• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sisters, of a sort {mentalio, any

She let a small smile play about her lips at the sound of the child taking up her wake and following. At the moment, she didn't have a clue what she was doing by adopting an infant when she was still considered a yearling herself. She supposed they'd both just have to learn how to survive on their own, together.

Wallace sighed quietly. The loss of Zara, her adoptive mother, was a gaping hole in her chest, but maybe this little girl would help her refill it a bit. She liked that the girl didn't vocalize her agreement, but simply stepped up and walked alongside her quietly. A girl of action. It was suiting to her own ways. They'd go far together.

"What's your name," the child asked passively, more from proper greeting expectations than actually inquiring. Wallace smirked again. It seemed neither of them really cared overmuch for the formalities of society. She supposed a little introduction and maybe a general history might warm the girl up to her better, though.

"I'm Wallace. I had a mother and a twin, but got separated from them and ended up in the den," she said plainly as they continued walking home together. "I was eventually adopted by a wonderful mare named Zara, but I've lost her too now." She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes. One day she'd find her again and find out just what happened to make the dark mare leave her side like everyone else in her life.

"So, now you and I will live in Ischia. I suppose that makes us... sisters, of a sort." She hesitated over the word. Her only sister had been her twin, the only one left so close to her heart no matter the time and distance that separated them. She couldn't imagine this girl, -or anyone, filling that gap, but it was clearly the best name to give their new relationship. Nobody would ever believe her a mother, her hips were still far too narrow for that. Not that she even wished to be one.

"What about you? You gotta story?"

Wallace

@[Mentalio] :: sorry it took so long. I couldnt decide if i was going to post it in the den or..just have them already show up here xD so here we are!
    Nodding curtly once as she finishes her part, she decided it was time to speak after a few moments of silence; she'd walked with her, eyeing the path of land amongst the water leading to this island. "Ischia.." Mentalio said, as if tasting how the word comes off of her tongue.

"My mother abandoned me in the den shortly after I was born.. If she deserves the title mother." She starts, her ears flicking back when she says mother. She walks silently for a moment, before starting to speak, giving what she remembers.

"She was a black-coated mare, like me, but without these dotted markings. I do not know the identity of my father. I only remember the mountain, and then the den." She finishes, and looks ahead at the island. Sisters.. She muses quietly, wondering what she'd meant by that.