a soft nicker, best she hears me first, best she knows I’m approaching because some didn’t take kindly to one so large sneaking up on them.

How I ever snuck up on anyone I’ll never know, those with hearing are so unobservant at times though. "Right behind you," I warn, the words taking an odd tone as they leave my lips.

{TIOGA}

khaos x wichita

html by Kyra
    [Image: Tioga.png]