• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark, you can't come soon enough for me; mandalocks
    dark, you can't come soon enough for me
    She is cautious, guarded, and he can’t blame her. It must be so odd to run into a random stallion in the meadow and have him reveal that he might be her father. He’s actually surprised that she’s been as open as she has, considering the circumstances. Unless she’s lied … which he also wouldn’t blame her for.

His heart warms when she says she’d like to get to know him too, and he smiles at the eagerness in her voice. “I’m glad to hear that.” But he hesitates, thinking. “Perhaps we should visit your mother first though? Just to … confirm …” After all, he would hate to force his way into her life, only to find out that he’s not her father after all … and have her want nothing to do with him afterward. It would be painful for the both of them if that were to happen. “To be clear, I am eager to spend time with you … I just don’t want either of us to get hurt.”

He is relieved when she reveals that she has no traits, and the worry is lifted off his shoulders. He has been so lucky so far, so blessed. The three of his children (or possible children) that he’s been fortunate enough to know have been born untouched by the curse that are the mythical abilities. “No, I have not been so cursed. And I am glad to hear that you have not been either. I don’t know how many mythicals you have come across in your life, but in my experience, traits tend to corrupt …” He is cautious, testing. He doesn’t know how she feels about the mythicals - he might as well find out now.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dark, you can't come soon enough for me; mandalocks - by Szeth - 11-28-2016, 01:37 AM