• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Life-Open
    She stepped into the field , silver tendrils hanging into her brown hues. Her head swung restlessly from side to side, searching the area curiously. She waited patiently for the smells to reach her nose. As soon as they did she sighed, shifting to get comfortable. The surrounding trees offered her shade, long tail curling around her leg as she watched the others. She was perfectly fine with watching the others, not much of a talker herself. She whispered quietly, memorizing the phrase as if it mattered. 

"Aloha ʻO Haliaka koʻu inoa"

Inwardly she repeated the phrase, nodding slightly in triumph. She was overly pleased with her ability to speak. Of course she COULD speak, it was just difficult for her. She had never done it much around others, or outwardly on her own. She practiced now more than ever.In hopes to later make friends. Once more she repeated the phrase to herself. Smiling brightly.

'Hello, My name is Haliaka.'
    Still unable to change herself, Djinni is drawn to those who most reflect her losses. a the warm brown coat of the taller mare, paired with her sandy mane and tail is a combination that the petite Djinni is unable to resist.

She crosses the Feild quickly, her striped legs limber and strong, and stops only when she is close enough for conversation. "Hello there," she says with a bob of her head and a small smile. "I'm Djinni."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    (09-29-2016, 10:29 AM)ᴅᴊɪɴɴɪ Wrote: Still unable to change herself, Djinni is drawn to those who most reflect her losses. a the warm brown coat of the taller mare, paired with her sandy mane and tail is a combination that the petite Djinni is unable to resist.

She crosses the Feild quickly, her striped legs limber and strong, and stops only when she is close enough for conversation. "Hello there," she says with a bob of her head and a small smile. "I'm Djinni."

Her amber eyes widened, looking over the mare before her. She widened her mouth to speak, only she was unable to form the words she had practiced so many times before. Closing it once more she sucked in a deep breath before smiling slightly.

"Hello Djinni, I am Haliaka."

Once more, she was pleased with the words she had formed. She shifted on her hooves anxiously. Scanning the smaller mare. This mare could be a friend, she knew. She was to be kind, to make a friend she was to be polite.
    "Haliaka", she repeats, pleased with the sound in makes as she does so. "Does it mean anything, or is it just a pretty?" Her own name is nothing more than a tribute to the creature that brought her back to life when she was born breathless from her mother's womb. 'Jenny', most of them say, and Djinni has never bothered to correct it.

Best to not summon things that one has no need of, after all.

Djinni shifts her weight to stand more comfortably, and flicks her dark tail against her haunches as she does so. There is still a bit of dried salt along her belly, the remnants of an early morning swim in the sea. With the summer coming, the water along the coast has begun to warm up, and while she doubts the grey water will ever be quite as balmy as the oases she was raised beside, there is something comforting about the water.

"Are you new to Beqanna, Haliaka?" she asks curiously, her grey eyes bright in her dark face. This remade Beqanna is new to them all, and with the maelstrom on new smells from the new lands, Djinni is no longer able to tell from where others hail. Haliaka might be new to Beqanna, or she might have swum over from Ischia or crossed the lava streams from Tephra.
    D J I N N I
    (09-29-2016, 09:42 PM)ᴅᴊɪɴɴɪ Wrote: "Haliaka", she repeats, pleased with the sound in makes as she does so. "Does it mean anything, or is it just a pretty?" Her own name is nothing more than a tribute to the creature that brought her back to life when she was born breathless from her mother's womb. 'Jenny', most of them say, and Djinni has never bothered to correct it.

Best to not summon things that one has no need of, after all.

Djinni shifts her weight to stand more comfortably, and flicks her dark tail against her haunches as she does so. There is still a bit of dried salt along her belly, the remnants of an early morning swim in the sea. With the summer coming, the water along the coast has begun to warm up, and while she doubts the grey water will ever be quite as balmy as the oases she was raised beside, there is something comforting about the water.

"Are you new to Beqanna, Haliaka?" she asks curiously, her grey eyes bright in her dark face. This remade Beqanna is new to them all, and with the maelstrom on new smells from the new lands, Djinni is no longer able to tell from where others hail. Haliaka might be new to Beqanna, or she might have swum over from Ischia or crossed the lava streams from Tephra.
    Her ears splayed as she thought. She never much questioned her name. In fact she hadnt known it until earlier in the year. Her family had always called her Hal, it was surprising to be called by her whole name before she left.

"It means leader, though Im sure it was just pretty at the time."

She smiled, nodding slightly. Her ears tipped forward at the question. She presumed it was going well. Djinni was continuing conversation. Maybe she wanted to be Haliaka's friend? She was giddy at the thought.

"I am quite new to these lands."

She answered after a moment, looking around the open area before them. It was foreign and strange, but she was not frightened. She was ready to explore, to find a home. 

"How about you?"

She questioned, turning her gaze back to  Djinni as she spoke. A soft smile lighting her dark features.
    Djinni has never had a friend.

She has had family: parents and sisters and brothers. She has had Walter: a conundrum that is both far beyond friendship and barely more than passing acquaintances. She's had lovers galore.

But she has never had a friend.

It's not something she has ever regretted, but as she searches the brown mare's friendly face for something hidden and finds nothing, she wonders if perhaps she has been missing something. The grullo mare is so used to others having angles, to be working toward something at the sacrifice of others around them. What would it be like to know someone that is not tied to her by blood, but rather by companionship.

It would be strange, she decides, but not entirely unwelcome.

