• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Reagan / Fairy
    Jinju
    This time she is aware of the change. She can feel it, something stirring inside her, something that had been there before and then got taken away. It was just that Jinju hadn’t been aware of its existence before, not until Reagan had pointed it out. Now she knows about her previously hidden powers it is easy to recognize it. The fire burns within her, fuelling her, warming her. Jinju releases a sigh she didn’t know she was holding back, simply enjoying the feeling with closed eyes. Also wondering how she could’ve missed this all.

Her gaze is hesitant as it travels up the mountain. She doesn’t remember how she had gotten down in the first place, but it seemed quite darn impressive if you looked up at it like this. Her ruby gaze moves to meet Reagan’s green one, her insecurity reflecting in her now much more lively eyes. After breaking the eye contact she takes a deep breath, like that would give her more courage, before going up on the mountain.

With tired, aching limbs and a short, shallow breath she comes to a halt. Jinju is still far gone from the top, but that never had been her goal anyway. She wasn’t here to prove that she was best, that she could reach the top, instead she would request the fairy to give her still undiscovered powers back. Yes, the inky black girl could feel it swirling inside of her, but that wasn’t the same as being able to wield it. That was where Reagan, her foster mom, would step in, helping her to master it so she wouldn’t be a danger to herself or others. ”B-Beqanna..?”

She is quiet while her voice echoes down the mountain, even holding her breath – although she still is panting slightly – to make sure she wouldn’t miss a possibly reply. Her awkwardness grows the longer the silence lasts, leaving the yearling girl to scrape her hoof on the ground in a nervous tick. ”I.. Aunt Re.. No. My mom said I am ready,” she starts off, for the first time referring to Reagan as her mother instead of her aunt. ”Ready to request my fire back.” While she spoke Jinju’s voice got softer and softer, more hesitant and clearly unsure of how to address the goddess fairy. And even more unknown with what exactly she was asking for. ”I.. I don’t really know.. how this works, I mean..” she admits, only quickly glancing at Reagan before letting her eyes fall to the ground.

@[Reagan]

Trait petition to request Jinju's pyrokinesis back ^^.
    Jinju has now 46 points (including this post), pyrokinesis is 30 points, which will lead to a new total of 16 points. At my tracker thread you can see her up-to-date amount of points: http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11244

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    There is something left to be desired in the dying embers of a fire. The latent glow that rests with the coals as they break down and warm the area around it, setting the hearts of those who view it aglow with an inner peace and a warmth.  Though it does not have the activity of a roaring flame, the latent heat from this type of warmth is every bit as potent as its cousin—and far more dangerous. For though it is almost out, this is the warmest of fires… and it can cause a spark in the very heart of you—evoking an emotion; a memory. It brings you close and makes you remember. Vacations, holidays, and family moments. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Do you think this is a roaring, vigorous flame? No. This is achieved over a warm fire that has broken apart the coals, and heats the entire space.

Just as Jinju has warmed the heart of Reagan, even though her fire fire is almost out, she is every bit as ready to achieve the greatest of flames, to bring them to submission, and to learn how to be the greatest of the pyrokinesthetics. For it is a science experiment—and even the best of the elemental magicks knows that fire can take on many forms. You can make fire whatever you want. You can make fire do whatever you want.

Reagan stands next to Jinju, her heart warmed by the fact that her daughter has claimed her as her own, and flicks her tail over Jinju’s back and points her ears forward, addressing the fairies herself.

“Good fairies. You have seen the repentance of my heart, and have given me back my powers in accordance with your will. I have seen inside Jinju’s heart and mind that there is no pretense or evil. She genuinely comes from a heart of goodness. Therefore, I plead you, and beseech you; May I give my adoptive daughter the power of fire? It is already within her blood, burning like coal, but I would be ever so grateful to be able to teach her to make fire of different colors, and strengths—to make liquid fire and flame.

And, with your good permission, fairies, to mark her as my daughter with the gift of fire wings. She is not aware that I would ask this, and it would not be passed down to her offspring; In the old days, you gave us permission to grant gifts to our loved ones if our blood ran with magic. However, these are not the old days, and thus, this humble magician asks for your permission to see this through as a gift from the heart of Beqanna, to a dearly loved daughter, and nothing more. Grant this to me, dearest fairies; Please. If not, then let your will be done, and we shall accept it. But know that I shall teach her your ways, and how to respect the magic—as well as how to use it.”

It never stops.

She has tried to teach them their lesson, wrenched their magic away and made them earn it back.
    (She does not expect them to always grovel - some are too proud - but she expects a certain contriteness.)

What she does not expect is this: more, more.

It’s not the girl's fault (though she certainly doesn't try to halt the impudent magician); even the magician says so herself.
    Still.

"Did you learn nothing?" she bellows, mostly to the magician, though truth is, it's to both of them, "did the events do nothing for you?"
    She sighs.
    "Jinju," she says. She is almost kind.
    "You come to me, humble, but you do nothing to stop this...impudence.."
    (She has another word for it, but holds her tongue.)
    "Your pyrokinesis will return in a half-year time," she tells the girl.

Now, she turns to Reagan.
    "You," she says, and there is an edge to her voice, a knife-sharpness, "your audacity is almost adorable. You may be a magician, but you are not a god. You have no say in the powers of others. It is not up to you."
    She regards her.
    "You didn't learn from my first lesson, clearly,” she says, "so I must teach you again."
    She waves her hand, dismissive.
    "You must go without your magic for a half-year while you think about what you've done. Remember that you cannot play god."

A puff of smoke, then, and she is gone.

(The BQ fairy frowns strongly upon magicians trying to bring in more traits, and finds it very greedy. Because of this, both Jinju and Reagan will be without traits for 1 month (1/2 a BQ year; however, Jinju's request is ultimately granted. Reagan's is not.).