• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Homecoming [the family]
    Ruan
    His eyes scanned their surroundings with swift flicks, catching on one thing, dismissing it, then moving on to the next thing. Any flicker of movement demanded his attention. Any new scent analyzed silently. He was watchful, careful to keep his girls well-protected.

As they drew nearer to the Taiga, his heart beat a little quicker, anticipation coursing through him. He was anxious to see Reagan again, and curious to see if she'd approve of his day out with Jinju as it ended with bringing home a little golden child with navy blue hair. He sensed Heda would need Reagan more one day than she'd need him.

And then they were there, among the forest of home. He paused, breathing deeply and taking in the familiar smells. The light within him pulsed, and he knew she was near. Reagan was coming. His heartbeat quickened, and he turned to smile at his girls.

"Come, Heda," he coaxed gently, gesturing with a little jerk of his nose for her to come closer. "Come meet your mother, if you wish to call her as such." He stared down at her in glittering adoration, then shared the same with Jinju. The rich black filly was his first child, an older sister now despite that she called him "uncle". His very special Jinju.

It felt good to be home. All together. A family.

@[Jinju] @[Heda] @[Reagan]

Jinju
    The closer they got the Taiga, the more enthusiast Jinju became. Home, they were almost home! She could already see the trees in the distance. With them in sight she got more comfortable with detaching herself from Ruan’s side. The purple influenced appaloosa hadn’t offered her the protection of his wings, but that didn’t mean she had felt comfortable enough to not seek shelter and comfort at his side. But with home so close by it was an entire different situation.

She trots into the Taiga, slaloming through the trees, until she reaches a small clearing. As she waits for Ruan and Heda to catch up, she calls out towards her mother. Yes, mother indeed. With their recent hike up the mountain Jinju had accepted that what she had known in her heart for a while already. The twinkle in her ruby eyes shows her excitement, she’s so thrilled, eager to introduce Heda to the other parent figure in her life. Also, she just enjoyed to spend time around the two equine that mattered the most to her in life.

As Reagan comes into view, Jinju enthusiastically bounces up to her side. ”Mom!” she greets the gray and emerald mare, eagerly pressing her muzzle against Reagan’s shoulder. The contact doesn’t last long, as the inky black girl is already bouncing the place where Ruan and Heda still stood. ”Mom, this is Heda” she introduced the navy filly, a smile playing on her lips as she was looking back at the gray mare expectantly.

OOC:
    First wanted to wait until you all had posted, but I was musey today and decided to just write.. But in the end I turned out to not be that musey after all XD. Please forgive me the short rubbish words <3

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    Her heart was growing, as was her stomach. As her middle became fuller and rounder, she became more aware of her how much. The kicking was in earnest now and Reagan’s love of her son Jason…or Iasan, as she would call him—her secret buried deep within her, smiling slyly at the wonderful twist of fate—was growing as fast as she was. Jinju was her daughter in earnest now, and their life was growing more full by the week, it seemed.

Her wolf-mate,  it seemed, had brought back a new face to join their small band. Slowly, almost assuredly, her family would outgrow the forest and they would require a home of their own. Their leaders were nowhere to be seen, and Reagan and Ruan had taken life for themselves. And yet, as together as they were, they were not in charge of their own destinies. Soon, however… this would change.

Reagan was sure of it.

As Ruan stepped out from the trees and presented a small navy blue filly to her, she smiled and approached him. Coming from the side however, her inky black lady—her ever growing wonder—Jinju stepped forward, her fire fairies dancing alongside her. Very soon, the winter would be upon them again and she would have her fire scarf back, if she wished it. Even sooner, Reagan hoped to teach her all about her abilities with fire. Approaching her daughter—who was by now almost as big as she was—she smiles and nuzzles her. “Hello my dear, I see you have your companions with you. First the fairy, and now this new girl. Love her as you do me, my darling. There is more power in a burning heart than there is in one whose fire has gone out. Remember that.”. She brings Jinju to her side, and then looks up at Ruan again, her emotions in her eyes.

Hearing her heart beating in his chest, and the echoing of her own in her ears, she smiled again, knowing eyes whispering her love for him before turning to the girl with him. “Hello Heda. My name is Reagan.”
    Her heart flutters with excitement sending chills down her petite spine as they finally reach Taiga. She can sense the excitement and anticipation running through all of their veins, yet the emotions seem out of reach. Charging her way through the undergrowth following the path of her new family members the little girl can't help but express herself galloping forwards in bounds and bucks, trying to use her small blue tinged wings to propel her forwards so she could keep up. But her little navy blue limbs were no match for the massive strides of Ruan and Jinju, and she constantly found herself falling behind just a tad bit.

Trailing behind the pair, propelling herself forwards with all the little girl can muster. She reaches Raun's side, as Jinju emits the word, mother. She can feel the enthusiasm and fondness pulsating from her new sister's body but, she's still unable to grasp onto it, to attain and control it. 

Heda's limbs slow to a walk, hesitant and nervous the girl glues her slim body to Ruan's side trembling in an over exaggerated state, yet excitement still bellows in her lungs with a small little swish of her tail from side to side. Hazel eyes meet the gaze of the grey mare, fluttering her wings to give her a touch of confidence, as she learns quickly of the mares name. Reagan must be the women that Ruan spoke of earlier, and was Jinju's adoptive mother.

