• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; teal
    dark son of gunsynd

Was it wrong to feel as satisfaction to have startled her? To hear the sound of her teeth clacking together? Lior should have felt bad but he didn't...in his own defense he is a lot more accommodating to this mare than he was with anyone. (Lior will chock this up to her disabilities later on.) The stallion moves his hind end around so he face the silent harpy with a scrutinizing eye. His hip stung and remained darkened by spit and blood that barely creases the surface of the small wound.

But what really throws him off was the over sized smile and laugh that follows. Lior stands flabbergasted by this strange mare as she carries on. Truthfully the sound of it comes out in whistles and sharp brays and Lior can not help the quirk of his own smirk at this but the stallion soon realizes the other is deaf for no one who could hear would laugh in such raw and open fashion. The realization of her deafness dawns on him like first mornings light.

The irritability in his chest and grit of his jaw relax when he begins to understand her. This little deaf and blind mare. This little bumbling innocent. Silver eyes watch her cautiously as this little mare also had quite a bite (according to his own precious rear end).

Lior witnesses the change though...and if he were compassionate, his heart would have simply broken in two at the sudden terror that washes over her features. The blind eyes look desperately as her nostrils are wide and pink, prodding for him. Lior hesitates only a moment before he moves to near the woman and reaches out with his own dark lips to press a muzzle against the base of her neck with a reassuring pressure. "I'm here, little mare." His voice is low as he talks more so to himself than to her. A warm breath exhales against her skin in effort to remove the frightened features that threaten to collapse the mare.

LIOR
    Teal
    Warmth reaches her, releases the breath she was holding. He pressed into her neck and relief flooded over her. The touch didn't startle her this time, she'd been hoping for it, silently begging for it. Blind eyes shuttered and a faint smile dared pull at her lips again. He hadn't left her.

His calming rumble vibrated across her skin, his breath sweeping through the hairs of her coat. She soaked in the moment, bathed in this feeling overcoming her. She was safe with him, wasn't she? Finally safe. No more fears. He'd earned some trust.

She turned and walked into him, pushing her chest to his in an odd hug, softly brushing her velvet against his broad shoulder. His scent sweeping into her only soothed her more. She was growing used to it, wanted to have it there to keep her feeling safe. He didn't smell like others, so he was alone too, right? Maybe he would not send her away.

Maybe she could go with him when he moved from this place.
    You'll take me with you, won't you?

There was no way to ask him in his language. She didn't think splashing him would quite get that message over. It was sadly sobering, but she gripped tightly onto the calm he brought her and edged down his side to his hip, carefully nursing the bite she left on him.

Sorry, Caveman. I'm so sorry.

But it wasn't the bite she was silently apologizing for. Not only the bite, anyway. More than that, she was sorry she could not tell him how she felt more than her wide unseeing eyes did on their own. She didn't even know how to hide her emotions, much less that she should be hiding them.

I look inside myself
    She is baffling in her actions. The dark male dies not understand the woman and her actions. One moment, she is nipping, spitting. The next are filled with a soft remorse and tender caresses. It is confusing and strange to the stallion as he remains rigid when the mare moves long the scarred and tender places of his body.

Lior is not sure why he tolerates her. Was it a lack of interest to pull him away? A morbid sense of curiosity? The powerful fulfillment she gave by dancing in and out of his grasp? He is not sure but what he does see if the sky, fat and gray, begin to release snowflakes upon Beqanna. The small frosted specks fall drunkenly upon the pair, clutching the darkness of Lior's coat. A small frown curves his lips as he moves to face where his cave lie. He looks at to the blind woman (now at his hip) and briefly considers leaving her but a small pang in his gut makes him reconsider the callous action. A small grunt and nudge  to her cheek follow before he is moving off in slow steps.

Lior looks back occasionally, letting the cream and honey mare follow as he begins the slow ascent to his him. The gravel and shale cause the ground to be unstable at times but Lior's home is not far off from the meadow's edge.

He enters the mouth of the cave, silver pools looking for the mute mare before going deeper into it's depths, where the cold air and wet snow could not reach them. The stallion is not sure what to do next as he has brought the woman to his home but at least he had not left her to freeze in the winter meadow.
    And see my heart is black

hope this is ok! i wanted to speed things up with the season change. sorry i am slow poster!
    Teal
    A shiver rattled her body, trembled her legs. It was time for the Cold. The Cold was such a lonely time, such a very cold time with chills that would shake her and no warmth to be shared by another. She tried to conceal it from him, the involuntary shudder that danced through her limbs, and the anticipated pain of losing his company. The surprising hurt she believed would follow.

She had either failed in her attempt to hide it from him, or he'd come to his own decisions and surprised her with a gentle nudge and low rumble. His body slid out from beneath her careful ministrations as he moved away.

She hesitated, afraid perhaps she was hoping too strongly and imagining the silent offer to stay a bit longer at his side. It would be just like her to assume too much, that perhaps she was welcome where she was not. In the end, she trusted that he meant what he "said" and trailed in his wake, nose working earnestly to keep up without crowding him this time.

The urge to leash her muzzle to him went ignored, trusting her sense of smell to guide her. It gets especially difficult to hold to that invisible boundary as the ground gradually shifted into something less solid and more slippery in a pebbly sort of way. Deep down she knew where they were going. Originally she had feared this very thing, to be lead to his home like unwitting prey. She didn't feel like an unsuspecting victim, though. She..trusted him.

The smell of the cavern permeated the air around her. Darkness flowed into the same darkness with her useless eyes, silence into more silence. She didn't even realize the loss, having been this way all her life, so her nose painted her surroundings as vividly as she had ever "seen". Moisture and musk floated in the air, oddly comforting as it smelled like Caveman.

It smelled so strongly of him, she could no longer discern his movements. She halted cautiously, but her sense of smell could not pull him out from his surroundings. It somehow didn't matter. She was comfortable here, she finally felt safe. An impossible treasure for her.

With a soft grunt she lowered herself right where she was, a light breeze slipping in through the nearby entrance on occasion. She knew where the exit was. That was enough to assure her that she wouldn't accidentally collide with a wall. Her face already marked that lesson well-learned with delicate scars. She enjoyed her new-found security for a few moments longer, before exhaustion claimed her.

ooc: look i took so long we're already in yet another season :3  it got so lengthy already that i decided its probably best i shut her up and let you have a go loooool. he is very museful for her, it seems xD hope you don't mind leading the way into the next one yet again <3

I look inside myself
    The woman that rests against his broad side is as helpless as a newborn foal. The trust she places into the stallion him to be surprised (it only reflects in the form a small grunt) but that is all that manifestes. Silver eyes look over the width of his shoulder as he studies the way the cream blends into the gold. The slow rise and fall of her sides are the only thing that reassures him that the mare is not dead.

Tiredness gently tugs at his own lids as he feels the slip of cool air coax him to plant his own skull against the cool rock. It confuses the black stallion as bit as he finds the warmth at his side and the steady drum of a heart beat lull him into slumber with a quiet contentedness.

How perfectly strange.
    And see my heart is black

i know it's short but i wanted to tie it up for future posts <3