• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i never watch the stars, there's so much down here
    aetheria

It'd been at least a week since Aetheria had spoken to someone (the sharp words of a passing stallion were negligible at best). Her energy had faded to dismal amounts by the time she reached the gathered horses; so when a buckskin mare greets her with a friendly smile Aetheria’s countenance and disposition lifts to the treetops.

It's strange how the 4 word conversation cheers her already, seeing as the rest of it could go in an entirely different direction, but she is nothing if not an optimist.

“What a pretty name,” Aetheria reflects Djinni’s smile with ease. It's odd to see another palomino that mirrors her physique in all but markings. Odd, yet strangely comforting. At least she doesn’t have to stand several feet away just to see her expression.

"I’m Aeth-Ria.” the words stumble over themselves like a newly born foal “Ria.” she repeats with more care.

The epithet had sounded so natural when it came from her latest friend, "Ria" is still foreign on her tongue.

A lapse in memory leaves her staring problem unnoticed as the plain mare regards her new acquaintance. Though Djinni's friendly aura never falters, hers expression was the unmistakable one of an occupied mind. At least that’s what Ria has discerned from her wandering eyes.

Perhaps that isn’t the right term. Darting? Scanning? Djinni's gaze flits to and fro with certainty, these searching glances clearly have a purpose.

“Are you looking for someone?” Ria asks with a curious tilt of her head (it was a habit she’d had since she was just a filly, one that she couldn’t seem to break).

The words are odd and out of place even to her unpracticed ears, and she regrets her forwardness immediately. The last thing she wanted was to offend or unnerve the friendly mare .

Messages In This Thread
    i never watch the stars, there's so much down here - by Aetheria - 10-11-2016, 12:09 PM
    RE: i never watch the stars, there's so much down here - by Aetheria - 10-11-2016, 09:55 PM