"I was born in Beqanna," she replies, gesturing with her petite muzzle toward the south, where there is nothing more than ocean. "But the Desert where I was born is long gone, and all these lands are as new to me as they are to you." She tries a smile, a friendly expression, and finds it fits rather well.

"Well, not all of them, I suppose. I've become rather fond of the Coast of Nerine." And she has, even if she's not certain that it is to the Sisterhood that she wants to pledge her loyalty. "Do you like the ocean, Haliaka?"
    D J I N N I
    (10-02-2016, 12:22 PM)ᴅᴊɪɴɴɪ Wrote: Djinni has never had a friend.

She has had family: parents and sisters and brothers. She has had Walter: a conundrum that is both far beyond friendship and barely more than passing acquaintances. She's had lovers galore.

But she has never had a friend.

It's not something she has ever regretted, but as she searches the brown mare's friendly face for something hidden and finds nothing, she wonders if perhaps she has been missing something. The grullo mare is so used to others having angles, to be working toward something at the sacrifice of others around them. What would it be like to know someone that is not tied to her by blood, but rather by companionship.

It would be strange, she decides, but not entirely unwelcome.

"I was born in Beqanna," she replies, gesturing with her petite muzzle toward the south, where there is nothing more than ocean. "But the Desert where I was born is long gone, and all these lands are as new to me as they are to you." She tries a smile, a friendly expression, and finds it fits rather well.

"Well, not all of them, I suppose. I've become rather fond of the Coast of Nerine." And she has, even if she's not certain that it is to the Sisterhood that she wants to pledge her loyalty. "Do you like the ocean, Haliaka?"

Her ears flicked in interest as the other spoke. She was intrigued with the silver mare. Haliaka herself had never been easy to make friends with. Her lack of speech, and trust for others posing as complicated to others. She had a friend once, long ago. One who knew her well enough to see that she was not unkind, or mute. One whom saw that she was kind, and quite the conservationist. Her head turned to look where the other had directed her gaze. She knew what lay beyond the field, though she was unsure whether she could trust the whispers of passing horses or not.

She had never ventured to the ocean, though the lands she came from hosted many a lakes and ponds. She enjoyed the water almost as much as the fish that lived within it. Her mind turned at the question. She didnt know the ocean. Though, she presumed she would enjoy it all the same.

"Yes, Yes I do."

She replied, returning the others smile with a small one of her own. her gaze didnt leave the space it had settled on. 

"one day. One day you will know the sea."

She promised herself silently, before her amber orbs returned to Djinni's gaze.
    Haliaka keeps her eyes in the direction of the sea, and Djinni doesn't miss it. The other mare's eagerness is encouraging, refreshing even for a creature as stark as Djinni. She has always been hedonistic, but watching it in others is entirely novel.

"I could show you the ocean in Nerine," she offers with another smile and a curious quirk of her brow. "It's lovely, even if the water is still chilly this early in the Summer."

There is sometimes ice in the winter too, but the warm spring has long since thawed it. The grey granite beach is no tropical paradise, but Djinni has never cared enough to compare the two. She has had enough heat for a thousand lifetimes.

"If you like it, you're welcome to stay there. The Sisterhood lives there - all mares - I'm sure they'd be glad to have you."
    D J I N N I
    (10-02-2016, 12:45 PM)ᴅᴊɪɴɴɪ Wrote: Haliaka keeps her eyes in the direction of the sea, and Djinni doesn't miss it. The other mare's eagerness is encouraging, refreshing even for a creature as stark as Djinni. She has always been hedonistic, but watching it in others is entirely novel.

"I could show you the ocean in Nerine," she offers with another smile and a curious quirk of her brow. "It's lovely, even if the water is still chilly this early in the Summer."

There is sometimes ice in the winter too, but the warm spring has long since thawed it. The grey granite beach is no tropical paradise, but Djinni has never cared enough to compare the two. She has had enough heat for a thousand lifetimes.

"If you like it, you're welcome to stay there. The Sisterhood lives there - all mares - I'm sure they'd be glad to have you."

She was stunned. For the first time in a long time she was being offered a home. Though she could be wrong, she assumed she would love it there. Glancing between the distant ocean and the mare before her she nodded. 

"I'd like that."

Her voice was smaller than she would have liked, an almost whisper compared to what it had been. Shifting , her silver tail uncurled from around her leg. Aimlessly flicking at the ground, the loose curls now plagued with grass and leaves. 

How wonderful she knew the ocean would be! She could almost smell the salty air from where she stood. A foal like eagerness radiating off of her like the warm glow of the summer sun. She dug a hoof into the dirt as she stepped back, almost groaning at the stiffness of her muscles. In the heat of their conversation she had not noticed how long she had been standing.

No matter of it now she supposed. She was just happy to have made what she assumed was a friend.
    Though Djinni is not (yet?) a part of the Sisterhood, she knows that they will not mind her extending such an offer to Haliaka. The land is plenty large enough to host several dozen horses; with the handful it has now it seems almost empty. The idea of having someone else there who is not as tied to the flooded jungle is equally appealing. Djinni will no longer feel like the newcomer, like the outsider.

When the silver-haired mare accepts, Djinni smiles widely, even though her voice had been soft. It had not been hesitant, she tells herself, just a bit quiet. The grullo mare reaches out - ever so gently - and places a friendly nudge on Hilakia's chocolate shoulder with her black muzzle.

"Come on," she says with a bright smile, "Let's go see the ocean."

ooc: if you'd like to post in nerine, i can reply there Smile
    D J I N N I