• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As the Winds Blow, any
    A bit of a sheepish grin slowly played across his lips as she spoke, and he ducked his head a little with a light chuckle. "A poorly phrased question, it seems." He took a moment to breath deep the salty air before he returned his gaze to her. The scent of the place had settled into the mare's pelt, adding to the overall aura of confidence and security she carried with her. It had been easy for him to come to the conclusion she had lived here for some time now, thus assuming her to be a Sister. A phrase he learned along his journeys came to mind, then: 'to assume makes an ass out of you and me.' The reminder brought back his easy smile, a bit more amused this time. "I don't presume to know for sure, amica, but I would say that with this great change in Beqanna, perhaps it's time for a change in customs?" The question is more or less rhetoric, more a gentle suggestion of an idle thought he had. The stallion sought her face for a reaction before he idly slid his gaze back to the water, sweeping over the horizon. "I would like to think that even without a ritual, if enough of your time has been spent here and this is where your loyalties lie, then you are enough to be called a Sister in my eyes. But what do I know?" He rolled his shoulders with his last question, smirking slightly with amusement.

It grew wider as he heard her next question, and the roan couldn't stop the bubble of laughter that spilled out from him, deep and rumbly. Without thinking about it, he reached over and 'booped' her neck (low, toward the shoulder) with his muzzle in friendly affection. Pulling back again, bicolored eyes found her lovely face once more, catching the teasing expression that seemed to cause a twinkle in her eye and her lips to be a bit crooked. He sobered his laughter quickly, but the amusement doesn't leave him. "I suppose not, Djinni. I did live in the Jungle for pretty much my whole life, though I have been away a long time. When last I was there, my mother was queen." His heart swelled when he spoke of her, his beloved mother. Sim missed her, and his father, very much. A twinge of sadness would be evident only by the slightest change in his eyes, detracting a bit from his overall happy expression. But he tried not to linger on the thought of them too much at this moment, not wanting to bring down their conversation. "Perhaps you knew her? She was Scorch. Hestoni was her mate, and my father." And really, he would be surprised if she hadn't. Sim was sure there weren't many alive who didn't at least know of the hairless and fiery woman. Now, moreover, the stallion watched the mare's face, gauging her response to his revelation of his lineage.

Messages In This Thread
    As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-10-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-11-2016, 08:03 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-20-2016, 01:21 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-26-2016, 08:01 AM