• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the evening pulls the sun down - Simeon
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

There is a lull in Beqanna, and Errant is grateful. Younger creatures might feel bored, but they do not know the chaos that so often comes with change.

The black king has watched Simeon, curious about the young man. Scorch had promised her son a throne that was not hers to give away, and Errant had wondered if denial of said crown would be enough to send the roan back to the Jungle. It hadn’t, at least not yet, and so Errant finds Simeon one spring day to have their first one-on-one conversation.

Simeon has not done anything to build up the Tundra since his arrival, but that same lull that comforts Errant has lowered his expectations for the Brothers as a whole. There is no need for them to overexert themselves if training is sufficient, and he does not have unreasonably high expectations for the men of the Tundra. Expectations are higher for a potential king, of course, and Errant considers each resident a potential king. Thus far, none of them are fit for the title, and so it is fortunate that Errant has no intention of leaving the Tundra.

The black stallion approaches the roan, bobbing his head in a friendly greeting before settling his weight in a comfortable position. “Hello Simeon.”
    He’s considered what to cover – battle experience? Political ideations? – but has known the exact first question since the man had shown up on the night of Nihlus’ steal and Errant had first recognized him.

“Do you intend to keep that tattoo forever?” He asks, gesturing toward the green vine and blossom on Simeon’s chest. That is a definitive mark that the wearer is loyal to the Jungle; it is common enough knowledge. Errant does not mind that Simeon wears it (it is the bearer’s own choice), but with it he will never be a true Brother – or a true King of the North. “I will train you regardless, as your mother wishes. But know that I will die before allowing a man loyal to an outside kingdom to rule the Tundra.” He might seem overly dramatic, but Errant considers loyalty the most valuable trait and does not waiver.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]