• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A bit overwhelmed
    Hi! I'm new, nice to meet everyone!

I haven't been on an rpg in a very long time, so pardon me for my newbishness

Anyways, this RPG obviously has a long history, and this combined with the naming system I get a bit overwhelmed. How am I supposed to come up with a name? I always used to go with names like Sky or Ruby, simple names, but obviously all of those simple names are gone. How does everybody else come up with names?
    First of all - welcome to Beqanna! I'm Kortnee, one of the co-owners.

Second of all - we know the naming system is intense. What I would do is type the names you like into the member database (http://www.beqanna.com/forum/database.php) and if that horse has all unknowns (unknown sire/dam/player/etc) and no foals then you can claim that name. Otherwise, you'll have to get creative. The other option is going to the "PMP" board, which is where people give up horses they once played. This can give you a name, a background, etc

I also encourage you to check out the guide (http://beqanna.com/forum/guide.php) to get some more details about the general lay of the land. It's pretty easy to just start playing, and then as you get into the more detailed stuff (challenges, steals, etc) pick up the rules then.

Any other questions I can help you with?
    Kortnee
    Co-Owner
    Ajatar - Harmonia - Sunday
    Oh yes actually. I understand the concept of the whole meadow - you go there to be recruited and such. Do I have the option to approach places I want to be recruited by?

Also, way back when I used to RP there was a whole Alliance thing - Light, Undecided, Dark, that's not a thing on this rpg is it? (At least not on the surface.)
    Yup, you can go to the lands and ask to join as well. Each land is allowed to have their own rules about who can join, etc.

And no, the game doesn't have any predetermined light/dark type alliance. Again, each land is allowed to pick what they'd like to do/be/etc. so it's really pretty dependent on the players here.
    Also, as for naming!!

(welcome!!)

I like to try to use translated versions of the names I like!! Maybe use google translate to find Ruby or Sky in different languages Smile Or think out of the box!! Like scientific names for animals, or look up baby name sites and look for some unique names and check the name database and name reserves to see if they are taken Big Grin ALSO there are also names in the database listed as "unknown" for all their info Smile I believe you are allowed to use names that are completely "unknown" like player, gender, traits, bloodline are all unknown, then you can use those Smile (though officer or owners correct me if this has changed)
    But since a lot of names are taken, you have to really get creative, but sometimes it is the most creative names that spur your writing muse Big Grin

I hope you enjoy your time here and good luck finding fun names!!