• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I can't do this on my own [any]
    Dungaree's jet black mane tossed in the cool sumer breeze. He wondered what happened to all the horses from the kingdoms. What happened to the once magical horses, that now we're normal? He shook his head, trying to free some of his memory. Nothing. He sighed. 

Maybe Beqanna didn't have a place for him. He was, after all, probably the shortest horse here. He looked to his left, over to the ocean. The land suddenly landing into the ocean. The thought had barely come when he shook his head. When I am to go out, I don't want it to be that way.

The breeze shifted now it was coming off the sea. Somehow, the scent of salt air and waves crashing against the cliffs seemed soothing to him. He edged closer, and smiled. The cliffs weren't as high as they had seemed. He heard the name for this before, but couldn't quite place it. Ah, well. He knew this would startle most of the newer horses, but he had to do it. In all actuality, it was only thed height of a short horse, about twice his height. He whinnied, tossed his head and then.

He Jumped.

When he landed, he splashed down into the water, then tossed about. eventually, he had himself upright and swimming. Well, kinda swimming. But who cared! It was summer, and the water was surprisingly cooling. He awaited the arrival of the first horse. Meanwhile, he's figuring out hddow to get back up there. Smart.

(location: XD Dungaree's so funny! I wonder why I ever stopped playing him...)
    "It might be smart to swim this way," the jaguar spotted stallion had heard the splash of the horse as he had stood in the sand and with minor surprise he had for a while listened to the young colt splash around as he swam. He waits until the other makes it to shore and with a sigh he shakes his head in slight amusement. "It isn't often many jump into the water. High tide has been well known to carry souls off and away, never to be seen again."

He turns his large head towards the other slowly, his lack of eyes the most noticeable thing about him despite his jaguar spots that covered him from ear to hoof. "You should be careful. You wouldn't want to end up like one of those lost souls." He knows he is being cryptic and for a moment he fights the smile that eventually turns the corners of his silken lips upwards and he chuckles softly. "My name is Demian, what's your name?"

It's been a long time since he had played the role of recruiter. Yet now was probably a better time than any for him to get back into the swing of it. For it was time that he kicked his butt into gear and started to do the work for Romek that the other sovereign king deserved from him. He wanted to do his best to please his very first friend and he knew that helping to make the Taiga a wonderful and safe home full of life would be his first step to doing just that. And so he waits, wondering if this stallion is looking for a home and if he may be able to provide just that.
    Dungaree looked at the mysterious stallion. He nodded his thanks before swimming to the shore. "My name's Dungaree." he said.

The fair skinned stud was ever so intriguing to the dark ones mind. He had laid eyes on a mare, similar with wings, once before. In all truth, he was shocked with Demain more than anything. It wasn't everyday the little guy got noticed. He looked over his shoulder, back to the water. He was curiouser now.
    "Demain, where are you from?" he asked the eyeless horse. He presumed Demain was sightless, since he had no eyes. But in this land, one can never be too sure. "I know this question may seem stupid, idiotic even, but can you see?"

Dungaree scuffed his hoof in the sand, shifting and moving the grains. Much like his life had been so far, ever shifting and always moving. Perhaps the two could become friends. Perhaps Dungaree could learn more about his home, decide whether or not to go there. But for now, everything relyed on him.