She stumbles forwards relinquishing herself from Ruan's side, in a more confident motion. She extended her navy muzzle towards the mare in a greeting, "Hi there, Reagan." She shares a glance over at Jinju, shifting over to Ruan and she allows a smug smile to pull at the corners of her lips as she returns her attention to Reagan. 

She finally had what she always wanted, a family. People that she knew would guide her through life, and love her with all her hearts. She could feel it. She could feel love pulsing through their veins, she could feel everything. No wonder her birthmother didn't want to share. Because she didn't wan to share either. 
    HEDA
    Go right ahead, laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    HTML by Call

OOC: Short and sweet... the whole emotions thing is residue of her lost trait she has yet to of discover. So just roll with it <3
    @[Jinju] @[Ruan] @[Reagan]
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Ruan
    The scent of home reached the group, and Jinju's eyes lit. She danced through the trees easily. She belonged to this place as much as it belonged to her, and it showed in every step she took. Her head was higher, her face more open. She was confident here. The forest was her element.

She saw Reagan and bolted for her, young Heda not far behind as she kicked up in play. Their excitement was infectious and she was just as happy to be here as they were, as though she was always meant to be here with them. The sun dappled through the canopy and the light glittered across her golden back as she waltzed along, looking like stars in the navy stripe of her spine. She was night and day all in one, a very special girl.

He saw a love that nearly matched his own reflected in Reagan's eyes as he looked up. Rather than upset for an unannounced growth to their family, she took the girl in instantly. The bond that linked them all was already so solid, so powerful. Ruan came to his lover's side and swept his velvet across her cheek. This felt so right, all of it.

"You're a big sister now, Jinju," he said, turning to her with love in his eyes. "You'll be expected to help take care of our Heda. Do you think you could do that, love?" Of course she could, and of course she would. She was a strong girl, and though he worried if she'd enjoy or resent the addition to their family, she could be trusted to do her part. And he had faith that she would seek him out if she needed reassurance.

Jinju
    The little fire creatures never seemed to bore her. How could she get bored by such a wonderful thing? How could she get ever bored of fire? It wasn’t her own fire, but she naturally let it in. Soon her ruby eyes were following the fairies, a bit grin pulling on the corner of her lips, as she danced around with them. It was her mother’s nuzzle and words that pulled her out of her little daze. Nonetheless Jinju turned to look at the gray mare with a wide smile, nodding her head eagerly.

Once Reagan moves forwards towards Heda, Jinju is left with a puzzled look upon her face. ”Love her?” Of course she already cared for her new sister. Yes, she understood the words her mother had spoken, but their actual meaning needed a bit more for her to understand. For now she would just have to accept it, and honestly, her young mind was soon distracted again to watch Heda meet her mother. When their gazes meet, Jinju can only smile widely and nod her head slightly at the navy girl, silently confirming that she too was family now.

When her ruby gaze meets Ruan’s she can only nod slight, agreeing with his words, as she would definitely try. Not that she was sure that she would make a good sister – in the similar fashion she still feared she wouldn’t be a good daughter, her mom didn’t leave her for nothing – but it wouldn’t stop Jinju from trying. And she liked Heda, although the navy girl had spoken some strangely difficult words. Perhaps Heda would be a better big sister, but sisters they were. When she looks up to Ruan again, she nods, small – hesitant – smile on her lips. ”I will try.”

For a moment she watches her parents interact, but soon that gets boring. Instead Heda becomes her point of interest and with a few excited jumps she finds herself standing next to the navy girl. She had always been somewhat jealous of the bond Arete and Aliva, and now she had her own sister to create such a bond with. ”Want to explore the forest?” she asks the other girl, voice soft and whispering, as if she was trying to keep a secret. Maybe, just maybe, their parents would be too engaged in each other, to notice them sneaking off.

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    Their family, this new daughter, was growing faster than the trees could contain it. And so was her heart.

Reagan was willing to take on this new leadership position to keep Jinju safe, and to keep her grounded. Reagan’s past was littered with children and bad memories; black moments that she was less than proud of. However, she was still young minded… and she remembered the life that she had had before her magic. Remembered escaping into the moors, looking for freedom and laughter. Her eyes are slit and she levels the girls with her vision, but gives them a quiet side smile, as if their attempt to sneak off could go unnoticed or unwarranted. Sorry girls, mama is too sly for that.

“Jinju, Heda. Be safe, but remember, even the trees have ears if you need me, just call for me. Your father and I will be around if you need us.”
    Her little body thunders in excitement, as her navy blue tail swishes back and forth in s gleeful manner. She had her family, she had her home. What else could a little girl like her want?

With a sweet little smile shoved upon her navy blue lips the girl, she shares a glance with all of them once more. Her navy tinged limbs trembling with joy and excitement as her sweet little ears managed to catch Jinju's words,Want to explore the forest? Explore? Why not! "Yes!" She answered with much enthusiasm.

With an excited leap the girl turns tail towards the forest in hope to sneak off with Jinju to explore. But with little success, their mother manages to notice them sneaking off. And with a reminder to stay safe, and to holler if we needed help. And they were off galloping through the trees and brush, two sisters so similar but both so unique.
    HEDA
    Go right ahead, laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    HTML by Call

Short and sweet... saph we can make a thread of them having some sister time if you want. @[Jinju]
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Yas! I want some sistertime for them haha.
    We could either continue here, or make a small time jump to the winter. Whatever you prefer Smile
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.