• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Mighty and Tiny

She nods with a sweet smile that softens her eyes when Gyps asks if she will promise. It is an easy thing for her, this agreement to her newfound friend. And she knows that this one will be an easy one to keep. She had promised to help find Weir's friends, but that had proved quite hard for our tiny girl so far. But if and when the fairies ever do grant Smidge her wish.. "Of course! I can't think of anyone else I would like to share it with." Her first experience in the sky. And she truly couldn't imagine Not sharing that moment with Gyps. Listening to the black and blue lady tell her the story of her family and her separation, the small girl feels her heart swell for her, building real concern over an event that seems to really strike a chord in her. And how could it not? Smidgen puts herself in the story, imagines it as though it had happened to her. To be given away like a thing by her mother before she ever even got to meet the girl with the price tag on her ear. She frowns and a crease forms over her eyes at the thought. Smidge doesn't fully comprehend such things, but she wonders if her own parents had given her up for such a thing. Is that way she is alone?

Ah, but she isn't alone, she reminds herself. She had the fairies to nourish her as a babe, and she'd now made two friends along her journies. No, not alone. Her heart is too happy for this heavy feeling that word brings. And Gyps is not alone either. Smidge's smile is rejuvenated as the mere mention of the name Andras has her friend beaming again. Yes, this is much better topic of conversation. She speaks of him, and Smidge bounces a little, excitedly. "I can't wait to meet him! Do you think he'll like me too?" Her head ducks a little at the last part, suddenly a bit bashful at the thought that someone close to her good friend, Gyps, might not like her. She isn't sure, but somehow she thinks that would make friendship a little harder for them. The thought lingers a moment before giving into another entirely. A realization. "So then, do you think you would have met Andras if you hadn't been given away?" A tilt of her head, followed by a softer smile, encouraging. "So maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all?" The realization makes the small girl's heart flutter, makes her happy, and she wonders if Gyps had also realized the same thing. Maybe then the memory wouldn't be so painful to bring up.

On the topic of the Taiga, she eagerly listens and is happy to know that the place isn't very far from where she lays her head at night. So they're like neighbors! That's pretty cool! Oh, and that means it wouldn't be so difficult to go and visit her again after today. She doesn't know the names of the trees Gyps mentions, but she decides she will have to come see for herself. "Maybe you can show me around one day soon? I would be happy to visit." Her smile is bright and her eyes twinkle with the truth of her words and happiness in the light of the sun. She feels this is a friendship she will hold perhaps the closest to her heart.

Smidgen!

small in stature, not heart

OOC: SO sorry for the wait, lovely!! I'm horrible and real life is draining.
    The light that shines so bright.

It would be a honour to Gyps to show the wonders of the sky to her little friend. A flight underneath the full moon with stars twinkling in the sky, that would be a perfect time to take little Smidgen up into the air. The black and blue lady was sure that the other girl would love the sight of it. Especially if they flew across water, enjoying the beauty of the night. Gyps herself loved to fly underneath a pitch black sky, but it was rare to see a full moon while doing so. Hearing Smidgen make the promise, she cannot help but not to smile widely.

Just like that she also cannot stop the light laugh when Smidge asks if Andras would like her. ”Of course he would! I cannot think of any reason why he would not” she answers honestly, knowing all too well that Andras was just as playful and enthusiastic as she herself was, maybe he even rivalled little Smidgen in this matter. But then their talk grows somewhat more serious again, and this time Gyps has to shake her head in a ‘no’. However, not without a small smile. ”No, call it fate, but we actually met plenty of times before that. We played together in the playground when we were younger, that was before either of us knew the deal our parents made. He’s my saviour.” So perhaps Smidgen was right, it wasn’t all that bad. But that didn’t stop her from losing faith in her own parents, parents she once had loved dearly.

”I will, if Andras and I decide to live there. Thus far we haven’t made any decision, only went there to meet the horses and look around. You could do that too, they were very friendly.” Gyps had pledged to follow Andras, home would be wherever he was, but once they had arrived at the Taiga she had gotten afraid. Pine trees never lost their needles, and thus would they always block her sky. She didn’t want to live like that, rather she found a home like her birthplace, but she was not yet sure how to tell Andras that.

Gyps

OOC
    This time I should say sorry.. Didn't realise 10 days have already passed :|